View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 6:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday? 
Author Message
Post Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
I'm a bit torn. I'm definitely in the "anyone but Romney" camp, but I really believe that Newt is the ONLY electable candidate of the top four. IMO Mitt is "Obama Lite," and Santorum is bat sh!t crazy. Once he's fully vetted and the nonsense comes out about him, I think his #'s are going to plummet.

Everyone knows Newts dirty laundry, and there's not much in there that can't be explained or over-looked, or compensated with a good record from his prior term(s) in office. I want to vote for Newt (and I think I'm going to), but I'm considering voting for Santorum (and pushing other people to do so as well, as a mechanism to not let Romney win Michigan.

I believe that anyone can vote in Michigan's primary, but they're asking if you're a Republican or Independent this year, and you have to say that you're a Republican to get a "Republican ticket" from what I was told. I'm not quite sure if that means that the "other" tickets won't be counted, but I wanted to pass on the info that I heard at City Hall. It's kind of weird, and it's kind of been a "hush hush" sort of thing.


February 21st, 2012, 2:41 pm
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
Santorum may be "crazy" as you say, but he's speaking the words and demonstrating the character that most evangelicals wish to hear, and so if that sleeping giant wakes up, he could be a very viable candidate, especially against the evil we have in office now. I'm not judging the current POTUS, but I am inspecting his fruit, and it shows:

1. he's a baby killer (extremely pro-abortion)
2. he's a Constitution killer
3. he doesn't listen to his people (the American people)

So by that comparison it would be a huge good vs. evil run off. Having said that I like Newt/ but I like Santorum too. Santorum has the integrity and grit, and Newt has the smarts, and stones to correct everything already done by the corruption.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


February 21st, 2012, 4:20 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
Of course I'm voting next week and I'm gonna stick with Newt. However, I am sorta tempted to vote for Santorum since he has a decent chance of beating Mittens in Michigan. Anything that would make the Establishment's head explode is a good thing. :D

_________________
Image


February 21st, 2012, 4:29 pm
Profile
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
slybri19 wrote:
Of course I'm voting next week and I'm gonna stick with Newt. However, I am sorta tempted to vote for Santorum since he has a decent chance of beating Mittens in Michigan. Anything that would make the Establishment's head explode is a good thing. :D



That's where I am Sly. If Newt is more than 10 points behind his next closest opponent, I think I'm going to vote for Santorum. I can't stand Romney, and I'd HATE for him to be Obama's opponent.


February 21st, 2012, 4:35 pm
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12137
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
I'm not allowed to vote in AZ as I'm registered Independent. If I was able to vote, I'm sure you all know who it would be for :wink:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


February 21st, 2012, 4:42 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2692
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I was going to wear my "End the Fed" T-shirt, but I figure if I do, my vote will be torn up as soon as I'm done. You know, because I actually want to vote anti-establishment, not pretend anti-establishment like a vote for career Republican senator Santorum or former Republican Speaker of the House Gingrich.


February 21st, 2012, 8:56 pm
Profile
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
Blueskies wrote:
I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I was going to wear my "End the Fed" T-shirt, but I figure if I do, my vote will be torn up as soon as I'm done. You know, because I actually want to vote anti-establishment, not pretend anti-establishment like a vote for career Republican senator Santorum or former Republican Speaker of the House Gingrich.


1) I want my vote to count for something other than a symbolic gesture.

2) I'd like to vote for someone that actually has a chance to win.

3) I'd love to vote anti-establishment, but the only anti-estab candidate is bat poop crazy.


February 21st, 2012, 9:12 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2692
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
I refer you to the wisdom of the late, great George Carlin:



February 21st, 2012, 9:13 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
Blueskies wrote:
I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I was going to wear my "End the Fed" T-shirt, but I figure if I do, my vote will be torn up as soon as I'm done. You know, because I actually want to vote anti-establishment, not pretend anti-establishment like a vote for career Republican senator Santorum or former Republican Speaker of the House Gingrich.


And how many years has Ron Paul been in the House of Reps again? :D

_________________
Image


February 22nd, 2012, 12:38 am
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
Doesn't Ron Paul have some issues with racism in his background? Supposedly there are some letters and paper work with his name on them that are pretty racist. I'm just passing along a little thing I read, and don't know much about it.

