View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 4:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Vladimir Guerrero Anyone? 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7376
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
With Victor Martinez out for the year, Any chance Dumbrowski pulls the trigger on signing him? He is still a FA.

Here's his career stats.

Vladimir Guerrero Age:37 Games:2147 Plate Appears:9059 At Bats:8155 Runs:1328 Hits:2590 2B:477 3B:46 HR:449 RBI:1496 SB:181 CS:94 BB:737 SO:985 BA:.318 OBP:.379 SLG:.553 OPS:.931 Positions Played: OF-RF-DH-CF


January 20th, 2012, 12:33 am
Profile
Online
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 778
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
BillySims wrote:
With Victor Martinez out for the year, Any chance Dumbrowski pulls the trigger on signing him? He is still a FA.

Here's his career stats.

Vladimir Guerrero Age:37 Games:2147 Plate Appears:9059 At Bats:8155 Runs:1328 Hits:2590 2B:477 3B:46 HR:449 RBI:1496 SB:181 CS:94 BB:737 SO:985 BA:.318 OBP:.379 SLG:.553 OPS:.931 Positions Played: OF-RF-DH-CF


no and no thank you. 38 next month and he had a horrible season last year in a very hitter friendly park. I think DD will make a move but it won't be from Vlad.


January 20th, 2012, 10:16 am
Profile
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
With Victor Martinez out for the year, Any chance Dumbrowski pulls the trigger on signing him? He is still a FA.

Here's his career stats.

Vladimir Guerrero Age:37 Games:2147 Plate Appears:9059 At Bats:8155 Runs:1328 Hits:2590 2B:477 3B:46 HR:449 RBI:1496 SB:181 CS:94 BB:737 SO:985 BA:.318 OBP:.379 SLG:.553 OPS:.931 Positions Played: OF-RF-DH-CF


no and no thank you. 38 next month and he had a horrible season last year in a very hitter friendly park. I think DD will make a move but it won't be from Vlad.



I'm in your boat. I'm not saying that DD won't sign him, but he shouldn't. DD does some things that shock me from time to time. I thought that re-signing Sheff was a mistake, even though some say that he "had" to because otherwise we gave up a ton just to rent him, but I don't mind renting someone and making a World Series appearance, even if it costs a lot of talent. Don't go throwing good money after bad - that's what we did with Sheff and that's what I think we would be doing if we made a play for Vlad.


January 20th, 2012, 11:15 am
Online
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10293
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
No thanks

Trade someone less than Andy Oliver for Carlos lee and houston paying all but 5-6 mil of his deal

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


January 20th, 2012, 12:23 pm
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: WSU
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
i thought pena would be a good replacement, similar numbers except batting avg to VMART but looks like Tampa Bay signed him


January 20th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7376
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
David Ortiz?

Just remember, we are only looking for a DH for 1 year.


January 21st, 2012, 9:53 am
Profile
Online
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 778
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
BillySims wrote:
David Ortiz?

Just remember, we are only looking for a DH for 1 year.


I didn't even know he was available.


January 21st, 2012, 11:20 am
Profile
Online
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 778
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
David Ortiz?

Just remember, we are only looking for a DH for 1 year.


I didn't even know he was available.


Yep he resigned with the Sox a little while ago.

I'd like them to go after Damon, he's the best free agent out there for the Tigers. He had a decent year last year and he's a left handed stick which we desperately need.


January 21st, 2012, 4:44 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7376
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
aManNamedSuh wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
David Ortiz?

Just remember, we are only looking for a DH for 1 year.


I didn't even know he was available.


Yep he resigned with the Sox a little while ago.

I'd like them to go after Damon, he's the best free agent out there for the Tigers. He had a decent year last year and he's a left handed stick which we desperately need.


And he sucked the last time he was a Tiger.

Unless Ortiz signed last night, he is still a FA.


January 22nd, 2012, 10:13 am
Profile
League MVP

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3637
Location: WSU
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
I disagree w re signing Damon though he was decent when we had him. He would be a decent top of the order bat w some speed and probably a one year contract but he doesnt help the defense problem very much. I think at this point, the Tigers need to really make up their minds about Cespedes and consider going all in if they feel strongly about him. He could play LF and let D Young mostly DH.


January 22nd, 2012, 10:33 am
Profile
Online
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 778
Post Re: Vladimir Guerrero Anyone?
BillySims wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:
David Ortiz?

Just remember, we are only looking for a DH for 1 year.


I didn't even know he was available.


Yep he resigned with the Sox a little while ago.

I'd like them to go after Damon, he's the best free agent out there for the Tigers. He had a decent year last year and he's a left handed stick which we desperately need.


And he sucked the last time he was a Tiger.

Unless Ortiz signed last night, he is still a FA.


He hasn't signed but he accepted arbitration, from my understanding by doing that he's not leaving the team.


January 22nd, 2012, 11:58 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.