View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 7:21 pm



Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS? 

Who will win?
Lions 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Saints 48%  48%  [ 16 ]
Too close to call 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33

 Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS? 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
Before I predict, all I want to say is im feeling a certain kind of confidence that I havent felt before in this team. I think this team is ready to show up and play to their abilities. I think Schwartz has this team motivated with different types of ideas, including Harbaugh's comments.

Most would say the Saints should win this game, and that it totally understandable. But im gonna vote the Lions because of what I mentioned before. Not only that, but having Stafford and CJ and with Titus playing better and better each week. Plus, Suh never got his chance against the Saints weeks ago, you think hes hungry for that? I do.


Lions 34 Saints 28

Go get it done Lions!

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 5th, 2012, 3:49 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7119
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
I think there are a few teams in the NFC Play offs that are crapping their drawers when they think they might have to face the Lions again.

The Saints are one of those teams.

LIONS 38
SAINTS 31( Our defense has no more rectum to get chewed off after last weeks performance)


January 6th, 2012, 12:05 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
THE Saints can hurt you in many ways, I am more concerned with their running game and Ricky Sproles ck spelling. I really think if we stop him from catching the screens for long runs and cover him on punt returns we will have a chance of beating this team, like i said earlier, the Lions also have a offense and were a lot healthier now. I would put Stafford high on the list of great QB's, this kid is going to break many records, I just got a gut feeling after I read that we are gettting Delmas back will be a big lift for our defensive backs, at first I thought there would be no way the Lions can beat the Saints, we won't if we played the way we did against the Packers, but we play better in doors and the Lions will not throw 2 clunkers back to back, look out Saints say your Prayers because the Lions are going to give you all you want. Lions 34 Saints 31.


January 6th, 2012, 4:05 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
kdsberman wrote:
Before I predict, all I want to say is im feeling a certain kind of confidence that I havent felt before in this team. I think this team is ready to show up and play to their abilities. I think Schwartz has this team motivated with different types of ideas, including Harbaugh's comments.

Most would say the Saints should win this game, and that it totally understandable. But im gonna vote the Lions because of what I mentioned before. Not only that, but having Stafford and CJ and with Titus playing better and better each week. Plus, Suh never got his chance against the Saints weeks ago, you think hes hungry for that? I do.


Lions 34 Saints 28

Go get it done Lions!


I think your right. Lions 34 Saints 31


January 6th, 2012, 4:07 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
Ferris wrote:
I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but I think you should all pull out your wallets for this game.

The NFL networks hype machine is in full swing, the ironic part is how blatantly bad the Detroit Lions team is perceived to be. They fail to mention anything positive about the Lions, with the exception of a slip here or there. Deception is a profitable thing.

How many people thought the Eagles "dream team" wasn't making it to the playoffs at the beginning of the season?

If you stop to think that "HALF" our losses came while Stafford was wearing a glove. Stafford's season doesn't need an asterisk next to it to be called great, however 41 TD's and 16 INT's could have been better. 10 of staffords INT's came while his index finger was injured.

I know Im a homer :shock: really, I know. I just expect the Lions, Stafford, and the defense to shock a few people on Saturday. I don't think in any way shape or form, the general NFL fan has any idea how good this team is.

Broncos superbowl odds right now are a 50 -1 and the Texans are 40 -1. Are either of these teams as good as the Lions who are also 40 - 1.

Just seems very odd that a 23 year old that is the 4th leading yards passer in NFL history with the reception leader for the season in Calvin Johnson get's absolutely no attention. I wouldn't cover your eyes when you watch these games. It's a business, and if they are in the business of making it look as though the Lions have zero chance to win then they are doing great. NFL network give's the Broncos more of a chance in the first round than the Lions. Crazy.


I already have, not done to bad with betting on line, I will take the pts for 5 dimes. If I lose I am still up 10 dimes for the year. I just wish I knew that one guy that lives in Vegas that wins 98% of the time, they had the guy on 60 minutes, has his own private jet, 2 golf coarses, he is something else he has guys bet for him that is how much of a secret it is, he has been known to make a sizeable bet on the other team just so it will be the pts down then he makes even a bigger bet on the other team. No kidding, maybe you can look up the show on 60minutes.


