View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NCAA Football Recruiting. Signing day. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post NCAA Football Recruiting. Signing day.
I can't believe no-one has mentioned the College football recruit signings.

Here is a link to Rivals.com Team recruiting rankings.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/all/all

Ohio State came in 4th place, UofM 6th place, and Nebraska came in 3rd in the Big 10 all the way down at #25, MSU #39, Iowa #41, Pervert State University #50

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2867

UofM got 3 of the top 78 recruits in the nation.

February 2nd, 2012, 12:14 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: NCAA Football Recruiting. Signing day.
Michigan Recruits:

Name Pos Ht/Wt Stars Rank
Blake Bars OL 6-5/275 4 32
Joe Bolden LB 6-2/225 4 7
Ben Braden OL 6-6/285 3 38
Jehu Chesson WR 6-3/182 3 91
Jeremy Clark DB 6-4/205 3 37
Amara Darboh WR 6-2/190 4 30
Devin Funchess TE 6-5/205 3 14
Allen Gant DB 6-2/210 3 45
Matthew Godin DT 6-6/270 3 26
Willie Henry DT 6-2/270 3 NR
Sione Houma RB 6-0/211 3 5
Royce Jenkins-Stone LB 6-2/215 4 9
Drake Johnson RB 6-1/200 3 NR
Kyle Kalis OL 6-5/302 5 4
Erik Magnuson OL 6-6/275 4 10
Dennis Norfleet RB 5-7/170 4 5
Mario Ojemudia DE 6-3/215 3 30
Ondre Pipkins DT 6-3/325 5 3
Terry Richardson DB 5-9/160 4 18
Kaleb Ringer LB 6-0/219 3 17
James Ross LB 6-0/209 4 14
Tom Strobel DE 6-6/245 4 16
A.J. Williams TE 6-6/260 3 22
Jarrod Wilson DB 6-2/190 4 12
Christopher Wormley DE 6-6/270 3 21

February 2nd, 2012, 12:32 pm
RIP Killer

You would think they might want to sign a kicker... :roll:

February 2nd, 2012, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:

Who needs a kicker? Just Go for 2 all the time and when the drive stalls, Punt. Or, go for it and a deep interception is as good as a punt right?

February 2nd, 2012, 12:51 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

looks like ole Michigan recruiting to me. Lot of higher projected linemen and defense.

Hopefully we are seeing a return to the glory days.

February 2nd, 2012, 3:00 pm
Pablo wrote:

I don't think many schools bring in kickers on signing day, and I'm guessing that Gibbons will get the nod next year after winning the Sugar Bowl with his leg last season. I can't say I like the move, but I'm guessing that is what is going to happen.

Does anyone know anything about the two WRs that we're bringing in? I hope they're smart and ready to play this season, with Stoneham gone I think we're going to need them. I really hope UofM plays Denard at WR this season. It's a position that we're really weak at, that's where he'll play in the NFL, and Garner is a better passer anyhow.

February 2nd, 2012, 3:06 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I don't think many schools bring in kickers on signing day, and I'm guessing that Gibbons will get the nod next year after winning the Sugar Bowl with his leg last season. I can't say I like the move, but I'm guessing that is what is going to happen.

Does anyone know anything about the two WRs that we're bringing in? I hope they're smart and ready to play this season, with Stoneham gone I think we're going to need them. I really hope UofM plays Denard at WR this season. It's a position that we're really weak at, that's where he'll play in the NFL, and Garner is a better passer anyhow.

Don't know much about the UofM WRs but State has one hell of a group of receivers coming in (including the top overall prospect in the state of Michigan).

February 2nd, 2012, 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Don't know much about the UofM WRs but State has one hell of a group of receivers coming in (including the top overall prospect in the state of Michigan).

I saw that Pablo, but MSU recruited Amara Darboh, a guy that UofM landed and was ranked higher nationally by some sites. UofM did try to recruit the kid out of Farminton Hills, but not heavily. Who knows the reason, but they sent two guys to lock up Darboh (one being one of their top recruiters), and only Fred Jackson, the Running Backs coach to recruit the kid of Burbridge.

For MSU I'm most concerned about DeAnthony Arnett, but its yet to be seen if he'll be able to play this year.

McGarrett Kings, and Kyle Kerrick weren't heavily recruited. I wouldn't doubt if they red-shirt one or both of them.

Of the two schools I think UofM has improved slightly more than MSU this offseason. We'll see I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if MSU takes this home win this year, but it should be a damn good game. I do think, however, that if MSU loses this year at home it's going to be a long 2-3 years for that program.

February 2nd, 2012, 3:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Texas got one hell of a class this year! Hook'em! \m/

NEVER GIVE UP!

February 3rd, 2012, 9:18 am
League MVP

arnett is eligible to play for msu

February 3rd, 2012, 2:38 pm
The Legend wrote:

Did they decide that today? Yesterday I heard they were waiting for a decision. I thought transfers had to sit a year?

