View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Culbreath busted for weed. 
League MVP

Post Re: Culbreath busted for weed.
see and my expieriences say the exact opposite. I am very good friends (and have been since childhood) with 3 successful buisness owners who arnt daily smokers...but hourly.

I think the long and short of it is that pot is so common that outside of the known factual effects that happens within the brain....it's all stereotype after that.

saying "potsmokers do".....

is the same as saying "white people do"
or
"black people do"

at least IMO

February 1st, 2012, 6:46 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
see and my expieriences say the exact opposite. I am very good friends (and have been since childhood) with 3 successful buisness owners who arnt daily smokers...but hourly.

I think the long and short of it is that pot is so common that outside of the known factual effects that happens within the brain....it's all stereotype after that.

saying "potsmokers do".....

is the same as saying "white people do"
or
"black people do"

at least IMO

There are going to be exceptions to every rule. Not every alcoholic is depressed, but most are. There are also some very successful alcoholics, but most successful people are not alcoholics. I can all but guaranty you the same is true for people that smoke weed.

Stereo types exist for a reason, and there's nothing wrong with them. They're generally true, which is why they exist. The problem comes when you try to attribute that stereo type to an individual. You can say that "potheads generally are depressed" and come up with good and bad opinions of smoking weed, and good policy decisions regarding weed, even though there are a percentage of people that can do it successfully.

That being the case... The Lions don't cut Culbreath for this... allegedly they promoted him to RT... BRILLIANT!!!

February 2nd, 2012, 3:12 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I am speaking in fact. I could have a BS in Psychology if I wanted to fill out the paperwork. We had to take several classes on addiction, drug abuse, it's effects, etc. I could post article after article that marijuana is a long-term depressant. It's a known fact in the medical field.

God knows just reading about this and seeing the direction this thread has now taken is leaving me pretty depressed......

February 3rd, 2012, 1:18 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I am speaking in fact. I could have a BS in Psychology if I wanted to fill out the paperwork. We had to take several classes on addiction, drug abuse, it's effects, etc. I could post article after article that marijuana is a long-term depressant. It's a known fact in the medical field.

God knows just reading about this and seeing the direction this thread has now taken is leaving me pretty depressed......

well put the doobie down man! :wink: :D

February 3rd, 2012, 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4