View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Lions Team Needs 
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions Team Needs
The Legend wrote:
so how do they sign players so quickly? is the agent waiting around for example at kvb's house or do they just agree to terms and then figure out the details of the contract later

Though I dont know the correct answer, I would imagine there would have to be some sort of pre-FA interest a player has for a team that makes them sign to quickly.

What im thinking as far as the Lions go, is that FA's will probably have more interest of coming to Detroit now that they are a legitimate contender.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 7th, 2012, 6:46 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
so how do they sign players so quickly? is the agent waiting around for example at kvb's house or do they just agree to terms and then figure out the details of the contract later

I think what is bolded is how it goes down most of the time. The coach or whomever is making the offer has a deal with some rough numbers (We'll give you a five year deal worth $40M) and then the player can say 'sure, that sounds like what I'm looking for'. At that point they've come to an agreement, and thereafter it's up to the front office and the players agent to finalize the deal and get the pen on paper.

Remember, when free agency starts there's no action going on at the practice facilities, so they don't have to be under contract to feel safe to practice or anything like that. They just come to an agreement, then once the deal is finalized it has to be submitted to the league office for approval. That's the final rubber stamp on making it valid.

February 7th, 2012, 10:39 pm
Veteran General Manager

I think it is more likely that the team and the players agent talk well before FA starts. Teams can't talk to the Players. But, I don't think anything says they can't talk to the agents. Especially, if they have a payer on their team with the same agent as a FA they are interested in.

February 7th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9