January 6th, 2012, 4:12 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
m2karateman wrote:
I'd reatlly like to see the Lions get a win in New Orleans, if nothing else just to shut georgechuvale the F up. However, I don't think it will happen. I have several reasons, some more far fetched than others.

1. Drew Brees - I think he will be determined to show that he is the better QB, since there are some that feel, despite his record breaking season, he is not the best QB in the league.

2. Saints O-line - I think the Saints line trumps our D-line more so than our O-line trumps their D-line. I think the front four can get pressure, but not consistently enough to throw Brees off his game. Also, they have a running game, and our team does not.

3. Inconsistency - The Lions played one game where they were consistently good on both sides of the LOS throughout the contest, and that was the Chargers game. Unless they play with the same consistency and control, they won't win.

4 The league - it just seems to me that the NFL and its officials are determined to have a New Orleans/Green Bay NFC showdown in the playoffs. The officiating in the first Lions-Saints game was horribly one sided, in favor of the home team. I expect it will be much the same this time, like it was at Lambeau. The NFL is becoming very bold in how much favoritism is shown to those teams it wants in the playoffs. It's plain as day who gets the calls, and who doesn't. The Lions certainly don't.


Whats your problem boy maybe you did not read my latest post, I said if they play the way they did against the Packers last week they will not win this game, read first before you jump on me, boy.


January 6th, 2012, 4:14 am
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am
Posts: 77
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
m2karateman wrote:
I'd reatlly like to see the Lions get a win in New Orleans, if nothing else just to shut georgechuvale the F up. However, I don't think it will happen. I have several reasons, some more far fetched than others.

1. Drew Brees - I think he will be determined to show that he is the better QB, since there are some that feel, despite his record breaking season, he is not the best QB in the league.

2. Saints O-line - I think the Saints line trumps our D-line more so than our O-line trumps their D-line. I think the front four can get pressure, but not consistently enough to throw Brees off his game. Also, they have a running game, and our team does not.

3. Inconsistency - The Lions played one game where they were consistently good on both sides of the LOS throughout the contest, and that was the Chargers game. Unless they play with the same consistency and control, they won't win.

4 The league - it just seems to me that the NFL and its officials are determined to have a New Orleans/Green Bay NFC showdown in the playoffs. The officiating in the first Lions-Saints game was horribly one sided, in favor of the home team. I expect it will be much the same this time, like it was at Lambeau. The NFL is becoming very bold in how much favoritism is shown to those teams it wants in the playoffs. It's plain as day who gets the calls, and who doesn't. The Lions certainly don't.


Next time read before you open your mouth. boy.

Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints
What I meant to say was if the Lions play against the Saints the way they did against the Packers yes they will not win. But what I am hoping on they get back some of the players that were out we need Delmas in the lineup, Stafford I believe is a elite QB and can match Drew touchdown for touchdown, it will all come down to turnovers and who makes the least mistakes, no penalties and tackle and play hard I for one know the Saints should not be favored by that many points, this I believe will motivate this team, and the fact they are playing in a dome sure does not hurt, remember Joe Namath nobody said the Colts would lose and guess what they did. Miracles do happen. Go Lions I just get mad sometimes and want the Lions to win so bad after so many losing seasons, at least they are headed in the right direction, you could not say that 3 yrs ago. If we only had a good GM when we had a young Barry Sanders we could have build a playoff team year after year. This team will not play 2 bad games back to back, they will leave it all on the field win or lose. Go LIons


January 6th, 2012, 4:18 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Common sense ain't so common!
georgechuvalo wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I'd reatlly like to see the Lions get a win in New Orleans, if nothing else just to shut georgechuvale the F up. However, I don't think it will happen. I have several reasons, some more far fetched than others.

1. Drew Brees - I think he will be determined to show that he is the better QB, since there are some that feel, despite his record breaking season, he is not the best QB in the league.

2. Saints O-line - I think the Saints line trumps our D-line more so than our O-line trumps their D-line. I think the front four can get pressure, but not consistently enough to throw Brees off his game. Also, they have a running game, and our team does not.

