View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 3:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy 
Author Message
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Blueskies wrote:
The debates don't determine the election.

Newt is lagging behind both Romney and Paul in hypothetical head-to-head match-ups with Obama. His electability argument doesn't hold.



BS... As SOON as Obama creams Paul or Romney in a debate their chances of getting elected will be shot. Romney can't even articulate a simple position without stuttering and making himself look wishy-washy... If last night's debates proved anything, it was that. Romney stands at the podium a pompous jackass that THINKS he is right, but can't really tell you why. Newt articulates himself in a decisive, straightforward manner, and he would do to Obama what Obama would do to Romney or Paul.

Don't tell Nixon that debates don't determine the election... This year more than ever the election is going to be issue/ideology driven. Newt resonates well with "main st" and he's the only candidate for "wall st." Obama's policies will kill the economy. Newt is the ONLY candidate that can beat Obama.


January 17th, 2012, 3:55 pm
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3029
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Sorry fellas, I just realized my earlier post today wasn't posted in the Santorum thread, could a mod move that for me please?

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


January 17th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2570
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Quote:
So who do you think started OWS then?

Elizabeth Warren, a diehard Marxist, who is running for the US Senate, and claiming that she started he movement?

How about the anarchist AdBusters from Canada who claim that they started it, as well?

It would be the wrong answer on both accounts.


A lot of people are going to take credit for starting OWS. Its like Al Gore with the Internet. It gives you massive props in certain political circles.

Anyway, lets just run with your argument. OK, OWS was started tactically by certain politicians on the left. So what? It has become a full-fledged movement. It spread like wildfire. Its growth and sustenance represents something tangible in the US: a strong sense that the system is no longer "fair." The Tea Party is a very similar movement in general emotional scope and appeal. Of course, you cannot see this fact, because you are blinded by typical partisan BS. Oh well.

Quote:
Newt is the ONLY candidate that can beat Obama.


So what. Will he represent real change? No. Newt is a typical politician who will walk down the center of the aisle and continue business as usual. I think things are very wrong in this country and the world. They will be revealed in time. I think many Americans believe that if we just change course by 1 degree, everything will be OK. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is the case. I think we need to undertake massive reforms and change much of what we are doing. Unfortunately, Newt doesn't offer that.

Metaphorically speaking, I see it like you're about to walk through a hurricane. If you go with Newt, you get an umbrella. If you go with Obama, no umbrella. Either way the difference is meaningless.


January 18th, 2012, 12:43 am
Profile
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
Newt is the ONLY candidate that can beat Obama.


So what. Will he represent real change? No. Newt is a typical politician who will walk down the center of the aisle and continue business as usual. I think things are very wrong in this country and the world. They will be revealed in time. I think many Americans believe that if we just change course by 1 degree, everything will be OK. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is the case. I think we need to undertake massive reforms and change much of what we are doing. Unfortunately, Newt doesn't offer that.

Metaphorically speaking, I see it like you're about to walk through a hurricane. If you go with Newt, you get an umbrella. If you go with Obama, no umbrella. Either way the difference is meaningless.


Bullsh!t Newt is the only Candidate to preside over a balanced budget, and he did so for four consecutive terms. That's something that he's committed to doing, and that in and of itself would be a HUGE upgrade. Secondly, Newt is committed to getting rid of Obama Care. If he does nothing more than those two things he will be our greatest President since Clinton.

But lets not stop there. Newt is also committed to reducing the size of government. He wants to entirely get rid of the U.S. Department of Education (which most agree is a good thing, including teachers), and he wants to re-vamp our tax structure, he wants to reduce the strength of the EPA.

You can argue that Newt is a small change in the right direction if you want to, but you can't argue that he isn't any different than Obama Care. Newt would take 10 trillion off of the books over the next 10 years, I'll take that as a first "small step."


January 18th, 2012, 5:53 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2570
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Quote:
Bullsh!t Newt is the only Candidate to preside over a balanced budget, and he did so for four consecutive terms.


Yeah, because the economy was booming like never before and capital gains were off the charts. Tax revenue was nuts--the budget wasn't balanced by curtailing the government (which is what we need now).

Quote:
Newt is committed to getting rid of Obama Care.


The insurance purchase mandate will be struck down by the Supreme Court. The rest of the law is too popular and will not be altered.

Quote:
He wants to entirely get rid of the U.S. Department of Education (which most agree is a good thing, including teachers),


Tell me what percentage of our budget is the Department of Education.

Quote:
and he wants to re-vamp our tax structure


As does everyone else running for president--including Obama.

Quote:
he wants to reduce the strength of the EPA.


Ron Paul wants to abolish the EPA.

Quote:
Newt would take 10 trillion off of the books over the next 10 years, I'll take that as a first "small step."


He will only be in office for--at most--8 years. How the hell can he promise to affect the budget after he leaves office? This is a good opportunity to address this bullshit.

