View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Linebackers 
Team MVP

Post Linebackers
Thought Id start a thread about this years linebackers in the draft.

Based on what a lot of sources say, it seems like the top linebackers in this years draft fit best in a 3-4. I have watched a little of Zachary Brown from UNC, who I think would fit well in a 43, but based on what I saw he doesnt seem like he would be much of an upgrade of what we have. Did notice he seems to read and react pretty well, but didnt seem to have that "linebacker movement". Seems as though he doesnt change directions very well for being only 230lbs. BUT, thats just my views.

Does anyone have a favorite LB theyd like to see the Lions get?

I know a lot of us were really raving about Vontaze Burfict last year, but most likely he will be gone before we pick. Personally, i can see him as a 43 backer even though a lot of sources think of him as a 34 guy.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 6th, 2012, 8:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Linebackers
Burfict might be there in the 15-20 range which may only be a few spots to move up for

January 6th, 2012, 9:47 pm

i really like kevin reddick at UNC, more than Brown. also regarding your post - I think their is room in the Lions defense for one of the LBs to be that 3-4 type of OLB, maybe a guy thats fits the prototype but is slightly smaller or a little more of a coverage player than a passrusher but one that can be effective blitzing. Levy all around is marginal IMO and I really like Durant but he isnt much when he blitzes.

January 6th, 2012, 9:57 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Hogue will end up replacing Levy once he gets the system down. He's MUCH better in coverage, and a sure tackler, so I think its just a matter of time. He doesn't lack the speed like Levy does either. If LB is BPA when we pick, then they might grab someone, but I believe we have much more pressing needs than LB, which is nice to say for once.

January 7th, 2012, 3:36 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Don't forget Durant signed for 2 years.

January 7th, 2012, 11:30 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I like Durant and he made plays all season. Tulloch was a good pickup, but we got shredded over the middle in our zone coverage. Levy was a giant liability against the run all season. When the opponent needed to get yards on the ground they almost ran exclusively Levy's way. I'm excited to see if Houge can fill that role. I'd like to see Kuechly from BC and plug him in the middle, especially if Tulloch wants a ton of money.

January 8th, 2012, 5:31 pm
Team MVP

Wayne Fontes wrote:
I like Durant and he made plays all season. Tulloch was a good pickup, but we got shredded over the middle in our zone coverage. Levy was a giant liability against the run all season. When the opponent needed to get yards on the ground they almost ran exclusively Levy's way. I'm excited to see if Houge can fill that role. I'd like to see Kuechly from BC and plug him in the middle, especially if Tulloch wants a ton of money.

They say Kuechly is a tackling machine, but his size (or lack thereof) kinda scares me. I kinda like having a "thumper" in the middle.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 8th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

They say Kuechly is a tackling machine, but his size (or lack thereof) kinda scares me. I kinda like having a "thumper" in the middle.

Chris Spielman's size scared people too. Chicken Livers. LOL.

Not saying Kuechly is Speilman. But, I ignore comments about someone being too small to play LB.

January 8th, 2012, 9:42 pm
Team MVP

By the way BillySims, I just might have to copy your signature because as of right now I very much so agree with you about Vontaze Burfict.

January 8th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
By the way BillySims, I just might have to copy your signature because as of right now I very much so agree with you about Vontaze Burfict.

Sure, I haven't patented the sig.

January 8th, 2012, 9:53 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I like Burfict, but he plays like a mad man and makes some really dumb decisions, post whistle. The Lions already have a bad reputation around the league for being dirty, and I don't think we want to add a guy like that. Just my 2 cents...

January 9th, 2012, 11:33 am

Dennis Ericsson historically runs the loosest ship possible and is notorious for the lack of discipline. I agree it's not a goodie w some of the penalties we had this year but if ur going to try winning w defense in this league w it's rules u need the best athletes and burfict is one of them, coaches and teammates have to do a better job of improving the discipline

January 10th, 2012, 8:38 pm
NFL Team Captain

While I thought Tulloch was an improvement in the middle, I wasn't overly impressed with his play. Levy definitely struggled in both run stop and coverage. Durant played well, but he also struggled at times with tackling.

I can't see them upgrading the whole linebacking corp, but I would think that Levy is the odd man out for me. He would make a great back up player since he can play both the inside and outside, but I'm not sure that would be an option for us or him at the end of the day?

I'd really like to see them make a huge upgrade at Levy's position.

January 11th, 2012, 6:31 am
Team MVP

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
While I thought Tulloch was an improvement in the middle, I wasn't overly impressed with his play. Levy definitely struggled in both run stop and coverage. Durant played well, but he also struggled at times with tackling.

I can't see them upgrading the whole linebacking corp, but I would think that Levy is the odd man out for me. He would make a great back up player since he can play both the inside and outside, but I'm not sure that would be an option for us or him at the end of the day?

I'd really like to see them make a huge upgrade at Levy's position.

I agree. I think an upgrade can be had at any of the 3 LB positions, but Levy's weakside linebacker position needs a significant upgrade.

Though some say Burfict might bring some sort of dirtyness to the team, I think at the same time he would bring an attitude to the linebacking core that the defensive line got last year.

There are several LB's in the draft, but if the Lions go LB in round 1, Id have to place my vote for Burfict at this point.

January 11th, 2012, 9:04 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah, if we go LB rd 1... I def. want Burfict.

NEVER GIVE UP!

January 11th, 2012, 9:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next