View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Division Round Games 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Division Round Games
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
ok how bout this reference: Chris Webber. Bleww the NCAA chempionship game by calling a time out that Michigan didn't have..No death threa

And millen should count. while he wasnt a player he did take a team that was a missed field goal away from the p,layoffs to the WORST team in sports history. theres a ton of hate for that guy around here.

How bout Ron Artest. Dude started a fight with a random fan in Detroit durring a game! no death threats.

How many more examples do you need before you figure out detroit sports fans have no reputation whatsoever of violence.

and in an interview I saw with Joyce, and he said that the people of detroit were pretty forgiving with him. That doesn't sound like he recieved any death threats to me...

Seriously? It's well documented that the Fab 5 did indeed get death threats from Michigan alums. That's not necessarily detroit, but it is most likely someone from Michigan.

As for Artest, I haven't seen anywhere that death threats were made. But someone did call in a bomb threat against his team's locker room the next time Artest came to Detroit. Is that so much better?

Here's another example: Joey Harrington was quoted in the Detroit Free Press saying that he got death threats when he was in Detroit and had to pull his parents out of the stands because people tried to fight his mother.

So while Detroit fans may not have made as many death threats, they did make some. Plus they made bomb threats, and like I said, both are the same effect. A threat of something that will kill a person. It happens because there are idiots everywhere. Detroit is no exception.

Wow I feel like a total bubble boy....I havn't heard of any of that...

January 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
ok how bout this reference: Chris Webber. Bleww the NCAA chempionship game by calling a time out that Michigan didn't have..No death threa

And millen should count. while he wasnt a player he did take a team that was a missed field goal away from the p,layoffs to the WORST team in sports history. theres a ton of hate for that guy around here.

How bout Ron Artest. Dude started a fight with a random fan in Detroit durring a game! no death threats.

How many more examples do you need before you figure out detroit sports fans have no reputation whatsoever of violence.

and in an interview I saw with Joyce, and he said that the people of detroit were pretty forgiving with him. That doesn't sound like he recieved any death threats to me...

Seriously? It's well documented that the Fab 5 did indeed get death threats from Michigan alums. That's not necessarily detroit, but it is most likely someone from Michigan.

As for Artest, I haven't seen anywhere that death threats were made. But someone did call in a bomb threat against his team's locker room the next time Artest came to Detroit. Is that so much better?

Here's another example: Joey Harrington was quoted in the Detroit Free Press saying that he got death threats when he was in Detroit and had to pull his parents out of the stands because people tried to fight his mother.

So while Detroit fans may not have made as many death threats, they did make some. Plus they made bomb threats, and like I said, both are the same effect. A threat of something that will kill a person. It happens because there are idiots everywhere. Detroit is no exception.

Joey Harrington was a pussy. If he got a death threat he wouldn't show up. I have never heard that before, and I don't buy it.

College sports is a whole new animal, and IMO exists outside the realm of "Detroit Sports." East Lansing is notorious for rioting (even though they have been good lately), Detroit isn't.

Here's another one... No one guarded Robert Horry to hit his "big three pointer" that cost Detroit a Championship - not a shot at playing in the finals, it actually cost us a championship. I think he was Rasheed's responsibility at the time, no one threatened him.

Also, I'm pretty certain that the Wing's have had a goalie that blew it in a game 7 somewhere down the line to cost us a Cup. I know Tim Chevelde was a TERRIBLE problem in Detroit for years, and he never got death threats.

January 26th, 2012, 2:25 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Joey Harrington was a pussy. If he got a death threat he wouldn't show up. I have never heard that before, and I don't buy it.

College sports is a whole new animal, and IMO exists outside the realm of "Detroit Sports." East Lansing is notorious for rioting (even though they have been good lately), Detroit isn't.

You can choose not to believe it if you want. Here's a link to the article from the freep:

http://www.freep.com/article/20070815/SPORTS01/308150001/Joey-Harrington-Detroit-fans-tried-start-fights-mom

I for one do believe it. Like I said before, it happens everywhere. And whether you think Harrington was a pussy or not is irrelevant. I'll just say that I doubt anyone here could take the type of hits that Joey did and keep getting back up (which he did).

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 26th, 2012, 2:29 pm
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

You can choose not to believe it if you want. Here's a link to the article from the freep:

http://www.freep.com/article/20070815/SPORTS01/308150001/Joey-Harrington-Detroit-fans-tried-start-fights-mom

I for one do believe it. Like I said before, it happens everywhere. And whether you think Harrington was a pussy or not is irrelevant. I'll just say that I doubt anyone here could take the type of hits that Joey did and keep getting back up (which he did).

I'm just surprised that it was never reported while he was here, and it finally came out two years later. He obviously didn't take them seriously.

As for his Mom being in the stands... That's a tough gig, but either don't bring them, or they have to deal with it. They always have the option of sitting there, not identifying themselves as JH's Mom, and shutting up when they hear criticism, but it doesn't sound like she did that... I highly doubt someone pointed her out from a crowd, with ambiguous clothes on, and said "hey b!tch, I'm going to kill you, your Son sucks."

I've sat in player seats complaining about Morgan Trent with his Mom, Dad, and two sisters two rows in front of me. They all had on Trent jerseys, but I wasn't going to keep quiet as a fan. He fumbled twice and couldn't cover for beans. As a fan I'm going to voice my opinion. As their family member they have the right to voice theirs, but they have to be prepared for the criticism that comes with it.

January 26th, 2012, 2:53 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Oops

Quote:
Report: Lions fan admits to bomb threats to Superdome during playoff game
January 28, 2012 | Comments
http://www.freep.com/article/20120128/S ... 9/sports01

By Kirkland Crawford

Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

The Lions dropped their first playoff game in 12 seasons and at least one man took things a little too hard.

A Jackson man, who coincidentally shares the name of the New Orleans Saints head coach, admitted to calling in a bomb threat and another hostile phone call to the Superdome during the Lions' loss on Jan. 7, according to the Times-Picayune.

Shawn Payton, 34, admitted to an FBI agent on Monday that he indeed made at least two phone calls as the game was getting away from Detroit. When Jimmy Graham scored a touchdown to put the Saints up by 10, a man called the Superdome and said "I will blow your building up," according to an affidavit filed in federal court. About an hour later, another message was left, saying: "Hi, I want ot relay a message to the sideline. If your stupid Southern team keeps winning, there will be reper ... severe consequences. OK?"

The FBI traced the phone called back to Payton, but the affidavit says the caller did not mean any harm and that he has some personal problems.

The story says Payton is wanted by the FBI, but was not clear if he has been arrested.

The Times-Picayune was able to reach Payton for comment and he said that between his near-fatal car accident three years ago and his custody battle with his daughter's mother in Alabama, he's long-past frustrated.

"I don't drink, and I don't do drugs. From time to time, I do get frustrated and go off without meaning it," he said. "I let some words fly out of my mouth, and I sincerely apologize. I will never ever, ever, ever do anything like that again."

Payton, not to be confused with Saints coach Sean Payton, said taking the steps to seek counseling.

January 28th, 2012, 11:03 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Wow...

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 28th, 2012, 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Like I said, there are crazies everywhere.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 28th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Varsity Captain

Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Yup. That make us awesome people look bad. :nerd:

January 29th, 2012, 4:20 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49ers wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Yup. That make us awesome people look bad. :nerd:

Well you're still not awesome, you are a 49ers fan :wink: just messing with you. 8)

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 29th, 2012, 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4