View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts.
Just thought we should have a thread for all the Mocks.

Here is a video mock draft from Football Gameplan. He does a new mock every month up to the draft. He goes by his perceived biggest team need not BPA.

WJB will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3aZ3SNueAM

January 26th, 2012, 6:32 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Various 2012 NFL Mock drafts.
:shock:

I just looked at WalterFootball.coms 2013 Mock draft. They have the Lions picking #31 overall. And Taking a Center from USC.

Lions vs. Steelers Super Bowl next year. You read it here first. LOL.

But, then again, they Have us taking Kontz at #23 this year.

I doubt we take a Center in the 1st round 2 years in a row. But, what do I know? We took a WR in thew 1st three years in a row. A DT in the 1st Two years in a row. So, who knows. It could happen.

January 26th, 2012, 9:24 pm
RIP Killer

good idea on putting the mocks in a dedicated thread....I thought we already had that though....

http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15140Anyways....the latest from Draft Tek shows the Lions picking thus:

Rd 1 - OT Mike Adams, Ohio State
Rd 2 - OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
Rd 3 - OC Mike Brewster, Ohio State
Rd 4 - DE Trevor Guyton, California
Rd 5 - LB Terrell Manning, North Carolina State
Rd 6 - QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin

Personally, I wouldn't mind the first two picks. Adams and Zeitler had very good weeks at the Senior Bowl. However Brewster was pushed around all week and was basically a non-factor in getting push in the running game, even against the lesser named opponents on the defense. I want no part of him.

The rest? Well, getting a DE and LB would be OK, but I'd rather get the LB sooner than later, if possible. Not one corner, not one safety....that's what I'm not liking.

January 27th, 2012, 2:22 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

New National Football Post Mock:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Moc ... tml&page=2

Lions take Glenn.

January 30th, 2012, 12:39 pm
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
New National Football Post Mock:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Moc ... tml&page=2

Lions take Glenn.

Just saw that. Wouldnt be upset with that pick. That is, unless Konz was still on the board.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 30th, 2012, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

Konz or Glenn would be fine with me. I'd prefer Konz because of my desire to get Raiola replaced next year, and Peterman this year. But Glenn being drafted would allow us to throw Gosder out the door, or at least have him compete against Peterman. Glenn might even be a future LT and allow us to part ways with Backus in the near future.

Despite my intense desire to improve the defense, making the offensive line better isn't a bad way to go, particularly if you have players of quality available in round one at the position. Right about now, the only player I would take above either Konz or Glenn may be Mark Barron if he's still on the board. But as we get closer to the draft, I see his name going up and up and up in mock drafts.

January 30th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Konz or Glenn would be fine with me. I'd prefer Konz because of my desire to get Raiola replaced next year, and Peterman this year. But Glenn being drafted would allow us to throw Gosder out the door, or at least have him compete against Peterman. Glenn might even be a future LT and allow us to part ways with Backus in the near future.

Despite my intense desire to improve the defense, making the offensive line better isn't a bad way to go, particularly if you have players of quality available in round one at the position. Right about now, the only player I would take above either Konz or Glenn may be Mark Barron if he's still on the board. But as we get closer to the draft, I see his name going up and up and up in mock drafts.

Like Ive said before, M2- I think you and I have the exact same thoughts on who we want the Lions to take.

The only thing I notice about Cordy Glenn, and this is only when I watched him play tackle, is that he sometimes seems slow off the snap. Luckily, the times I saw him do this he was able to make up for it, but can he do that in the NFL? Watching his pass blocking SOMEWHAT concerns me with speed rushers off the edge. But like I said, this is only when I watched him at LT.

What I noticed though is when he locks on, it is game over. He definetly uses his size to his advantage. I think he can handle the LT position, but think he could make the most improvement to our line by either playing RT or RG. Which is why I think it may be smarter to resign Backus, and draft Glenn to play RG or RT, or draft Konz to take RG and be our future for Center.

It just sucks that we have needs at LT, C, RG, and RT. It might be the smarter move to resign Backus and try and upgrade one of the 3 other spots. Just my two cents.

With that said, once again, Konz or Glenn would be very good.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 30th, 2012, 9:41 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Like Ive said before, M2- I think you and I have the exact same thoughts on who we want the Lions to take.

The only thing I notice about Cordy Glenn, and this is only when I watched him play tackle, is that he sometimes seems slow off the snap. Luckily, the times I saw him do this he was able to make up for it, but can he do that in the NFL? Watching his pass blocking SOMEWHAT concerns me with speed rushers off the edge. But like I said, this is only when I watched him at LT.

What I noticed though is when he locks on, it is game over. He definetly uses his size to his advantage. I think he can handle the LT position, but think he could make the most improvement to our line by either playing RT or RG. Which is why I think it may be smarter to resign Backus, and draft Glenn to play RG or RT, or draft Konz to take RG and be our future for Center.

It just sucks that we have needs at LT, C, RG, and RT. It might be the smarter move to resign Backus and try and upgrade one of the 3 other spots. Just my two cents.

