View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Congratulations to the Lions 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Congratulations to the Lions
Hell of a season, guys. Super Bowl or bust next year.

January 8th, 2012, 12:17 am
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Congratulations to the Lions
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Hell of a season, guys. Super Bowl or bust next year.

Yup! Great Season. Looks like we definitely have some work to do, but we should only get better. I would be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs again next season.

GO LIONS!

January 8th, 2012, 12:22 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Alphonso Smith is probably history next season

January 8th, 2012, 12:25 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Yea, they deserve to be congratulated for having a good, but not great season. While I didn't expect them to win tonight, I was rather disappointed in the defense's performance, or lack thereof. Hopefully, they'll completely revamp it in the offseason.

January 8th, 2012, 12:28 am
QB Coach

I'm proud of Matt and Calvin and all the guys. A playoff win would have been great, but hopefully we can take another step forward next year.

January 8th, 2012, 12:29 am
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:

There's a reason he was cut midseaseon and we've seen it regularly over the past month

January 8th, 2012, 12:30 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

slybri19 wrote:
Yea, they deserve to be congratulated for having a good, but not great season. While I didn't expect them to win tonight, I was rather disappointed in the defense's performance, or lack thereof. Hopefully, they'll completely revamp it in the offseason.

Ya, where the hell was Deandre Levy? It looked like Gun had them in the right positions but they just missed tackle after tackle.

January 8th, 2012, 12:32 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Yea, Levy will be a RFA this offseason and I'm not even sure if they should tender him. While Tulloch and Durant also missed tackles, atleast they made several plays along the way too. What did Levy do?

January 8th, 2012, 12:43 am
QB Coach

I'm very happy with the Lions season. Of course I would've liked a win tonight, but I didn't expect it. To go form 0-16 to the playoffs in 3 years is great. I'm sad tonight, but happy overall.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 8th, 2012, 12:49 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I'm very happy with the Lions season. Of course I would've liked a win tonight, but I didn't expect it. To go form 0-16 to the playoffs in 3 years is great. I'm sad tonight, but happy overall.

+1 A lot of positives to take into next season, particularly on offense.

January 8th, 2012, 1:10 am
Div 1 - Starter

Congratulations Lions team.

They had the best season they've had in over a decade and played a competitive game against one of the league's elite teams for three quarters. They probably would have beaten 27 of the other 31 teams in the league in that game. The loss to the Saints is disappointing, but it isn't a big surprise.

Three years ago at this time the issue was whether they could win a single game. Two years ago it was whether they could win more than two games. Now it's about how far they can advance in the playoffs.

I feel good about how they did this season. The team needs more talent in a couple areas, but I don't think I've seen a more solid or tougher Lions team since 1991. This is probably the second best Lions team I've seen in my football-watching lifetime (since the mid-1980's).

A toast to an exciting season. Let's hope that our running backs return healthy and that we have a good draft and free agency.

January 8th, 2012, 2:47 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Yeah, little disappointed we didn't win tonight but overall it was a great season! :arrow:

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 8th, 2012, 11:37 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

conversion02 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

There's a reason he was cut midseaseon and we've seen it regularly over the past month

i think u mean brandon mcdonald who was inactive

January 8th, 2012, 11:39 am
League MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Ya, where the hell was Deandre Levy? It looked like Gun had them in the right positions but they just missed tackle after tackle.

Levy is a bad linebacker, he s been bad all season and last season he looked afraid to get his jersey dirty. he had a hard hit after durant had already forced a fumble but that was levy s highlight. Levy and poor tackling from Spievey's position have been huge reasons we had run liability problems this season. This game was different bc everyone was missing tackles. Credit to Saints RBs who kept getting extra 3-4 yards per run all game, thats what crippled us this game. The big plays were a result of the RB play and may not have happened if we could ve stopped 1 or 2 of 3 fourth downs or challenged a 3rd down terrible spot.

January 8th, 2012, 11:42 am
Pop Warner Vet

I'm really proud of this team. They are talented and Schwartz seems to be growing into the HC role well. I was very impressed with how quickly they changed their approach following the first Saints game, and eliminated the dumb penalties. They have huge potential, and Stafford has shown that he can be a top-tier quarterback in the league for years to come.
They will need to shore up their secondary dramatically, and add at least one if not two more effective linebackers. They could really use a stud edge rusher as well, but who couldn't?
I have written so many posts on this forum complaining in a negative way about the Lions, but now I can see that this organization has a vision and leadership that is talented and makes good decisions.
The best part is, I'm not only looking for the Lions to be good next year, but for the years to come. I'll take that over a one year Super Bowl flare up like so many teams (Cardinals, Panthers, Raiders, etc.) have had in the NFL, only to return to obscurity.

GO LIONS!

January 8th, 2012, 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next