View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 2012 NFL Mock Draft 
Post Re: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
What pisses me off about the last few mocks that I've seen is, outside of an OG/OC I really don't see us getting a starting caliber UPGRADE at any position. MAYBE safety, but that's even debatable, at least for this upcoming year.

IMO there are some good, young upgrades in FA. I'd rather just trade our first round draft pick for a starter before we go blowing it on some DE/CB project that isn't going to play much, if at all next year.

I see what you're saying, but IMO if we for whatever reason drafted janoris jenkins, I think he would be an immediate upgrade. I see him clearly being gone by 23 though.

Me too... That's the issue. I don't think there's a Lb, Cb, etc that will be there that could start and be an immediate upgrade over their current counterpart.

February 10th, 2012, 8:54 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
What pisses me off about the last few mocks that I've seen is, outside of an OG/OC I really don't see us getting a starting caliber UPGRADE at any position. MAYBE safety, but that's even debatable, at least for this upcoming year.

IMO there are some good, young upgrades in FA. I'd rather just trade our first round draft pick for a starter before we go blowing it on some DE/CB project that isn't going to play much, if at all next year.

I see what you're saying, but IMO if we for whatever reason drafted janoris jenkins, I think he would be an immediate upgrade. I see him clearly being gone by 23 though.

Me too... That's the issue. I don't think there's a Lb, Cb, etc that will be there that could start and be an immediate upgrade over their current counterpart.

I tell ya, a lot of people think im crazy, but I can definetely see the Lions trading up this year if there is someone they really want. Because of what they were trying to give up to get Patrick Peterson last year, it shows they will do a lot to get someone they apparently really want.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 10th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Varsity Captain

I love konz to detroit as he is one of my top rated guys.its just not in the cards.i know the lions top rated guy is gonna be there .and even though i know it is a great pick.the fans are gonna hate it.hopefully i can ease the blow a little for u guys

February 11th, 2012, 8:40 am
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
I love konz to detroit as he is one of my top rated guys.its just not in the cards.i know the lions top rated guy is gonna be there .and even though i know it is a great pick.the fans are gonna hate it.hopefully i can ease the blow a little for u guys

Talking with you a few weeks ago, I completely understand.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 11th, 2012, 9:41 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

allenslions wrote:

and that top rated guy is?

February 11th, 2012, 12:25 pm
Team MVP

CMWSR wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Lamar Miller RB Miami

February 11th, 2012, 12:30 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

kdsberman wrote:
CMWSR wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Lamar Miller RB Miami

I sure hope not. It's been shown by teams all over the league as long as you have a good o-line you can plug anyone in to the RB position and be serviceable. Millen had his WR's...........looks like Mayhew has his RB's............ ](*,)

February 11th, 2012, 12:55 pm
Team MVP

For health reasons, I understand the pick, but other than that Im scratching my head. And I also wonder why at this point a team even has a "board". There hasnt been a combine, pro days, visits/interviews etc.

February 11th, 2012, 3:20 pm
Varsity Captain

The fact fsns put way more stock into the combine then we do.as a matter of fact alot of us would love to get rid of it .but it has become to much of a draw with the fans and the network it aint goin no where.the only thing i get out of it is seeing

February 11th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Varsity Captain

Them out of there comfort zone.and the interview process is the most important to the coaches.but now with the way there coached by there agents thats becoming pointless.there is nothing a kids gonna show me i havent seen in the 2 years i scouted him

February 11th, 2012, 5:51 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
Them out of there comfort zone.and the interview process is the most important to the coaches.but now with the way there coached by there agents thats becoming pointless.there is nothing a kids gonna show me i havent seen in the 2 years i scouted him

I trust your word allenslions, lets hope the Lions know what theyre doing and make it happen. Theyve been pretty good at that since Mayhew started.

February 11th, 2012, 6:17 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
CMWSR wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Lamar Miller RB Miami

So based on this info. My question to allenslions is. Is Miller actually rated that high? Could the Lions be looking to trade back in the 1st, and still secure their guy? If that's the case, then it makes very good sense to me.

February 11th, 2012, 7:28 pm
Varsity Captain

First off many have him rated equal to richardson.i think miller has a more explosive running style.if he is falling and they feel they can still get him ,trading down could be a real possibility.

February 11th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Varsity Captain

Only one thing .they wont go below the packers cause rumor has it they like him too

February 11th, 2012, 9:57 pm
Team MVP

I read one source that said he has durability issues. Is this true? Because if so, we would then have yet ANOTHER back that cant stay healthy (potentially).

February 11th, 2012, 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next