With that said, once again, Konz or Glenn would be very good.

I'd have no problem with the Lions re-signing Backus to a 2 or 3 year deal, as long as it's not for premium bucks. There is scuttlebutt that the Lions will make a run at Jared Gaither as well. That's fine too, as long as he isn't asking for the moon and the stars. Sign both? That might stretch the cap situation too much. But I'd be happy with it if they signed those two with the intentions of dumping Gos and Peterman as a result.

February 1st, 2012, 12:19 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I see Glenn as being an Andre Smith type of player. He doesn't strike me as an NFL LT, maybe a RT or OG. I'm just not as sold on him as some of the other posters.

Walter Football had the Leo's taking Mike Adams in his update today. I'd be ok with this, as I think it's a definite position of need. I have no faith Fox can stay healthy.

February 1st, 2012, 11:49 am
Team MVP

Wayne Fontes wrote:
I see Glenn as being an Andre Smith type of player. He doesn't strike me as an NFL LT, maybe a RT or OG. I'm just not as sold on him as some of the other posters.

Walter Football had the Leo's taking Mike Adams in his update today. I'd be ok with this, as I think it's a definite position of need. I have no faith Fox can stay healthy.

I understand your point about Glenn, but at least Glenn is more mature and most likely a harder worker than smith. That was smiths biggest question marks were his maturity and work ethic.

I can't quite comment on mike Adams yet as I'm still watching the senior bowl on DVR and studying some of the lineman.

February 1st, 2012, 2:35 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Wayne Fontes wrote:

You don't like Glenn. But, you Like Adams? Glenn shinned all week at the Senior Bowl. Adams stunk.

What am I missing here? I just don't get the infatuation some people have with Adams. He will never be any better than Gosder Cherilus. He is a waist bender with bad feet and no punch.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:31 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't like Glenn at OT. If they draft him I'd rather have him at RG. I like Adams better at OT then Glenn, that's all.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:46 am
RIP Killer

couple things to cover:

Mike Adams - Adams didn't "stink" at the Senior Bowl practices, he was just not that consistent. The fact that in the game he was able to effectively stonewall Quinton Coples should help his stock somewhat. Most scouts agree that Adams has first round, LT ability. He just isn't the complete technician that some of the higher rated prospects are. If he ever puts it all together, he could be a steal as a late first round pick.

Cordy Glenn - comparing him to Andre Smith is ludicrous, in my opinion. Glenn is bulky, but has MUCH better feet than Andre Smith ever did. He is also in much better shape. I can still recall the video of Andre Smith running the forty. OMG was that guy sloppy fat. Glenn is more solid than sloppy, and wouldn't be my first choice as a LT, but at least has the ability to serve at that position if needed due to injury to the regular starter. If Glenn were drafted by the Lions, it would be to replace either Peterman or Cherilus, no doubt. But if they did draft him, and the Lions lost Backus in FA and didn't get another one signed, Glenn would be the default choice at LT, unless Jason Fox makes a recovery and can stay healthy. Not convinced that will happen.

February 2nd, 2012, 11:33 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
couple things to cover:

Mike Adams - Adams didn't "stink" at the Senior Bowl practices, he was just not that consistent. The fact that in the game he was able to effectively stonewall Quinton Coples should help his stock somewhat. Most scouts agree that Adams has first round, LT ability. He just isn't the complete technician that some of the higher rated prospects are. If he ever puts it all together, he could be a steal as a late first round pick.

If he is inconsistent, HE IS NOT 1st ROUND WORTHY :!: Let some other team end up with the egg all over their face. Gosder = inconsistent. Gosder stinks.

I do not believe he is a 1st round talent.

February 2nd, 2012, 11:49 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
couple things to cover:

If he is inconsistent, HE IS NOT 1st ROUND WORTHY :!: Let some other team end up with the egg all over their face. Gosder = inconsistent. Gosder stinks.

I do not believe he is a 1st round talent.

Gosder was viewed as a reach in a big way when the Lions took him. He carried a mid second round grade for many teams and scouts. But we all know Millen drafted for need, not necessarily for talent or value.

Adams was inconsistent at the practice, NOT during the game. In the game, he was impressive and consistently stopped the person across from him. And although the scouts and coaches go to the Senior Bowl to look at players in practice, it's not like they completely ignore what happens during the game. They just don't pay attention to the results because of the numerous factors (unfamiliar players, unfamiliar systems, unfamiliar coaches, etc.). I guarantee you that teams will take a closer look at Mike Adams now because of the way he handled Coples during that game. Remember, Coples is considered THE top pass rusher in this class, and Adams stonewalled him. Believe me, teams will take a closer look at him. And it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a team like Arizona take him over Reilly Rieff, because Adams may end up being a better LT in the pros than Rieff. If he's still available past pick #23 or 24, you can fully expect someone like the Colts or or Vikings to try and trade up to land him in round one. They won't expect him to drop.

February 2nd, 2012, 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next