View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 My lios draft 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: My lios draft
Let's not derail the thread fellas.

January 23rd, 2012, 11:38 am
RIP Killer

I'd like that draft as well, but many pundits are anticipating Barron going as high as #16 to the Jets, or possibly even to Tennessee at #20 if they lose Michael Griffin in free agency.

Vinny Curry is a pick I like as well. I agree that Willie Young is strictly a pass rusher, and LoJack didn't really impress too much this year. If he's on the board when the Lions pick in round two (pick #54), he'd surely be a value pick at that spot. He's listed as a late second rounder on many website Big Boards right now, but I think his value is better than that. I've seen some sites listing him as a first rounder, though, so his value is all over the place. I saw a couple Marshall games, and he stood out.

Josh Norman I have no knowledge of. I know he's got good size, and I saw him listed as a sleeper prospect somewhere. Other than that...I got nothing. I hope he's a Combine invitee.

I didn't realize the Lions were getting a sixth for Polumbus. I knew the pick was conditional, but didn't realize he played enough to warrant a sixth round pick. Another waiver wire coup for Martin Mayhew.

January 23rd, 2012, 12:19 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
Also billy the memo read we will receive a 6th rd pick for tyson polumbo from seattle trade.and i wouldnt be surprised if we trade spivey for a late rd pick

I have a question about this. Currently the Seahawks have no sixth round pick, due to the trade with Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch. Did he do enough on the season to reach the escalators to make that a fifth round pick? Did Tyler Polumbus even play for the Seahawks this season, enough to make the pick a sixth rounder? If so, I'm not complaining.......

January 25th, 2012, 4:45 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
Also billy the memo read we will receive a 6th rd pick for tyson polumbo from seattle trade.and i wouldnt be surprised if we trade spivey for a late rd pick

I just noticed the bolded part of this quote. Do you really think the Lions coaches are that ready to get rid of Spievey? I don't see him as starting material, but trading him away?

February 13th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Varsity Captain

The coaches have never cared for the pick.but for some reason there internal scouts loved him.he was always a guy fit for a tampa2 scheme.not the m2m and off man covrages we play.i could see a team like indy giving a 5th up for him

February 13th, 2012, 4:00 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

allenslions wrote:
The coaches have never cared for the pick.but for some reason there internal scouts loved him.he was always a guy fit for a tampa2 scheme.not the m2m and off man covrages we play.i could see a team like indy giving a 5th up for him

Killer had an article a while back that said the exact same thing...that he's one of the rare cases in the Mayhew era where coaches and scouts didn't agree.

February 13th, 2012, 4:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
I'd like that draft as well, but many pundits are anticipating Barron going as high as #16 to the Jets, or possibly even to Tennessee at #20 if they lose Michael Griffin in free agency.
Don't you think Mayhew will try to get Griffin in FA?

February 13th, 2012, 6:10 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I really don't think the Lions will be real active in FA just because of the cap limitations. Griffin would be a good fit, but I doubt we can afford him.

February 14th, 2012, 11:55 am

Lewand: "I don't foresee us being in a position to go out and make a lot of aggressive free agent moves."

February 14th, 2012, 1:12 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Lewand: "I don't foresee us being in a position to go out and make a lot of aggressive free agent moves."

The Bolded part leaves a lot of room for making 1 or 2 aggressive FA moves.

February 14th, 2012, 4:37 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Also, we just signed the Titans DB coach to be our DB coach.

I think we just declared that we are interested in at least Finnegan. Maybe, Griffin also.

February 14th, 2012, 4:40 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
Also, we just signed the Titans DB coach to be our DB coach.

I think we just declared that we are interested in at least Finnegan. Maybe, Griffin also.

Good point. Its interesting at the least. Definetely not a bad thing.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 14th, 2012, 5:40 pm
League MVP

finnegan's a decent player but i think breaking the bank for him would be a big mistake. lions should be a backup option for him - if nobody is willing to break the bank on him than detroit would be a good place for him to come play on a good team with a familiar scheme and coach so he could increase his value.

February 15th, 2012, 10:42 am

Erik Coleman was hurt all last season. Is he brought back and if so, would he play a role? We thought he would compete for the starting job until his injury.

February 15th, 2012, 10:47 am
Varsity Captain

I could see them bringing in finnigan if they dont resign wright .but it will be on a short term contract.there wont be a huge market for him.and griffen doesnt fit here.to similar in style to delmas.they need some size back there.

February 15th, 2012, 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next