View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 What happened to the Pistons??? 
RIP Killer

Post Re: What happened to the Pistons???
Watched them for the first time last night since they played the Mavericks, WOW the stones are awful!

January 12th, 2012, 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

If anyone read that post last night before the Milwaukee game and took the over, kudos to you.

Monroe had 32 points and 16 rebounds last night. That's damn impressive, I don't care who you're playing. I think he's going to be a good player, and Brandon Knight will be as well, but he's going to need some more seasoning. Everyone else, outside of maybe Jerebko and Daye (who I hate) can go; they're all the Pistons have to build around. Gordon, Villanueva, Stuckey, Prince, Wilkins, Wallace, Maxiell are all garbage and have no real trade value. Gordon and Prince maybe to a contender, but they're not starters for a contender, and their contract situations sure make them tough to move. Way to go Joe! You ran this one into the ground.

January 13th, 2012, 10:27 am
Veteran General Manager

You have to also consider that Joe's hands were somewhat tied as to what he could do after Bill Davidson died.

January 14th, 2012, 10:35 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
This team is straight brutal.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

January 25th, 2012, 1:57 am
Profile WWW
BillySims wrote:
You have to also consider that Joe's hands were somewhat tied as to what he could do after Bill Davidson died.

Joe has been a joke since he re-signed Chauncy.

January 25th, 2012, 3:24 am
League MVP

re signing chauncey was the right move but trading him was the start of this problem. joe needed to change the formula but traded the wrong player for the worst possible player

January 30th, 2012, 6:39 pm
The Legend wrote:
re signing chauncey was the right move but trading him was the start of this problem. joe needed to change the formula but traded the wrong player for the worst possible player

Chauncy quit on the Pistons. He needed a change of scenery. That team needed to be blown up after we lost to the Spurs in the finals. They played emotionless, heartless ball, the whole time "knowing" that they were the better team. That was enough for them, which is ridiculous. Rip and Sheed felt "entitled" and Chauncy thought that he was so great that he didn't need to prove anything to anyone else.

January 31st, 2012, 4:02 pm
League MVP

never knew it was so easy to get to the conference finals 6 years in a row. thanks for your insight

January 31st, 2012, 6:08 pm
RIP Killer

That grip of guys acted like they were the red wings, where hey could half rectum it for 3 quarters and still be in the game, then turn it on in the 4th and win the game without much effort

January 31st, 2012, 10:21 pm
The Legend wrote:
never knew it was so easy to get to the conference finals 6 years in a row. thanks for your insight

I never said it was "easy," but if there was a 6 year period in the NBA where it was "easy" it would have been then. There really wasn't a powerhouse team in the East that could compete. There was no Miami, or Chicago back then.

What I did say was that Chauncy quit on the team, and he did. Look at his interviews from that time period. Listen to his words and look at his body language from the finals the year before we re-signed him. Look at his performance AFTER landing that huge contract. Look at Sheed and Rip crying about fouls and TALKING about how good they are without proving it on the field. That group of guys (not a team, group of guys) was acting like a bunch of malcontent rejects. They weren't a team and changes needed to be made. Looking back it is undeniable, but I stated it over and over in the midst of it.

February 1st, 2012, 2:49 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
wjb21ndtown wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I never said it was "easy," but if there was a 6 year period in the NBA where it was "easy" it would have been then. There really wasn't a powerhouse team in the East that could compete. There was no Miami, or Chicago back then.

What I did say was that Chauncy quit on the team, and he did. Look at his interviews from that time period. Listen to his words and look at his body language from the finals the year before we re-signed him. Look at his performance AFTER landing that huge contract. Look at Sheed and Rip crying about fouls and TALKING about how good they are without proving it on the field. That group of guys (not a team, group of guys) was acting like a bunch of malcontent rejects. They weren't a team and changes needed to be made. Looking back it is undeniable, but I stated it over and over in the midst of it.

He says it best, back in the days where you had Prince, Chauncy, Wallace, etc.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

February 3rd, 2012, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5