February 3rd, 2012, 8:40 pm
Junior Varsity

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I saw that Pablo, but MSU recruited Amara Darboh, a guy that UofM landed and was ranked higher nationally by some sites. UofM did try to recruit the kid out of Farminton Hills, but not heavily. Who knows the reason, but they sent two guys to lock up Darboh (one being one of their top recruiters), and only Fred Jackson, the Running Backs coach to recruit the kid of Burbridge.

For MSU I'm most concerned about DeAnthony Arnett, but its yet to be seen if he'll be able to play this year.

McGarrett Kings, and Kyle Kerrick weren't heavily recruited. I wouldn't doubt if they red-shirt one or both of them.

Of the two schools I think UofM has improved slightly more than MSU this offseason. We'll see I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if MSU takes this home win this year, but it should be a damn good game. I do think, however, that if MSU loses this year at home it's going to be a long 2-3 years for that program.

Chesson probably has the higher ceiling of the two U-M guys, though he's also a little more raw, so may take him longer to contribute. Could be kind of a cross between Braylon and Arrington when he learns to run routes. With good coaching (miss Soup), should mature nicely with Morris. Darboh will be solid, see him as more of a possession type, like Marquise (sp?) Walker.

They'll be moving someone else out there, but not Denard. Despite his faults as a passer, I don't see the value to the team of moving him there for one season when we know he can keep defenses on edge at QB. Guess it all depends on whether or not he can catch, which I don't think anyone has any idea on; I can't think of a time they threw to him in those Gardner packages this year. But I agree he has no future at the position in the pros. I think Justice Hayes moves out. Jerald Robinson has to step up. Funchess may get time there, too, despite our TE issues this coming year.

Sparty got a great WR haul; wish U-M had stayed on Madaris more, he's solid. Arnett is very good. Burbridge is great but is a real risk to qualify, which is why the good guys backed off (he wanted to commit when his teammates did, was told no). May not know on him until August. They did well at DB, too, especially Cox.

Love what we did on the lines and with LB. That will be the gift that keeps on giving as those guys grow and progress. Another big OL year needed next cycle, though, to get the numbers back.

February 4th, 2012, 2:45 am
Junior Varsity

LionsFan4Life wrote:
Texas got one hell of a class this year! Hook'em! \m/

Too bad Mack's coaching them.

February 4th, 2012, 2:46 am
fetumpsh wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Chesson probably has the higher ceiling of the two U-M guys, though he's also a little more raw, so may take him longer to contribute. Could be kind of a cross between Braylon and Arrington when he learns to run routes. With good coaching (miss Soup), should mature nicely with Morris. Darboh will be solid, see him as more of a possession type, like Marquise (sp?) Walker.

They'll be moving someone else out there, but not Denard. Despite his faults as a passer, I don't see the value to the team of moving him there for one season when we know he can keep defenses on edge at QB. Guess it all depends on whether or not he can catch, which I don't think anyone has any idea on; I can't think of a time they threw to him in those Gardner packages this year. But I agree he has no future at the position in the pros. I think Justice Hayes moves out. Jerald Robinson has to step up. Funchess may get time there, too, despite our TE issues this coming year.

Sparty got a great WR haul; wish U-M had stayed on Madaris more, he's solid. Arnett is very good. Burbridge is great but is a real risk to qualify, which is why the good guys backed off (he wanted to commit when his teammates did, was told no). May not know on him until August. They did well at DB, too, especially Cox.

Love what we did on the lines and with LB. That will be the gift that keeps on giving as those guys grow and progress. Another big OL year needed next cycle, though, to get the numbers back.

I agree with you pretty much straight down the board. I wish we wouldn't have given up on that CB from FL that was kicked out of school for his twitter account, he would have been an appreciated and much needed CB.

I don't agree with you about Denard, however. He still has to be accounted for anywhere on the field. He's always a threat to take it to the house. I would like to see him play a Vincent Smith role, or straight slot WR role on this team. The way I see it, Gardner is also a big threat that needs to be accounted for, and we're wasting that threat (and better Qb play) when he is on the sidelines. I don't think Hoke will seed it that way, and I think Hoke will "play it safe" and start Denard, but I think that's a mistake.

I'm a little nervous for us having to play Bama so early in the year. I think it's going to be an early loss, and this team is going to have to "come back" before their season really gets started.

February 4th, 2012, 1:39 pm
League MVP

Quote:
The Legend wrote:

Did they decide that today? Yesterday I heard they were waiting for a decision. I thought transfers had to sit a year?

well i thought it had been reported previously that he would get the hardship waiver but apparently msu hasnt applied for that just yet. sorry for the mistake - if he gets the waiver he would be able to play but u probably knew that

February 4th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next