3. Inconsistency - The Lions played one game where they were consistently good on both sides of the LOS throughout the contest, and that was the Chargers game. Unless they play with the same consistency and control, they won't win.

4 The league - it just seems to me that the NFL and its officials are determined to have a New Orleans/Green Bay NFC showdown in the playoffs. The officiating in the first Lions-Saints game was horribly one sided, in favor of the home team. I expect it will be much the same this time, like it was at Lambeau. The NFL is becoming very bold in how much favoritism is shown to those teams it wants in the playoffs. It's plain as day who gets the calls, and who doesn't. The Lions certainly don't.


Next time read before you open your mouth. boy.

Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints
What I meant to say was if the Lions play against the Saints the way they did against the Packers yes they will not win. But what I am hoping on they get back some of the players that were out we need Delmas in the lineup, Stafford I believe is a elite QB and can match Drew touchdown for touchdown, it will all come down to turnovers and who makes the least mistakes, no penalties and tackle and play hard I for one know the Saints should not be favored by that many points, this I believe will motivate this team, and the fact they are playing in a dome sure does not hurt, remember Joe Namath nobody said the Colts would lose and guess what they did. Miracles do happen. Go Lions I just get mad sometimes and want the Lions to win so bad after so many losing seasons, at least they are headed in the right direction, you could not say that 3 yrs ago. If we only had a good GM when we had a young Barry Sanders we could have build a playoff team year after year. This team will not play 2 bad games back to back, they will leave it all on the field win or lose. Go LIons


Not that I am providing an answer for M2K but...

NOW maybe you understand why you shouldn't open a new thread for every random thought that enters your head!!

Check the time stamps on these two threads:

Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS?

Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

PERHAPS if you would have posted this thought in Sly's thread (instead on creating a new one 3 hours later) it might have been seen.

Here's a thought: 1) Find a relevant thread to where your post fits before you create a new thread. 2) Post an intelligent & articulate thought. 3) Gain some credibility and interest in what you have to say. 4) Create a new thread that people are interested in reading.

For the time being; just pretend the "New Topic" icon isn't there!

_________________
Image


January 6th, 2012, 7:32 am
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1112
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
Blimey - a national press writer who's willing to go against the typical "dirty Lions" line ...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/742 ... ons-saints


January 6th, 2012, 10:04 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Common sense ain't so common!
LionFan57 wrote:
georgechuvalo wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I'd reatlly like to see the Lions get a win in New Orleans, if nothing else just to shut georgechuvale the F up. However, I don't think it will happen. I have several reasons, some more far fetched than others.

1. Drew Brees - I think he will be determined to show that he is the better QB, since there are some that feel, despite his record breaking season, he is not the best QB in the league.

2. Saints O-line - I think the Saints line trumps our D-line more so than our O-line trumps their D-line. I think the front four can get pressure, but not consistently enough to throw Brees off his game. Also, they have a running game, and our team does not.

3. Inconsistency - The Lions played one game where they were consistently good on both sides of the LOS throughout the contest, and that was the Chargers game. Unless they play with the same consistency and control, they won't win.

4 The league - it just seems to me that the NFL and its officials are determined to have a New Orleans/Green Bay NFC showdown in the playoffs. The officiating in the first Lions-Saints game was horribly one sided, in favor of the home team. I expect it will be much the same this time, like it was at Lambeau. The NFL is becoming very bold in how much favoritism is shown to those teams it wants in the playoffs. It's plain as day who gets the calls, and who doesn't. The Lions certainly don't.


Next time read before you open your mouth. boy.

Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints
What I meant to say was if the Lions play against the Saints the way they did against the Packers yes they will not win. But what I am hoping on they get back some of the players that were out we need Delmas in the lineup, Stafford I believe is a elite QB and can match Drew touchdown for touchdown, it will all come down to turnovers and who makes the least mistakes, no penalties and tackle and play hard I for one know the Saints should not be favored by that many points, this I believe will motivate this team, and the fact they are playing in a dome sure does not hurt, remember Joe Namath nobody said the Colts would lose and guess what they did. Miracles do happen. Go Lions I just get mad sometimes and want the Lions to win so bad after so many losing seasons, at least they are headed in the right direction, you could not say that 3 yrs ago. If we only had a good GM when we had a young Barry Sanders we could have build a playoff team year after year. This team will not play 2 bad games back to back, they will leave it all on the field win or lose. Go LIons


Not that I am providing an answer for M2K but...

