View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 7:00 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ndamukong Suh Rep 
Author Message
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Ndamukong Suh Rep
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7553 ... liked-list

Quote:
Detroit Lions defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh has seen his public reputation turn faster than he can cast aside opposing blockers, according to a poll published in Forbes magazine.

Suh, who four months ago led a Forbes poll of the most-liked players in the NFL with an appeal score of 71 percent, placed fourth on an overall list of most-disliked athletes with a score of 51 percent disliked, according to the magazine.

The poll, conducted by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research, found Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick and Tiger Woods at the top of the list with scores of 60 percent disliked, suggesting time and public contrition haven't helped either athlete fully overcome past indiscretions when it comes to public perception.


Vick led the list despite being tied with Woods because Woods had fewer "dislike a lot" responses in the poll, Forbes reported.

Suh's stomping on Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith during the Lions' nationally televised Thanksgiving Day game this past season didn't help Suh's cause. He was ejected and suspended two games by the NFL.
Despicable Me?
Michael Vick and Tiger Woods have been ranked the most-disliked athetes in a Forbes magazine poll conducted by Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research. While Vick and Woods tied, Woods received fewer "dislike a lot" responses.

Athlete Unlike Pct.
Michael Vick 60
Tiger Woods 60
Plaxico Burress 56
Ndamukong Suh 51
Kris Humphries 50
LeBron James 48
Kobe Bryant 45
Terrell Owens 45
Alex Rodriguez 44
Kurt Busch 42

Despite earlier fines for his rough play, Suh had been popular for his on-field performance, which helped elevate the Lions from sad sack to playoff contender, and for his generosity in donating $2.6 million to Nebraska, his alma mater.


"He went from being so popular to being a pariah in one season," Nielsen vice president of sports Stephen Master said, according to Forbes.

Although years have passed since Vick served a federal prison sentence for his role in a dogfighting ring, he still has a high awareness number -- 42 percent, according to the report.

"His awareness is up there with Peyton Manning, but a lot of it is people knowing him for the wrong reasons," Master said, according to the report.

Third on the most-disliked list is New York Jets wide receiver Plaxico Burress, who returned to the NFL this season after serving 20 months in prison for gun possession, according to the Forbes report.

Kris Humphries of the New Jersey Nets came in fifth at 50 percent, Forbes reported, with his 72-day marriage to reality TV star Kim Kardashian.

Rounding out the top 10 are NBA stars LeBron James and Kobe Bryant; wide receiver Terrell Owens; New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez; and NASCAR driver Kurt Busch, the magazine reported.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


February 8th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7289
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
This is a good thing. It means people are starting to get worried when their team plays the Lions. And they fear Suh the most. People only hate our players when they are good enough to kick their teams butt. If the Packers sucked, do you think we would hate them as much?


February 8th, 2012, 4:24 pm
Profile
Stadium Announcer

Joined: December 6th, 2005, 10:44 am
Posts: 73
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
BillySims wrote:
This is a good thing. It means people are starting to get worried when their team plays the Lions. And they fear Suh the most. People only hate our players when they are good enough to kick their teams butt. If the Packers sucked, do you think we would hate them as much?


Athlete Unlike Pct.
Michael Vick 60
Tiger Woods 60
Plaxico Burress 56
Ndamukong Suh 51
Kris Humphries 50
LeBron James 48
Kobe Bryant 45
Terrell Owens 45
Alex Rodriguez 44
Kurt Busch 42

Vick unliked because he tortured dogs, woods cause he cheated on his wife, plax cause he spent 2 yrs in jail for shooting himself, james unliked because he "took his talent to southbeach", Bryant was accused of rape, Owens because he is a premadonna, a-rod because he is a playoff no show and everyone licks his nads, busch because hes cocky...dont know why people hate humphries but you see the point...they are hated not cause theyre feared because people generally have distaste in their conduct just like suh. Understand your point but i think it is a little misguided.

_________________
We need Joey back...Jk but seriously.


February 9th, 2012, 12:26 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2180
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Quote:
Vick unliked because he tortured dogs, woods cause he cheated on his wife, plax cause he spent 2 yrs in jail for shooting himself, james unliked because he "took his talent to southbeach", Bryant was accused of rape, Owens because he is a premadonna, a-rod because he is a playoff no show and everyone licks his nads, busch because hes cocky...dont know why people hate humphries but you see the point...they are hated not cause theyre feared because people generally have distaste in their conduct just like suh. Understand your point but i think it is a little misguided.

Ya, Suh was one of the most liked atheletes last year

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


February 9th, 2012, 1:15 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
bishop14772 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
This is a good thing. It means people are starting to get worried when their team plays the Lions. And they fear Suh the most. People only hate our players when they are good enough to kick their teams butt. If the Packers sucked, do you think we would hate them as much?


