View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Brandon Carr anyone? 
Walk On

Post Brandon Carr anyone?
Look like Chiefs are going to let him go to free agency by signing Routt. Thoughts?

February 20th, 2012, 6:01 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
He'll be too expensive for us to get. Be nice to have a young up and coming corner but he'll be getting at least 10M a year probably more like 12.

February 21st, 2012, 2:38 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Why are corners so expensive? I mean, I know a true shut down corner is tough to find, but I keep seeing $10M amounts being thrown around for decent players.

February 21st, 2012, 9:36 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Why are corners so expensive? I mean, I know a true shut down corner is tough to find, but I keep seeing $10M amounts being thrown around for decent players.

Because of the ever changing rules in the NFL that make it even more difficult for a defensive player to be able to cover a quality receiver without getting flagged. There are now four positions that are held in higher asteem than any others, and it all has to do with the passing game. He who passes the ball, he who protects the passer, he who rushes the passer, and he who covers the target for the passer. One could say an elite receiver would be on that list as well.

Brandon Carr is certainly not Darrelle Revis, Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson (in their youths), but he's a pretty solid corner and would be better than anyone we have on our roster right now. But I don't think I'd pay him $10M per season, even if we had the money. I'd cap him at about $8M per season.

February 21st, 2012, 10:37 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Out of all the FA CBs, I'd take Brandon Carr over all of them, but as M2K said, he'll probably be too expensive. Even Finnegan will probably be out of the Lions' price range, so they may be forced to sign a 2nd/3rd tier guy or draft a CB early.

February 21st, 2012, 5:58 pm
slybri19 wrote:
Out of all the FA CBs, I'd take Brandon Carr over all of them, but as M2K said, he'll probably be too expensive. Even Finnegan will probably be out of the Lions' price range, so they may be forced to sign a 2nd/3rd tier guy or draft a CB early.

What do you think Carr will bring salary wise? And what do you think Porter will cost? I'd love to land one of them, especially if we can get one of them for Avril's projected would-be salary.

February 21st, 2012, 6:01 pm

Carr should get Jonathan Joseph money of $10M per year. I also think Finnegan will get close to that as well. As for Porter, I'm really not sure. I would guess around $6M per, but some team could over value him and offer more. Of course, he could accept a one year deal like Wright or Tulloch for a lot less too. He's a tough one to figure out.

February 21st, 2012, 6:11 pm
slybri19 wrote:
Carr should get Jonathan Joseph money of $10M per year. I also think Finnegan will get close to that as well. As for Porter, I'm really not sure. I would guess around $6M per, but some team could over value him and offer more. Of course, he could accept a one year deal like Wright or Tulloch for a lot less too. He's a tough one to figure out.

I agree. Personally out of the group I would take Porter at $6 mill over all of them. I would go as high as $8 mill on him. I think he's a really solid, complete type of player, and he's young. I would expect Porter to beat out Houston, but even if he couldn't he would be a really really solid #2. I expect Avril to get $9+. I really would rather sign Carr or Porter over Avril, and Tag and trade Avril.

February 21st, 2012, 6:22 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

I agree. Personally out of the group I would take Porter at $6 mill over all of them. I would go as high as $8 mill on him. I think he's a really solid, complete type of player, and he's young. I would expect Porter to beat out Houston, but even if he couldn't he would be a really really solid #2. I expect Avril to get $9+. I really would rather sign Carr or Porter over Avril, and Tag and trade Avril.

+1

February 22nd, 2012, 11:09 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

+1

+2

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm
Hall of Fame Player

My FA wish list:

Brandon Carr - simply the best fit for what we want in a CB. Has ties to Gunny.

Dashon Goldson - 6 INT's from a Safety is pretty darned good. And it weakens the 49ers who are quickly rising up my list of most hated teams.

Carl Nicks - Excellent young OG. Saints have too many other areas to pay the piper.

I know we probably can't afford any 1 of them. Let alone all 3. But Carr and Goldson instantly fix our Defensive backfield for the next 4 years.

And Nicks locks down RG for the next 6 years.

February 22nd, 2012, 9:16 pm
BillySims wrote:
My FA wish list:

Brandon Carr - simply the best fit for what we want in a CB. Has ties to Gunny.

Dashon Goldson - 6 INT's from a Safety is pretty darned good. And it weakens the 49ers who are quickly rising up my list of most hated teams.

Carl Nicks - Excellent young OG. Saints have too many other areas to pay the piper.

I know we probably can't afford any 1 of them. Let alone all 3. But Carr and Goldson instantly fix our Defensive backfield for the next 4 years.

And Nicks locks down RG for the next 6 years.

I think we can get any one of those guys, other than Nicks. I think the Saints keep Nicks and let Tracy Porter walk. That said, Carr is probably going to get more than he's worth. I'd rather get Porter. We'd have the two best CB's that we've had in decades (or perhaps ever) with those two guys, Porter should be reasonable, and we can sign him to a long term deal (I think he's only 26).

February 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Varsity Captain

FYI, you're not getting Goldson. He was franchised. You coulda had him last year though, we didn't want him. We started the season without him, and he came crawling back to us. Now he's ours forEVER! muwuahahhaah!.....

You could get Carlos Rogers though.... damnit! :x ](*,)

March 8th, 2012, 4:33 pm
I wanted Gholston too. I wish we would have picked him up. He would be nice insurance for the Avril situation right about now.

Tracy Porter is my top FA target. I don't think we'll get him, but I think he'll cost about 30% less than Carr or Finnegan, he's young, he's a very good, solid player, and we could lock him up for a number of years at a fairly cap friendly price. Aaron Ross would be my #2 FA target. I would prefer we don't go into the season planning on starting a rookie CB at #1 or #2, but that's just me.

March 8th, 2012, 4:42 pm

I'm starting to think that the Lions will end up with Wright and Houston again. No Carr. No Finnegan. No Porter. No 1st round pick. It is what it is.

March 10th, 2012, 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next