NOW maybe you understand why you shouldn't open a new thread for every random thought that enters your head!!

Check the time stamps on these two threads:

Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS?

Earlier I posted the Lions have no chance against Saints

PERHAPS if you would have posted this thought in Sly's thread (instead on creating a new one 3 hours later) it might have been seen.

Here's a thought: 1) Find a relevant thread to where your post fits before you create a new thread. 2) Post an intelligent & articulate thought. 3) Gain some credibility and interest in what you have to say. 4) Create a new thread that people are interested in reading.

For the time being; just pretend the "New Topic" icon isn't there!



Very, VERY well said.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 6th, 2012, 2:15 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: Common sense ain't so common!
For the time being; just pretend the "New Topic" icon isn't there!

George, this should be your motto here for the next 3-4 months.


January 6th, 2012, 2:58 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11820
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
Back on topic........

ESPN wrote:
Final Word: Lions at Saints
January, 6, 2012
By Kevin Seifert

Three nuggets of knowledge about Saturday's Lions-Saints wild-card game:

Historic battle: I did my best this week to make our preview coverage about the actual game and its matchups, as opposed to just how unprecedented a victory Saturday night would be in recent Lions history. (Here's a link to our handy "Lions-Saints" tag.) But here goes: The Lions are one of two NFL teams never to have won a wild-card playoff game, tallying an 0-6 record since its advent, according to ESPN Stats & Information. They haven't won a playoff game of any sort since the 1991 season, and its been 54 years since they've won a playoff game on the road. (A 31-27 victory at the San Francisco 49ers in the 1957 Western Conference playoffs.) The Lions are 11-point underdogs against a Saints team that hasn't lost at home this season. It's no surprise that the Twitter hashtag #shocktheworld has emerged this week. For any number of reasons, there aren't many people counting on a Lions victory Saturday night.

More than Megatron: Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams noted this week that "guys that are 6-5 end up being 5-5 when they get flipped over on their head," an obvious reference to Lions receiver Calvin Johnson. But no matter how much attention the Saints pay to Johnson, they'll no doubt be aware of the impressive across-the-board production the Lions got during their 3-1 finish to the regular season. Johnson caught 27 passes and four touchdowns over that span, but tight end Brandon Pettigrew also caught 27 passes, while receiver Nate Burleson had 22 and Titus Young 17. Young scored four touchdowns, Pettigrew two and Burleson one. The Lions aren't likely to win if Johnson gets shut out, but they have the capacity to compete even if he is limited, especially if quarterback Matthew Stafford can beat the Saints' blitz as we discussed earlier this week.

Impact player: As the quarterback, Stafford will have more opportunities to impact the outcome of the game than any other Lions player. But a close second will be any of the Lions' key pass-rushers up front. Whether it's Ndamukong Suh or Kyle Vanden Bosch or Cliff Avril, someone needs to make Saints quarterback Drew Brees uncomfortable in the pocket early and maintain the pressure for the duration. Otherwise, Brees will pick the Lions apart. In the teams' first meeting, the Lions put Brees under duress on only three of his 38 dropbacks. He completed 26 of his resulting 36 passes for 342 yards and three touchdowns. Suh, Vanden Bosch and Avril have each had dominant games at one point or another in their careers. At least one of them must produce another Saturday night.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... -at-saints

_________________
Go Lions!!! headbang.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!


January 6th, 2012, 3:17 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
George why did you keep saying boy? You some 60 year old man?

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


January 6th, 2012, 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3504
Location: WSU
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
Quote:
George why did you keep saying boy? You some 60 year old man?


so perfect that it brought tears to my eyes


January 6th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 999
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
I voted Lions. Make it 35-30. The key to this game IMO is our D-line, or more importantly the interior of it. The Saints guards were just anointed All-Pro. Feel it is imperative the DT's get enough push to eliminate the comfort of a pocket for Brees.


January 7th, 2012, 10:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.