View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS? 

Who will win?
Lions 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Saints 48%  48%  [ 16 ]
Too close to call 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33

Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOFFS? 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at New Orleans Saints. PLAYOF
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
George why did you keep saying boy? You some 60 year old man?

so perfect that it brought tears to my eyes

or and old racist southern sheriff! lol

January 7th, 2012, 12:38 pm
Heisman Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:

so perfect that it brought tears to my eyes

or and old racist southern sheriff! lol

Could be Foghorn Leghorn too.

January 7th, 2012, 2:29 pm
QB Coach

Swami thinks the Lions have a big day, behind Suh and company, as stated on ESPN. If nothing else I hope we give a better showing than last time and really make the Aints work for their supposed victory. But I also believe that the Lions are the owners of their own destiny. If they play dominant, smart football, NO won't know what to do, because they've never faced someone this strong. If we self destruct, we lose. The choice is ours, and how hungry are we as a team?

Time will tell.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 7th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Have watched too much pregame stuff this week that has infuriated me so I wanted to go over the matchups again. NFL network "playbook" show is terrible and I cant stand there core group. Theisman on one hand says that there is no way the Lions can slow down the Saints but on the other hand says that Calvin Johnson wont be part of the game? Really Joe? Our defense is undoubtedly better than the Saints. Sterling Sharpe referred to Titus Young as Austin Pettis and called Pettigrew "Antonio" Pettigrew? What the f is that? He also said that Young is our No 2 which he isnt then referred to Lance Moore and Meachem as the no 3 and 4 receivers for the Saints. Devery Henderson is clearly their No 4 and Moore/Meachem are 2 and 3. Not to mention that Moore is out for the game. I ll take Calvin/Burleson/Young as at least even with Colston/Meacham/Henderson and probably better. The run game potentially can bash us but we need to play pass first and hope that the presence of Delmas and improved play from Durant and Spievey is enough to prevent big plays out of the run game. The Saints wont run it 30 times unless they are getting huge plays. And as much as the Lions run defense has been criticized they are good at stopping run and getting the ball back late in the game, if the Saints try to eat the 4th qtr by running it only - we will make the stops and get Stafford on the field.

Anyways

New Orleans offense:
The problem is that they have a good running game and a great passing game - they are tougher to defend than the Packers. Fortunately we are getting back Delmas who didnt play last time vs the Saints and will have Aaron Berry. Lance Moore is out which means that Eric Wright is mostly covering Henderson in 3 WR sets, remember Berry lines up at Wright's corner spot and Wright covers the slot receiver in nickel. Further, we will see a lot less of Chris Harris and Alphonso Smith - they were the majority of the lackluster D last week. Spievey has played a notch or two better in the few weeks that Delmas has been out. In short, our secondary now matches up much better with the Saints then it did last time - ie. + Delmas and - Lance Moore, - Chris Harris, and much less A. Smith. Not to mention the difference up front. Analysts keep referring to Bushrod as one of the great LTs in the game, I see him as a little above average in any event he is not a weakness but they are weak at Center and the RT can be beat. Ndamukong Suh is back and if Nick Fairley tore them up last time so can Suh, look for Fairley to also have a good game and maybe can be spread out a lil more because of the added depth. I would like to see the Lions take advantage of the weakness at the center position by playing one of Fairley/Williams/Hill shaded on the center almost the entire game rather than shaded off the guard as we usually do. Fairley and Williams should be able to force double teams and Hill could bullrush to disrupt any sort of trap/wham type plays as well as Brees drops. This will also make it difficult for them to double Suh unless they keep an extra blocker inside. Suh is playing just as well as he did last year, just getting doubled way more. If that works then the Saints will have their choice of going one on one w Suh, Avril and company vs pulling a route from the play call to block. The DL is entirely the key. Cunningham only has Delmas as an effective blitz player, Durant is better playing read and react on base type plays, Levy is an awful blitzer and Tulloch rushes w a head of steam but can be neuntralized. Anyway poorly timed blitzing has killed us. I think the Lions could surprise by disguising coverage schemes and going to Suh as a hoker.

Special teams: Sproles on returns can be trouble but our ST is a little better than it was the first 2/3 of the year, even Graham has gotten some kicks downed inside the 20. His Aussie kicks mightbe okay to be off the mark a little bit as long as they prevent a return.

Lions offense: As mentioned before things have changed, Calvin is getting the ball regardless of what the coverages are, Linehan hs been more creative and more aggressive and Stafford is playing his best football.

Intangibles : I dont expect a meltdown like we saw last time but I do think nerves will be a factor. I almost believe that the most dangerous thing would be for the Lions to start out ahead like 10-0 or something and then stall bc they are worried about blowing a game and lose their aggressiveness - ie conservative O and prevent D. Lions need to stay close throughout and then enter the 4th quarter with a lead or on a drive to take the lead and then take a two score lead at around the 4 minute mark. Payton can be aggressive and risky but I think he does it moreso when he s an underdog or well behind in the game - Im not too concerned by trick plays or onsides unless we re up by 2 scores in which case Im very happy.

Changed prediction
Lions: 37
Saints: 28

January 7th, 2012, 4:36 pm
Stadium Announcer

Lions2SB2 wrote:

No I call everyone boy, do you understand now boy.

January 8th, 2012, 12:10 am

Floyd Patterson s waiting for you boy, dont make anyone else here any more eager to arrange that meeting than they already are

clearly this is a joke, so nobody panic

January 8th, 2012, 12:33 am

georgechuvalo wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

you are the insperation behind Eddie Murpphy's gag "lookin prety good in them Jeans Boy" lol

January 9th, 2012, 2:42 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
georgechuvalo wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:

I will call you old man, do you understand now old man?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

Last edited by Lions2SB2 on January 10th, 2012, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 9th, 2012, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Here is a question.

I remember a point in the second quarter where the Saints had a 3rd and 8. Brees throws incomplete, but due to offsetting penalties they replay the down. When they run the play again it's a 3rd and 1.

The penalties were Offensive Pass Interference and Defensive Holding. I want to say it was on one of the Saints Tight ends and Tulloch.

Did anyone else see this or have I just lost what was left of my sanity?

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

January 9th, 2012, 3:39 pm
3rd Round Selection

Durant and Higgens were the two players penalised, for defensive holding and offensive pass interference.

It was 3-1 on the play before the penalty, and 3-1 after - so not quite the controversy of the 5 free yards that the refs gifted San Fransisco.

January 10th, 2012, 6:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4