View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Ron Paul to propose $1T in specific budget cuts
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Like I said, I like his policies, but he'll never get elected, and he comes across poorly in presence. Additionally, many of his ideas are too grandious to work (rash elimination of whole govt. agencies... I like it, but they'll likely have to be scaled back and slowly defunded).

If you vote like he will never get elected.... then he won't get elected.

I sincerely hope the Mormon doesn't win. He can't even be honest about his religion. Mormons are not Christian. But, they claim to be Christian.

Well Ron Paul isn't honest about his politics, he runs as a Republican despite being a Libertarian.

That being said, it takes someone out of the two party system to come up with real solutions to todays problems.

Ron Paul is not being dishonest about that. Everyone is fully aware that he is a Libertarian and he runs as a Republican because people are too afraid to vote for anyone other than a Republican or Democrat.

But, look at who has been in charge for the last 150+ years. Republicans and Democrats. Together they have both put the big green weenie to us. Libertarians have not had any power and are free from the guilt. If you want to fix America, we all need to throw the bums out and start voting either Libertarian or Constitution party.

January 14th, 2012, 10:43 am
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Like I said, I like his policies, but he'll never get elected, and he comes across poorly in presence. Additionally, many of his ideas are too grandious to work (rash elimination of whole govt. agencies... I like it, but they'll likely have to be scaled back and slowly defunded).

If you vote like he will never get elected.... then he won't get elected.

I sincerely hope the Mormon doesn't win. He can't even be honest about his religion. Mormons are not Christian. But, they claim to be Christian.

Billy, I don't like Ron Paul, why would I vote for him? If he GETS the nomination he will LOSE! He has his small cohort of supporters, but he will not garnish support from the main party, period. Even if he wins the nomination most Republicans will not head to the polls to vote for Ron Paul. He has some good ideas, founded on common sense, but the fact of the matter is that most of them are whole-sale changes that would be hard to implement, near impossible to get through Congress, and not likely to happen, ever.

I am not asking you vote for someone you don't like. The way you wrote your statement, it looked like you like Paul, but, won't vote for him because he has no chance.

So, by not voting for him on that b asis becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

January 14th, 2012, 10:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
Trust me, I'm not a fan of Mitt Romney, but I would vote for him over President Downgrade in a heartbeat. I wouldn't like it, but I would do it.

As for Ron Paul, I like many of his fiscal policies and wish more people would talk about cutting the size and scope of government as he does. In fact, I would take an even larger chainsaw to the federal budget than what Ron Paul is talking about. However, i can not and will not support all of his positions on foreign policy and national defense. It's basically Isolationism, which is very dangerous and reckless in today's ever expanding global economy. Allowing Iran to develop nuclear weapons or to close the Strait of Hormuz is not in our national security interests. Neither is allowing China to lay claim to the entire South China Sea. It's nothing more than the standard libtard, unicorn ranch, fantasyland nonsense, which isn't the least bit grounded upon reality. If we leave everyone else alone, does anyone seriously believe that they'll leave us alone? The real world doesn't work that way.

With that said, I don't disagree with all of Paul's foreign policy and national defense positions either. I've been saying for years that we no longer need tens of thousands of troops in Germany and Japan. We also don't need fully staffed bases in many other locations either. However, I firmly believe that we need partially manned or atleast basing rights throughout the globe to protect our national interests. We must maintain the ability to respond to any crisis as quickly as possible. Not doing so is foolish and irresponsible.

I can also mostly agree with him on the "nation building" crap. It never has nor never will be successful in backwards countries that don't share similar customs and values as our own. The Middle East isn't Europe or Japan following WW2, so any type of a Marshall Plan is doomed to failure. Just take out the terrorists and those that support them, then move on. No need to stay there for a decade or more.

I don't mind that he has isolationist beliefs. I don't think he will be able to enact anything to make his isolationist policies take effect. Everyone has warts. But, Ron Pauls warts are far smaller than any of the other guys warts.

January 14th, 2012, 10:59 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
Well Ron Paul isn't honest about his politics, he runs as a Republican despite being a Libertarian.

I don't see anything dishonest.

There is no set "Republican" ideology, nor has there ever been one.

Libertarianism has been a subset of the Republican party since the 1940s. Most of Ronald Reagan's rhetoric was Libertarian.

January 15th, 2012, 11:57 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

BillySims wrote:
I don't mind that he has isolationist beliefs. I don't think he will be able to enact anything to make his isolationist policies take effect. Everyone has warts. But, Ron Pauls warts are far smaller than any of the other guys warts.

No offense, but this is where the PaulBot ignorance shines through. Who is the Commander In Chief and has control of the military? The President. Just look at Obama, who violated the War Powers Act, to attack Libya without the consent of Congress. The President also has the ability not to act, even when our national interests are at stake.

Ron Paul says that we should not interfere with Iran. Let's say they shut down the Strait of Hormuz and gas goes up to $10 per gallon under President Paul. What would you say then? What if China takes over complete control of the South China Sea? What if Russia deploys missles to Cuba? What if the pirates from Somalia step up their attacks and shut down even more shipping? According to Ron Paul, this is none of our business, even though it is. Peace through strength, my friend. Peace through strength.

January 17th, 2012, 1:31 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. I have now found the perfect gift for Blueskies and Ron Paul fans everywhere:

http://ronpaulactionfigures.com/

January 26th, 2012, 9:11 pm
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. I have now found the perfect gift for Blueskies and Ron Paul fans everywhere:

http://ronpaulactionfigures.com/

That is AWESOME!
LOL :lol:

January 27th, 2012, 10:07 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I want one! Is there any accesories where you can make Guliani his bitch? lol

January 27th, 2012, 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3