View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 1:52 pm



Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pro Bowl 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Pro Bowl
regularjoe12 wrote:

I dunno..I would like to see a couple of our guys there if for no other reason than it would be good for recruiting free agents. Making buddies with a bro bowl CB free agent is nothing but a plus in my book.[/quote]

That is something I hadn't thought of, but I don't know that they have to be there as players to make that happen. Look at Drew Brees with Sproles. It didn't happen at the Pro Bowl, Brees recruited him when the two of them were working out together in the off-season. I would imagine the talk about where players may be interested in going has already started, even before the playoffs began.

And word has it that although he's not playing in the game, Calvin leased a private jet and is taking the entire receivers group with him to Hawaii this week. I'm sure they'll be talking to some of their buddies around the league about the team.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


January 26th, 2012, 10:17 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Pro Bowl
m2karateman wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I dunno..I would like to see a couple of our guys there if for no other reason than it would be good for recruiting free agents. Making buddies with a bro bowl CB free agent is nothing but a plus in my book.


That is something I hadn't thought of, but I don't know that they have to be there as players to make that happen. Look at Drew Brees with Sproles. It didn't happen at the Pro Bowl, Brees recruited him when the two of them were working out together in the off-season. I would imagine the talk about where players may be interested in going has already started, even before the playoffs began.

And word has it that although he's not playing in the game, Calvin leased a private jet and is taking the entire receivers group with him to Hawaii this week. I'm sure they'll be talking to some of their buddies around the league about the team.

WOW I didn't know Calvin was doing that! thats an awsome team builder! looks to me like he's wanting to stay here now!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


Last edited by regularjoe12 on January 26th, 2012, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.



January 26th, 2012, 10:52 am
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Pro Bowl
I think Eli is over-rated, and I think Stafford got a bad rap. The only reason Eli is in the Pro Bowl is because he made it before, he's a Manning, he plays for the Giants, he won a Super Bowl, and he threw for a lot of yards this year, which was a career record for him.

Cam was 1st alt because nobody expected much of him, and he vastly exceeded expectations, thus giving him a TON of air time on TV and radio. Cam Newtons name was heard weekly.

Stafford got a bad rap because all the focus was on CJ. CJ this and CJ that. I hardly ever heard of Stafford the entire season. No publicity, but he was EASILY a top 3 QB in the NFC. He didn't even have a running game to take the pressure off of him. Very sad and pathetic that he's not in the Pro Bowl.

That said, I watch the Pro Bowl each and every year. I watch all the Pre-Season games too. I watch ALL games in the regular season, even games where the teams are already eliminated from the playoffs. I just love football, and digest every minute of it. Just because I watch it, doesn't mean I agree with the voting though.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


January 26th, 2012, 10:54 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Pro Bowl
49ers wrote:
I think Eli is over-rated, and I think Stafford got a bad rap. The only reason Eli is in the Pro Bowl is because he made it before, he's a Manning, he plays for the Giants, he won a Super Bowl, and he threw for a lot of yards this year, which was a career record for him.

Cam was 1st alt because nobody expected much of him, and he vastly exceeded expectations, thus giving him a TON of air time on TV and radio. Cam Newtons name was heard weekly.

Stafford got a bad rap because all the focus was on CJ. CJ this and CJ that. I hardly ever heard of Stafford the entire season. No publicity, but he was EASILY a top 3 QB in the NFC. He didn't even have a running game to take the pressure off of him. Very sad and pathetic that he's not in the Pro Bowl.

That said, I watch the Pro Bowl each and every year. I watch all the Pre-Season games too. I watch ALL games in the regular season, even games where the teams are already eliminated from the playoffs. I just love football, and digest every minute of it. Just because I watch it, doesn't mean I agree with the voting though.


I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with the 9ers fan's last paragraph. :)

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


January 26th, 2012, 11:36 am
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Pro Bowl
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with the 9ers fan's last paragraph. :)

Well most things I write are either pro-49ers or neutral about the Lions, neither of which you are so that's why there are disagreements.

PS - you don't agree with all the other stuff I said about the Lions? Weird.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


January 26th, 2012, 12:37 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Pro Bowl
49ers wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with the 9ers fan's last paragraph. :)

Well most things I write are either pro-49ers or neutral about the Lions, neither of which you are so that's why there are disagreements.

PS - you don't agree with all the other stuff I said about the Lions? Weird.


Common we were rooting for an 0-16 team! weird is our M.O. :wink:

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


January 26th, 2012, 12:58 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Pro Bowl
49ers wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with the 9ers fan's last paragraph. :)

Well most things I write are either pro-49ers or neutral about the Lions, neither of which you are so that's why there are disagreements.