Promising to reduce spending by $X amount over Y years is a joke. Its a complete joke and if you fall for it you are a fool. Its based on faulty projections (go look at what the CBO projected in 2006 for the year 2009--they were WAY off) . Its like if you were planning to run up $20,000 on your credit card next year but you're going to change your mind and only borrow $18,000. Its horrendously insulting to anyone who wants to cut government spending.

We need to cut spending now. Or pass concrete legislation that will ensure that it happens in the future (balanced budget amendment, etc). Anything other than that is lip service.

Anyway, back to why I started this topic in the first place: Newt's career record of hypocracy. The bottom line is, he say whatever, promise whatever--I don't know why anyone would believe it.

Newt Paid $60K to give speech praising PE, before he decided to attack it because it supports his campaign against Romney
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... -LY0K4.DTL

Newt's ex-wife gives "career-ending" interview:
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=588692


January 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9266
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Blueskies wrote:
Newt's ex-wife gives "career-ending" interview:
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=588692


Those X's will come back to haunt you.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 19th, 2012, 11:37 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9266
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
apparently he wanted an "open" marriage and told his then wife that he was having a long term affair with the woman who is now his 3rd wife.

His daughters sent this letter to ABC

Quote:
The failure of a marriage is a terrible and emotional experience for everyone involved. Anyone who has had that experience understands it is a personal tragedy filled with regrets, and sometimes differing memories of events.

We will not say anything negative about our father’s ex-wife. He has said before, privately and publicly, that he regrets any pain he may have caused in the past to people he loves.

ABC News or other campaigns may want to talk about the past, just days before an important primary election. But Newt is going to talk to the people of South Carolina about the future– about job creation, lower taxes, and about who can defeat Barack Obama by providing the sharpest contrast to his damaging, extreme liberalism. We are confident this is the conversation the people of South Carolina are interested in having.

Our father is running for President because of his grandchildren – so they can inherit the America he loves. To do that, President Obama must be defeated. And as the only candidate in the race, including Obama, who has actually helped balance the national budget, create jobs, reform welfare, and cut taxes and spending, Newt felt compelled to run - to serve his country and safeguard his grandchildren's future.


_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 19th, 2012, 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3058
Location: London, UK
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
I personally don't care all that much about the specifics of when/how he was not faithful to his wives. But, what I do care about/find incredibly hypocritical is the fact that Gingrich has made "family values" and marriage being between "1 man and 1 woman" a key issue or talking point in his campaign, while in his personal life he has not lived up to anything approaching those values. It's the classic politician "do as I say, not as I do" tactic.

I like a lot of what he has to say re:economics and fiscal policy, but his character leaves a lot to be desired.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.


January 19th, 2012, 2:14 pm
Profile
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:
Bullsh!t Newt is the only Candidate to preside over a balanced budget, and he did so for four consecutive terms.


Yeah, because the economy was booming like never before and capital gains were off the charts. Tax revenue was nuts--the budget wasn't balanced by curtailing the government (which is what we need now).

Quote:
Newt is committed to getting rid of Obama Care.


The insurance purchase mandate will be struck down by the Supreme Court. The rest of the law is too popular and will not be altered.

Quote:
He wants to entirely get rid of the U.S. Department of Education (which most agree is a good thing, including teachers),


Tell me what percentage of our budget is the Department of Education.

Quote:
and he wants to re-vamp our tax structure


As does everyone else running for president--including Obama.

Quote:
he wants to reduce the strength of the EPA.


Ron Paul wants to abolish the EPA.

Quote:
Newt would take 10 trillion off of the books over the next 10 years, I'll take that as a first "small step."


He will only be in office for--at most--8 years. How the hell can he promise to affect the budget after he leaves office? This is a good opportunity to address this bullshit.

Promising to reduce spending by $X amount over Y years is a joke. Its a complete joke and if you fall for it you are a fool. Its based on faulty projections (go look at what the CBO projected in 2006 for the year 2009--they were WAY off) . Its like if you were planning to run up $20,000 on your credit card next year but you're going to change your mind and only borrow $18,000. Its horrendously insulting to anyone who wants to cut government spending.

We need to cut spending now. Or pass concrete legislation that will ensure that it happens in the future (balanced budget amendment, etc). Anything other than that is lip service.

Anyway, back to why I started this topic in the first place: Newt's career record of hypocracy. The bottom line is, he say whatever, promise whatever--I don't know why anyone would believe it.

Newt Paid $60K to give speech praising PE, before he decided to attack it because it supports his campaign against Romney
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... -LY0K4.DTL

Newt's ex-wife gives "career-ending" interview:
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=588692


Who cares if Ron Paul wants to abolish the EPA, HE can't get elected. This is between Obama and Newt. Obama doesn't want to touch the EPA, or the Department of Education. He likes the strong central govt., Newt doesn't. The DoE is probably less than .01% of the Federal Budget, but that doesn't matter. It's a government agency that is screwing up EDUCATION. It is a net benefit for us to get rid of it, regardless of the cost savings, but there WILL be a cost savings. Further, its not just what the DoE costs the Fed. Gov., it's what the DoE costs the States to follow.