Athlete Unlike Pct.
Michael Vick 60
Tiger Woods 60
Plaxico Burress 56
Ndamukong Suh 51
Kris Humphries 50
LeBron James 48
Kobe Bryant 45
Terrell Owens 45
Alex Rodriguez 44
Kurt Busch 42

Vick unliked because he tortured dogs, woods cause he cheated on his wife, plax cause he spent 2 yrs in jail for shooting himself, james unliked because he "took his talent to southbeach", Bryant was accused of rape, Owens because he is a premadonna, a-rod because he is a playoff no show and everyone licks his nads, busch because hes cocky...dont know why people hate humphries but you see the point...they are hated not cause theyre feared because people generally have distaste in their conduct just like suh. Understand your point but i think it is a little misguided.


Agree with Bishop. All these players did one thing wrong and everone turns against you.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


February 10th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9395
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Agree with Bishop. All these players did one thing wrong and everone turns against you.


Kris Humphries married Kim Kardashian, I'd like to do something wrong like that (especially if I didn't have to sign a pre-nup).

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


February 10th, 2012, 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Pablo wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Agree with Bishop. All these players did one thing wrong and everone turns against you.


Kris Humphries married Kim Kardashian, I'd like to do something wrong like that (especially if I didn't have to sign a pre-nup).

This might possibly be the first thing Pablo has ever said that I agreed with. :D

Seriously though, I would much rather have players that are hated (and feared) than players that are laughed at for their inability to compete at the NFL level.

_________________
Image


February 11th, 2012, 2:41 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9850
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Lions2SB2 wrote:

Agree with Bishop. All these players did one thing wrong and everyone turns against you.


That's the price of celebrity/sports hero/rockstar status......if they don't like it, they can easily stay out of the limelight like many others do. Don't kill dogs, don't carry guns in a state where gun ownership is frowned upon, don't cheat on your model wife with dozens of pornstars, don't marry reality TV bitches, etc., etc.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 11th, 2012, 4:45 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2180
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
The worst thing Tiger ever did was apologizing to all the jealous couch potatoes out there.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


February 11th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Killwill25 wrote:
The worst thing Tiger ever did was apologizing to all the jealous couch potatoes out there.


Yeah, but still my favorite golfer!

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


February 12th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3750
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Killwill25 wrote:
The worst thing Tiger ever did was apologizing to all the jealous couch potatoes out there.



see now I'd argue that the worst thing Tiger ever did was start practicing the wrong stroke. Have you seen his game lately? I'd barely call him an average PGA golfer now

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 13th, 2012, 5:05 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2180
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
The worst thing Tiger ever did was apologizing to all the jealous couch potatoes out there.



see now I'd argue that the worst thing Tiger ever did was start practicing the wrong stroke. Have you seen his game lately? I'd barely call him an average PGA golfer now

Is he really that bad? I have'nt been paying much attention lately

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


February 13th, 2012, 6:05 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3124
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Killwill25 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
The worst thing Tiger ever did was apologizing to all the jealous couch potatoes out there.



see now I'd argue that the worst thing Tiger ever did was start practicing the wrong stroke. Have you seen his game lately? I'd barely call him an average PGA golfer now

Is he really that bad? I have'nt been paying much attention lately

Yes he is. He's not ranked in the top 10 (currently 18th in world golf rankings; 105th in FedEx cup standings). He just recently won his first tournament since 2009, then proceeded to absolutely melt down in the final round this past weekend. He's also not anywhere near the top in any of the main golf statistics.

Since his scandal, he's completely fallen off the map.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


February 14th, 2012, 8:53 am
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
The worst thing Tiger ever did was apologizing to all the jealous couch potatoes out there.



see now I'd argue that the worst thing Tiger ever did was start practicing the wrong stroke. Have you seen his game lately? I'd barely call him an average PGA golfer now

Is he really that bad? I have'nt been paying much attention lately

Yes he is. He's not ranked in the top 10 (currently 18th in world golf rankings; 105th in FedEx cup standings). He just recently won his first tournament since 2009, then proceeded to absolutely melt down in the final round this past weekend. He's also not anywhere near the top in any of the main golf statistics.

Since his scandal, he's completely fallen off the map.


He has a couple good rounds then last round he chokes.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


February 15th, 2012, 12:56 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3750
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Ndamukong Suh Rep
He's almost as good at Golf Now as Michael Jordan was when he was playing baseball.

now for the record...he could still kick my rectum up and down the links. he's just no where near what he used to be....and he's still very very young. (especially for golf)

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 16th, 2012, 10:32 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.