View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 O-line draft hypothetical... 

Lions draft Peter Konz and Cordy Glynn in the first and 2nd round are you...?
Happy 100%  100%  [ 14 ]
Mad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

O-line draft hypothetical... 
Peewee Leaguer

Post O-line draft hypothetical...
Would you be happy or mad if the Lions drafted Peter Konz and Cordy Glynn in the first and 2nd round?

January 28th, 2012, 2:15 am
Peewee Leaguer

Post Re: O-line draft hypothetical...
looking past glaring holes on the defense and attempting to rework the offensive line is more than fine by me...

January 28th, 2012, 2:16 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

as long as we dont draft a QB, K,P, Wr, or George Chuvalo in the first 2 rounds I'll be happy

January 28th, 2012, 2:34 am
Team MVP

Happy? I'd be freakin crying I'd be so happy. I bet ya stafford would be too!

I don't see it happening though. Matter of fact, as badly as I want Konz, I have a gut feeling they won't draft him if he's available.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 28th, 2012, 3:08 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The likelihood they would have the opportunity is so minute that I am indifferent to the idea. Konz and Glenn will both either go right around the Lions' pick, a little before or after. A more reasonable scenario might be Konz in the 1st and Zeitler in the 2nd round (even he might be gone), or Glenn in the 1st round and Jones in the 3rd round. In both of those scenarios you would get two guys that are already accustomed to lining up next together on the line.

January 28th, 2012, 6:38 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

sweetd20 wrote:
The likelihood they would have the opportunity is so minute that I am indifferent to the idea. Konz and Glenn will both either go right around the Lions' pick, a little before or after. A more reasonable scenario might be Konz in the 1st and Zeitler in the 2nd round (even he might be gone), or Glenn in the 1st round and Jones in the 3rd round. In both of those scenarios you would get two guys that are already accustomed to lining up next together on the line.

Agree, they both won't be available, unless Konz falls along way. Glenn has probably been the most impressive lineman in Mobile this week. His ability to play guard and tackle, at a very high level will only increase his worth. He's been basically stonewalling all comers in Senior bowl practices. The kid is huge (6-5 345), yet still has great footwork. I expect his stock to rise, and doubt he will be there at 23.

January 28th, 2012, 9:49 am
Hall of Fame Player

I hope we draft nothing but O-linemen. Maybe next year, we can actually fix the defense after we lose 8 games because we can't stop a granny defensively. Sure, we have a great D-line. But, the rest of the defense stinks and Offenses can compensate for the D-line.

January 28th, 2012, 11:37 am
RIP Killer

I'd be happy, but I agree with the notion that it simply won't happen, unless the Lions take Glenn in the first round and Konz falls into round two and the Lions move up to get him.

Since I don't have NFL Network, I haven't been able to watch the practices. I have been gaining my information from a cross section of different scout and analyst reports to see what the most consistent opinions on players have been. This is my understanding:

Quinton Coples has dominated and will be a top ten pick, in all likelihood.

Zach Brown has been the best linebacker on the field for either squad, and is not just a good athlete that plays football.

Janoris Jenkins seems better suited to man coverage and is physical, but if the receiver gets past him he struggles.

Keleche Osemele is definitely an offensive guard in the NFL, and still needs to be coached up some, but can be a good player.

Mike Brewster is worthless and may have been the worst offensive lineman at the practices the whole week.

Cordy Glenn has looked really good, and may have earned himself a top twenty pick.

Mike Adams is inconsistent, playing like an All Pro on one play, and then getting owned the next.

Courtney Upshaw may be better suited to play DE in a 43 than OLB in a 34, but has displayed enough that any team that takes him has got themselves a good football player. Probably a top twenty pick, possibly top ten.

Doug Martin could be the best RB at the Senior Bowl, and would be a solid second round pick for any team.

Audie Cole is a solid ILB, and may have earned himself a late first to early second round grade for his ability to take coaching alone.

Vinny Curry has struggled and may have pushed his draft stock into the late second to third round.

Kirk Cousins seems to be the best QB out there for either squad, but Brandon Weeden wasn't far behind.

Kevin Zeitler is an honest to God mauler, and if he improves his strength and technique could be a future Pro Bowl guard in the NFL.

Mike Martin is built like a body builder, and uses that strength to his advantage, but is still lacking in other areas.

Melvin Graham should be drafted as a pure DE and would be mediocre as a 34 OLB.

Chris Polk hasn't looked good most of the week, and may have pushed himself down into a 3rd round grade.

Zebrie Sanders is not a first round talent, but should go mid to late second round.

Another thing to point out. While the Lions may very much like to add Mark Barron in round one at safety, they may want to consider Markelle Martin if he's there in round two. It sounds like the guy is pretty good, hits hard but also tackles well. Keep that name in mind come Combines and draft time.

Brandon Boykin and Dwight "Bill" Bentley have looked pretty good and have taken coaching well. Either could be second or third day steals for a team in need of a cornerback.

January 28th, 2012, 2:21 pm
Team MVP

Good summary M2.

I think the good thing with Glenn doing so well is for those of us including myself who want Konz, that could make it more likely he falls to us. Heck, if we ended up with Glenn and not Konz, I wouldnt be disappointed either.

Now, even though its a very slim chance this happens, but if Upshaw fell to the Lions, you almost have to take him. But, that shouldnt even be a discussion because theres no way he makes it past #16 at the latest.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 28th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Varsity Captain

Boykin suffered a broken leg and will likely have surgery. Will this drop his stock?

January 28th, 2012, 11:06 pm
Team MVP

Boz wrote:
Boykin suffered a broken leg and will likely have surgery. Will this drop his stock?

I would say no doubt about it.

January 29th, 2012, 12:29 am
League MVP

i disagree with Zach Brown one liner you had - he looks very fast but he s not a good football player - slow to read plays and always takes the path of least resistance. he looks too light to make an impact as a passrusher and doesnt seem to use his hands all that well. great athlete but more of a project than what should be expected with a 1st rd pick. even during the actual game he got beat on a deep pass by a fullback and was a half second slower than the other LBs in his reaction time

January 29th, 2012, 11:36 am
League MVP

melvin graham? u mean ingram right?

January 29th, 2012, 11:38 am
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
Boz wrote:

I would say no doubt about it.

Hopefully he'll fall to us later in the draft and if he gets a clean bill of health, he could be a steal.

January 29th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
i disagree with Zach Brown one liner you had - he looks very fast but he s not a good football player - slow to read plays and always takes the path of least resistance. he looks too light to make an impact as a passrusher and doesnt seem to use his hands all that well. great athlete but more of a project than what should be expected with a 1st rd pick. even during the actual game he got beat on a deep pass by a fullback and was a half second slower than the other LBs in his reaction time

Im with you on this Legend. The times I've seen him play, he doesnt stand out as an impact player. Would he really be an upgrade over Levy or any other starting LB we have?

January 29th, 2012, 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next