View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Randy Moss as a Lion 
Walk On

Post Randy Moss as a Lion
I know this is a soar subject to most in this forum. But I'm imagining Megatron on one side and Moss on the other to stretch the field with Burelson and Young working inside on some plays. He could fill Stovall's spot or another nobody receiver. Moss, I believed played with Linehan in Minnesota and would know how to use him in spots. We could sign him to veteran minimum with incentives. If he start disrupting the locker room cut him with no tolerance. I think with 84 on the field with 81 poses nightmares for defenses in the passing and running games. We could mix up a lot of different looks with the WR's & TE's. I think our team is secure enough in the locker room to not be affected by a Moss. Just a thought. Thoughts???

Draft the BLACK MAMBA!! Ducks #6

February 17th, 2012, 2:07 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Randy Moss as a Lion
Our OC is very familiar with him. Imagine lining up CJ, Moss and Pett all on the same side in the redzone - jump ball. He still is quick, the attitude must be adjusted.

February 17th, 2012, 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I have mixed feelings on the subject. I'd love to have his talent out there, but I'm not so sure about his attitude in the locker room. You just never know what you will get with him.

February 17th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Team MVP

Interesting, but NO. Lets try and get younger, not older.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 17th, 2012, 2:21 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I wanted him along time ago, the other thing that makes me worried is lately he seems to bring trouble. Something Lions don't need right now. Still think we should get him!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

February 17th, 2012, 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Do it.

February 17th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Varsity 1st Team

No way would i touch him.and replace stovall who is a big part of our special teams.no way u think moss would even think about tackling somebody.

February 17th, 2012, 4:05 pm
Walk On

allenslions wrote:
No way would i touch him.and replace stovall who is a big part of our special teams.no way u think moss would even think about tackling somebody.

He don't have to replace Stovall, read again. I said or a nobody receiver. Everyone's so scared what he'll do in the locker room. He can only do what our staff allow. An our team seem to be a different team from the past with leaders now, who wouldn't let it go down. Any sign of trouble dump him that easy. But he's probably having a T.O. wake up call at this point in his career and would be more humble.

Draft the BLACK MAMBA!! Ducks #6

February 17th, 2012, 4:26 pm
Team MVP

Mufasa wrote:
allenslions wrote:

He don't have to replace Stovall, read again. I said or a nobody receiver. Everyone's so scared what he'll do in the locker room. He can only do what our staff allow. An our team seem to be a different team from the past with leaders now, who wouldn't let it go down. Any sign of trouble dump him that easy. But he's probably having a T.O. wake up call at this point in his career and would be more humble.

I still say no. I understand your point though. I just think we have too good of a thing going with CJ and our WR group as a whole, why change it now.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 17th, 2012, 4:46 pm
RIP Killer

Mufasa wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Same thing was said about Moss when he went to the Pats. He'll have a stable locker room with leaders, a damn good QB to throw to him, a head coach who commands respect, etc., etc. It didn't stop him from having a bipolar moment and having a meltdown.
Yes, we could then simply cut him. But that doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing at least some damage in the interim.

Like I said, I'd love to have the talent here. But the attitude is scary. Guys like T.O. and Randy Moss don't get wake up calls. Their attitudes are forever.

February 17th, 2012, 4:50 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Same thing was said about Moss when he went to the Pats. He'll have a stable locker room with leaders, a damn good QB to throw to him, a head coach who commands respect, etc., etc. It didn't stop him from having a bipolar moment and having a meltdown.
Yes, we could then simply cut him. But that doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing at least some damage in the interim.

Like I said, I'd love to have the talent here. But the attitude is scary. Guys like T.O. and Randy Moss don't get wake up calls. Their attitudes are forever.

And what damage did he do to New England? It sure would be nice to be damaged goods and still make it to the Super Bowl... :lol:

February 17th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
Guys like T.O. and Randy Moss don't get wake up calls. Their attitudes are forever.

THIS.

February 17th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Pop Warner Vet

When I saw the topic I said to myself, "Aw, hell no," but after a little thought, I don't see the harm in checking him out or bringing him in on the cheap. I agree with M2K, I think his potential outweighs possible distractions and if he is acting up, cut him.

February 17th, 2012, 5:13 pm
I'd love to have him. Most of his Minnisota guys agreed with him, and his teammates at Minny actually liked the guy. He was a bit of a problem in NE, but he more or less got black-balled there. He wasn't a problem in NE and he was revered in the locker-room until they were done with him. I can understand his frustration.

The bottom line is Nate isn't the "eraser" he was brought in to be. NO ONE is taking ANY pressure off of CJ deep and we need someone. If we can do what we did with Tulloch or Durant and bring him in for a one year deal, I'd do it in a minute.

I know I may get flamed for it, but I'd also give a shot to Chad Johnson, and I see that as being much more realistic. He didn't do squat in NE, (I believe) he did practice with our guys when the CBA was being worked out (if he didn't he said he wanted to, but I thought I remember him actually working out with Stafford and CJ), and he has openly said that he wants to come here and play with CJ.

We need someone to be a deep threat that can take some heat off of CJ. If it can be Moss or Chad Johnson, so be it. Everyone knows I'd love to cut or trade Nate. I don't know what it does to the cap this year, but I do know it would save us something like $4.0 million next year.

February 17th, 2012, 6:08 pm
Veteran General Manager

I don't think we could out bid the Chicago Slaughter of the IFL for his services. LOL.

February 17th, 2012, 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next