View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 1:17 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Brandon Carr anyone? 
Author Message
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Posts: 430
Post Brandon Carr anyone?
Look like Chiefs are going to let him go to free agency by signing Routt. Thoughts?

_________________
The REAL "Lion King" and father to Simba


February 20th, 2012, 6:01 pm
Profile
QB Coach

Joined: January 13th, 2006, 4:18 am
Posts: 3216
Location: Maryland
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
He'll be too expensive for us to get. Be nice to have a young up and coming corner but he'll be getting at least 10M a year probably more like 12.


February 21st, 2012, 2:38 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2311
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
Why are corners so expensive? I mean, I know a true shut down corner is tough to find, but I keep seeing $10M amounts being thrown around for decent players.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 21st, 2012, 9:36 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Why are corners so expensive? I mean, I know a true shut down corner is tough to find, but I keep seeing $10M amounts being thrown around for decent players.


Because of the ever changing rules in the NFL that make it even more difficult for a defensive player to be able to cover a quality receiver without getting flagged. There are now four positions that are held in higher asteem than any others, and it all has to do with the passing game. He who passes the ball, he who protects the passer, he who rushes the passer, and he who covers the target for the passer. One could say an elite receiver would be on that list as well.

Brandon Carr is certainly not Darrelle Revis, Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson (in their youths), but he's a pretty solid corner and would be better than anyone we have on our roster right now. But I don't think I'd pay him $10M per season, even if we had the money. I'd cap him at about $8M per season.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 21st, 2012, 10:37 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
Out of all the FA CBs, I'd take Brandon Carr over all of them, but as M2K said, he'll probably be too expensive. Even Finnegan will probably be out of the Lions' price range, so they may be forced to sign a 2nd/3rd tier guy or draft a CB early.

_________________
Image


February 21st, 2012, 5:58 pm
Profile
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
slybri19 wrote:
Out of all the FA CBs, I'd take Brandon Carr over all of them, but as M2K said, he'll probably be too expensive. Even Finnegan will probably be out of the Lions' price range, so they may be forced to sign a 2nd/3rd tier guy or draft a CB early.



What do you think Carr will bring salary wise? And what do you think Porter will cost? I'd love to land one of them, especially if we can get one of them for Avril's projected would-be salary.


February 21st, 2012, 6:01 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
Carr should get Jonathan Joseph money of $10M per year. I also think Finnegan will get close to that as well. As for Porter, I'm really not sure. I would guess around $6M per, but some team could over value him and offer more. Of course, he could accept a one year deal like Wright or Tulloch for a lot less too. He's a tough one to figure out.

_________________
Image


February 21st, 2012, 6:11 pm
Profile
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
slybri19 wrote:
Carr should get Jonathan Joseph money of $10M per year. I also think Finnegan will get close to that as well. As for Porter, I'm really not sure. I would guess around $6M per, but some team could over value him and offer more. Of course, he could accept a one year deal like Wright or Tulloch for a lot less too. He's a tough one to figure out.



I agree. Personally out of the group I would take Porter at $6 mill over all of them. I would go as high as $8 mill on him. I think he's a really solid, complete type of player, and he's young. I would expect Porter to beat out Houston, but even if he couldn't he would be a really really solid #2. I expect Avril to get $9+. I really would rather sign Carr or Porter over Avril, and Tag and trade Avril.


February 21st, 2012, 6:22 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Carr should get Jonathan Joseph money of $10M per year. I also think Finnegan will get close to that as well. As for Porter, I'm really not sure. I would guess around $6M per, but some team could over value him and offer more. Of course, he could accept a one year deal like Wright or Tulloch for a lot less too. He's a tough one to figure out.



I agree. Personally out of the group I would take Porter at $6 mill over all of them. I would go as high as $8 mill on him. I think he's a really solid, complete type of player, and he's young. I would expect Porter to beat out Houston, but even if he couldn't he would be a really really solid #2. I expect Avril to get $9+. I really would rather sign Carr or Porter over Avril, and Tag and trade Avril.


+1

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


February 22nd, 2012, 11:09 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Carr should get Jonathan Joseph money of $10M per year. I also think Finnegan will get close to that as well. As for Porter, I'm really not sure. I would guess around $6M per, but some team could over value him and offer more. Of course, he could accept a one year deal like Wright or Tulloch for a lot less too. He's a tough one to figure out.



I agree. Personally out of the group I would take Porter at $6 mill over all of them. I would go as high as $8 mill on him. I think he's a really solid, complete type of player, and he's young. I would expect Porter to beat out Houston, but even if he couldn't he would be a really really solid #2. I expect Avril to get $9+. I really would rather sign Carr or Porter over Avril, and Tag and trade Avril.


+1


+2

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


February 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
My FA wish list:

Brandon Carr - simply the best fit for what we want in a CB. Has ties to Gunny.

Dashon Goldson - 6 INT's from a Safety is pretty darned good. And it weakens the 49ers who are quickly rising up my list of most hated teams.

Carl Nicks - Excellent young OG. Saints have too many other areas to pay the piper.

I know we probably can't afford any 1 of them. Let alone all 3. But Carr and Goldson instantly fix our Defensive backfield for the next 4 years.

And Nicks locks down RG for the next 6 years.


February 22nd, 2012, 9:16 pm
Profile
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
BillySims wrote:
My FA wish list:

Brandon Carr - simply the best fit for what we want in a CB. Has ties to Gunny.

Dashon Goldson - 6 INT's from a Safety is pretty darned good. And it weakens the 49ers who are quickly rising up my list of most hated teams.

Carl Nicks - Excellent young OG. Saints have too many other areas to pay the piper.

I know we probably can't afford any 1 of them. Let alone all 3. But Carr and Goldson instantly fix our Defensive backfield for the next 4 years.

And Nicks locks down RG for the next 6 years.



I think we can get any one of those guys, other than Nicks. I think the Saints keep Nicks and let Tracy Porter walk. That said, Carr is probably going to get more than he's worth. I'd rather get Porter. We'd have the two best CB's that we've had in decades (or perhaps ever) with those two guys, Porter should be reasonable, and we can sign him to a long term deal (I think he's only 26).


February 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
FYI, you're not getting Goldson. He was franchised. You coulda had him last year though, we didn't want him. We started the season without him, and he came crawling back to us. Now he's ours forEVER! muwuahahhaah!.....

You could get Carlos Rogers though.... damnit! :x ](*,)

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


March 8th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Profile
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
I wanted Gholston too. I wish we would have picked him up. He would be nice insurance for the Avril situation right about now.

Tracy Porter is my top FA target. I don't think we'll get him, but I think he'll cost about 30% less than Carr or Finnegan, he's young, he's a very good, solid player, and we could lock him up for a number of years at a fairly cap friendly price. Aaron Ross would be my #2 FA target. I would prefer we don't go into the season planning on starting a rookie CB at #1 or #2, but that's just me.


March 8th, 2012, 4:42 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Brandon Carr anyone?
I'm starting to think that the Lions will end up with Wright and Houston again. No Carr. No Finnegan. No Porter. No 1st round pick. It is what it is.

_________________
Image


March 10th, 2012, 11:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.