PS - you don't agree with all the other stuff I said about the Lions? Weird.


Last paragraph only?

I agree with everything he said.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


January 26th, 2012, 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Pro Bowl
Regularjoe12, here's the story:
Detroit Free Press wrote:
Calvin Johnson takes fellow Lions WRs to Hawaii to say thanks
5:08 PM, January 24, 2012 | By Dave Birkett

A sore Achilles tendon will keep Calvin Johnson out of the Pro Bowl on Sunday, but the Detroit Lions' All-Pro receiver still is headed to the islands -- and he’s bringing some of his teammates with him.

Johnson took the Lions’ entire receiving corps to Hawaii to say thanks for the support they gave him this year, when he set career highs with 96 catches and 16 touchdowns and led the NFL with 1,681 receiving yards.

The group includes regulars Nate Burleson, Stefan Logan and Maurice Stovall and practice-squad receivers Marcus Harris and Nate Hughes, among others. Logan tweeted that the group was flying out of Los Angeles via private jet today.

Johnson is entering the final year of his rookie contract. and the Lions are expected to begin work on a new deal that will make him the highest-paid receiver in the NFL this off-season.

“If something happens, it happens,” Johnson said after the season. “Like I said, I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about going home right now and resting up, letting my body heal up.”

With Johnson out because of his injury, the Lions do not have anyone playing in Sunday’s Pro Bowl.


http://www.freep.com/article/20120124/SPORTS01/120124059/calvin-johnson-detroit-lions-hawaii

I didn't see Titus Young mentioned in the story, but I would think that he got invited to.

_________________
Image


January 26th, 2012, 1:54 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Pro Bowl
That's a good sign actually, means CJ will want to stay in Detroit.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


January 26th, 2012, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Pro Bowl
Lions2SB2 wrote:
That's a good sign actually, means CJ will want to stay in Detroit.


I think you're right.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 26th, 2012, 2:54 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Pro Bowl
Lions2SB2 wrote:
49ers wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with the 9ers fan's last paragraph. :)

Well most things I write are either pro-49ers or neutral about the Lions, neither of which you are so that's why there are disagreements.

PS - you don't agree with all the other stuff I said about the Lions? Weird.


Last paragraph only?

I agree with everything he said.


Not just the last one.. but the last one was the one that I don't hear a lot of people say... so I specifically mentioned that one for that reason.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


January 26th, 2012, 5:00 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7555
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Pro Bowl
slybri19 wrote:
Regularjoe12, here's the story:
Detroit Free Press wrote:
Calvin Johnson takes fellow Lions WRs to Hawaii to say thanks
5:08 PM, January 24, 2012 | By Dave Birkett

A sore Achilles tendon will keep Calvin Johnson out of the Pro Bowl on Sunday, but the Detroit Lions' All-Pro receiver still is headed to the islands -- and he’s bringing some of his teammates with him.

Johnson took the Lions’ entire receiving corps to Hawaii to say thanks for the support they gave him this year, when he set career highs with 96 catches and 16 touchdowns and led the NFL with 1,681 receiving yards.

The group includes regulars Nate Burleson, Stefan Logan and Maurice Stovall and practice-squad receivers Marcus Harris and Nate Hughes, among others. Logan tweeted that the group was flying out of Los Angeles via private jet today.

Johnson is entering the final year of his rookie contract. and the Lions are expected to begin work on a new deal that will make him the highest-paid receiver in the NFL this off-season.

“If something happens, it happens,” Johnson said after the season. “Like I said, I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about going home right now and resting up, letting my body heal up.”

With Johnson out because of his injury, the Lions do not have anyone playing in Sunday’s Pro Bowl.


http://www.freep.com/article/20120124/SPORTS01/120124059/calvin-johnson-detroit-lions-hawaii

I didn't see Titus Young mentioned in the story, but I would think that he got invited to.



With Johnson out because of his injury, the Lions do not have anyone playing in Sunday’s Pro Bowl.


I personally hope that there aren't any Lions playing in next years Pro Bowl, because, they will be in the Super Bowl :!: LOL.


January 26th, 2012, 5:49 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Pro Bowl
Boy, "Pro-Bowl worthy Cam Newton" sure tore it up last night. :roll:

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


January 30th, 2012, 9:43 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3910
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Pro Bowl
hell yeah he did. it was a cometative game untill he steppped in and threw a bunch of balls to the wrong guys. pretty sad really, considering the D was 1/2 assin it all game.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


January 30th, 2012, 10:11 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Pro Bowl
Good job Newton =D>

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


January 30th, 2012, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayDreamer, devildog, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.