Newt has been campaigning to put a balanced budget bill in place NOW. He has been saying all along that we need to be accountable and these half hearted measures to have a balanced budget 10 years from now are ridiculous.

Who do you really think will reduce the size of govt. more and cut govt. spending more - Barak Obama, or Newt? The clear choice is Newt, Obama would bankrupt us if he had the chance.


January 19th, 2012, 3:57 pm
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3058
Location: London, UK
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Just saw this and it made me laugh

Image

Image

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.


January 19th, 2012, 9:35 pm
Profile
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
And Blue... I'd just like to add, that I'm not comfortable relying on the SCOTUS to strike down the mandate. I'd rather have an insurance policy in place that the bill will be repealed if the Sup Ct. falls through. I honestly think that Obama will bankrupt this Country if he's in office for another 4.


January 20th, 2012, 11:17 am
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3029
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
The problem with relying on SCOTUS is that you have activist judges like Kagan, who OPENLY supported Obamascare, and was bragging about the fact that it passed. There is an email sent by her to another staffer proving this point. That's BIAS right there, and she should NOT be allowed to hear the case because she can not hear, and decide in a just way.

Concerning Newt and his previous history, I am curious as to why the past mistakes of a person, real or imagined, are allowed to haunt them. It's the glass house and stones principle isn't it? Look who BO associated with, known criminals, activists, and communists, and yet he gets a pass, as if that were okay?

So the mistakes of a mans past such as his infidelities are allowed to discredit him, as if no one else has ever done anything that they are ashamed of, and wish had not had happened? Former President Clinton made $80 million dollars in speaking fees, and he was dropping more seed than a farmer and OPENLY lied about it IN OFFICE as the POTUS.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


January 20th, 2012, 12:22 pm
Profile
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
WarEr4Christ wrote:
The problem with relying on SCOTUS is that you have activist judges like Kagan, who OPENLY supported Obamascare, and was bragging about the fact that it passed. There is an email sent by her to another staffer proving this point. That's BIAS right there, and she should NOT be allowed to hear the case because she can not hear, and decide in a just way.

Concerning Newt and his previous history, I am curious as to why the past mistakes of a person, real or imagined, are allowed to haunt them. It's the glass house and stones principle isn't it? Look who BO associated with, known criminals, activists, and communists, and yet he gets a pass, as if that were okay?

So the mistakes of a mans past such as his infidelities are allowed to discredit him, as if no one else has ever done anything that they are ashamed of, and wish had not had happened? Former President Clinton made $80 million dollars in speaking fees, and he was dropping more seed than a farmer and OPENLY lied about it IN OFFICE as the POTUS.


I agree. What's worse is, HE HAS ALREADY ADMITTED THIS CRAP. It's nothing new, it's ancient history, and he seems to be a reformed man. Now, if someone came out and said, in his "I'm a cute cuddly old grandfather" state that he's CURRENTLY cheating on his wife, that may be a bigger issue, but that he cheated years ago, owned up to it, admitted it, got over it, and is now with a new wife, happily married, with Grandchildren should be a non-issue.


January 20th, 2012, 12:29 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
Once again, I loved how the libtard CNN moderator got NEWTERED during the debate with his "gotcha" question. Newt even did the same thing to Ann Curry on NBC's Today Show earlier in the day. It's about damn time that somebody in the GOP, other than Christie or Palin, calls the media out for their bias and agenda. It's beyond sickening that so many others allow them to get away with it.

Nothing in ABC's interview with Newt's ex is anything new. This was old news 14 years ago and Newt addressed it at the start of his campaign. If the media really wants to impress me, they ought to interview Larry Sinclair in primetime, but we all know that isn't going to happen. For those that say there isn't any proof (he said, he said allegations), where was the proof of Herman Cain's accusers? That didn't stop the lamestream media from reporting on them non stop over a couple of weeks, And now that Cain has dropped out of the race, not a peep about it from the media. The hypocrisy is absolutely ridiculous.

_________________
Image


January 20th, 2012, 1:38 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Newt Gingrich: Serial Hypocrisy
For those that didn't see it:


I think everyone knows that Newt picked up an endorsement from Rick Perry when he dropped out of the race and a quasi-endorsement from Sarah Palin. Those are huge, but there's another one that has flown under the radar - Jim Robinson of Free Republic. I'm a proud Freeper who respects JimRob's opinion, even though he was late joining the Newt Train. Regardless, his endorsement carries more weight than most people realize. Free Republic is the most active conservative message board on the planet and is in the top 100 of all websites in the country in terms of hits. More importantly, most of us Freepers are activists who will convince our family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. to support our candidate of choice. This kind of grassroots movement is more effective than most people know or have the ability to comprehend.

_________________
Image


January 20th, 2012, 7:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Touchdown Jesus and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.