View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions will raise ticket prices in 2012 
Post Re: Lions will raise ticket prices in 2012
Pablo wrote:
Think it is bad in Detroit, parking for Cowboys stadium = $75, a burger can set you back $20.

A $20 burger better weigh a Lb and be able to be shared. That's just ridiculous. I'd leave in the 4th Q and go to a bar for that price. The Superdome was pretty reasonable for prices, and they were just in the Super Bowl. A really big, delicious pulled pork sandwich and side of potato salad was $9. Beers were a little high at $8.50 for a 16oz. beer, but that's getting to be pretty standard.

What gets me though, is the poor quality of food at FF. The deli sandwiches near Charlie Sanders BBQ are garbage, as is Charlie Sander's BBQ, and IMO those are the two best places to eat in FF. That little corner bar area is alright, but it's just average crappy stadium food.

February 6th, 2012, 6:14 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Get use to it folks, now a days when I go to a sport event, I usually go to McDonalds before the game and eat.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

February 7th, 2012, 1:27 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

it's called tailgaiting gents! it's good, it's cheap, and you cant beat the expierience!

we always tailgate bwefore and after the game. (hey you gotta wait for traffic anyways right? might was well wait with a brat in one hand and a beer in the other right?)

February 8th, 2012, 4:11 pm
RIP Killer

Hey, for $95 anyone they want can park in my driveway, and I'll grill you a big freakin' burger on my grill. Then I'll personally drive you down to the game and wait for you until you get out and drive you back to your car.

Line forms to the left....now taking number one....

:cheers:

February 8th, 2012, 4:23 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
it's called tailgaiting gents! it's good, it's cheap, and you cant beat the expierience!

we always tailgate bwefore and after the game. (hey you gotta wait for traffic anyways right? might was well wait with a brat in one hand and a beer in the other right?)

You can't have 6 beers before a game, and not have anything for four hours, unless you want to get a hangover during the game. I know it sounds petty, but a beer a quarter REALLY makes the game experience. Sure, I could not drink at all. I've done that 1000's of times, but when my friends get together and we're really whooping it up, it's fun. I generally only have 2-3 beers a game (usually 1 per quarter, minus the 4th Q, sometimes I do one per half if its a boring game).

I just factor the $30 into the ticket price, but honestly it does make some games not worth going to for me. I'll look at a ticket price of $85 or so, and think to myself "is it really worth "$120 to go to this game... $240 if I'm bringing a date..." not always, but often the answer is "no."

I've all but given up on food at games. I eat before and/or after. The food is garbage, over-priced, and I don't need it, plain and simple. I wish more people would get on that band wagon and stop buying the crappy food, forcing FF to get better quality vendors in there.

February 8th, 2012, 4:25 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

You can't have 6 beers before a game, and not have anything for four hours, unless you want to get a hangover during the game. I know it sounds petty, but a beer a quarter REALLY makes the game experience. Sure, I could not drink at all. I've done that 1000's of times, but when my friends get together and we're really whooping it up, it's fun. I generally only have 2-3 beers a game (usually 1 per quarter, minus the 4th Q, sometimes I do one per half if its a boring game).

I just factor the $30 into the ticket price, but honestly it does make some games not worth going to for me. I'll look at a ticket price of $85 or so, and think to myself "is it really worth "$120 to go to this game... $240 if I'm bringing a date..." not always, but often the answer is "no."

I've all but given up on food at games. I eat before and/or after. The food is garbage, over-priced, and I don't need it, plain and simple. I wish more people would get on that band wagon and stop buying the crappy food, forcing FF to get better quality vendors in there.

Having worked some of the game this past season, I can shed some light on the concessions. Levy Restaurants controls the concessions at Ford Field (and a number of other facilities, including the Palace and DTE). The food is basically ordered by them and distributed to the stands through them. The workers at almost all the stands are volunteers through some non-profit groups. Most of the food is pre-cooked and simply steamed by the workers. Unless you are going to one of the stands that is franchised by a known name, you are getting basically the same thing no matter where you go.

And let me tell you, Levy is a bunch of idiots. Their distribution process and handling of the stands is God awful to deal with as a concessions person. It would take us literally hours to get food sent to us. And we'd have to sit there and listen to the scorn of the fans if we were out of popcorn, or whatever, when it was not even close to being our fault.

I'll never work another FF game again....and I'd never eat there.

February 8th, 2012, 4:36 pm
I agree M2... What gets me is that even the smaller places inside FF suck. Charlie Sanders Grill is God awful, the deli right across from it is bad. You can't go anywhere in there and get a decent anything. It's horrid.

Comerica Park has some decent eats, as does the Palace. At least at the Palace you can go to the Palace Grill if you're really hard-up. Copa at least has Chicago dogs (which is really the only thing I eat there), but they also have "The Jungle" and Greek food, etc. in there. It's not bad, but I wish they had some "signature food" of their own, instead of simply offering other stadiums versions of signature food.

February 8th, 2012, 4:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

anyone rememebr the old Silverdome "Dome Dawgs"? you eat one of those you had better already be standing in line for the bathroom. talk about AWFUL lol

WJ

I usually get me one of those fancy 8 dollar beers around 1/2 time to get me through untill after the game...but then in hindsight in the past decade i didnt see the end of too many games. no point. the game was over by 1/2 so maybe thats why the pre/post tailgaiting worked so well for me :wink:

February 8th, 2012, 4:44 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Most stadium food is absolute crap now, but it didn't use to be that way. I'm old enough to remember that hot dogs at Tiger Stadium in the 70's were just as good, if not better, than most Detroit Coney Islands. Then again, most people seemed to give a crap back then, but they don't any longer. It's sad.

As for the Lion price increase, I don't blame them one bit. They've kept the prices the same and even lowered them over the past few years, so they deserve to raise them once the demand increases. They're still fairly cheap compared to most other NFL stadiums too.

February 11th, 2012, 2:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2