If true, it's not going to bode well for him in the urban areas, where government dependency is the key to life.

Even Ron Paul, who is closest to Santorum in consistency and clarity of image, carries the baggage of sickening racist and anti-Semitic newsletters that once carried his name.

from the Star Parker article in the Santorum thread....

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


February 22nd, 2012, 9:21 am
Profile
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3137
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Doesn't Ron Paul have some issues with racism in his background? Supposedly there are some letters and paper work with his name on them that are pretty racist. I'm just passing along a little thing I read, and don't know much about it.

If true, it's not going to bode well for him in the urban areas, where government dependency is the key to life.

Even Ron Paul, who is closest to Santorum in consistency and clarity of image, carries the baggage of sickening racist and anti-Semitic newsletters that once carried his name.

from the Star Parker article in the Santorum thread....

This has been answered many times over. It wasn't written by him, and he has said many times that he disavows the offensive material. The official quote from his campaign was:

"Dr. Paul has assumed responsibility, apologized for his lack of oversight and disavowed the offensive material,"

When I first heard about this a couple years ago, I had a real problem with it. But once I had time to look into it, I saw that it was a case of him not having enough oversight and making a mistake. I can forgive that and take him at his word. Also, his actions over his career do not show any racist of anti-Semetic tendencies, so his actions do appear to support his own words.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


February 22nd, 2012, 9:48 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I was going to wear my "End the Fed" T-shirt, but I figure if I do, my vote will be torn up as soon as I'm done. You know, because I actually want to vote anti-establishment, not pretend anti-establishment like a vote for career Republican senator Santorum or former Republican Speaker of the House Gingrich.


1) I want my vote to count for something other than a symbolic gesture.

2) I'd like to vote for someone that actually has a chance to win.

3) I'd love to vote anti-establishment, but the only anti-estab candidate is bat poop crazy.



Im sorry WJB but i HATE the way your going to vote....

what you REALLY said: I dont want to vote for my favorite guy...I want to vote for who everyone else is voting for. I dont want to speak with my own voice..I want to blend in. you may not realize it...but tahts EXACTLY what you say with #1 and #2

Aloso you may not realize it but that line of thinking is also saying: I dont REALLY want things to change....I just want to complain about things as they already are.

Now if one of these other guys is your favorite that changes things. but if the reasons you are voting the way your are voting are strickly based off of reason #1 and #2...then I hate to say it but you my friend are part of the problem...not the solution.


it's fear based voting.....the establishment wins!

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 22nd, 2012, 11:33 am
Profile
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
regularjoe12 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I was going to wear my "End the Fed" T-shirt, but I figure if I do, my vote will be torn up as soon as I'm done. You know, because I actually want to vote anti-establishment, not pretend anti-establishment like a vote for career Republican senator Santorum or former Republican Speaker of the House Gingrich.


1) I want my vote to count for something other than a symbolic gesture.

2) I'd like to vote for someone that actually has a chance to win.

3) I'd love to vote anti-establishment, but the only anti-estab candidate is bat poop crazy.



Im sorry WJB but i HATE the way your going to vote....

what you REALLY said: I dont want to vote for my favorite guy...I want to vote for who everyone else is voting for. I dont want to speak with my own voice..I want to blend in. you may not realize it...but tahts EXACTLY what you say with #1 and #2

Aloso you may not realize it but that line of thinking is also saying: I dont REALLY want things to change....I just want to complain about things as they already are.

Now if one of these other guys is your favorite that changes things. but if the reasons you are voting the way your are voting are strickly based off of reason #1 and #2...then I hate to say it but you my friend are part of the problem...not the solution.


it's fear based voting.....the establishment wins!



RJ - I think your speaking with the idea that there's a chance in hell that I would vote for the available "third party candidate" - Ron Paul. You're mistakin'.

My "favorite" is Newt Gingrich, hands down. He is the person that I want to win the Presidency, period. He is my candidate. I would CONSIDER voting for Santorum in the primary if Newt is so far behind that he couldn't sniff the leader board, because I absolutely can't stand Romney. IMO Romney is a joke, and he's Barry O (Barak Obama) lite.


February 22nd, 2012, 3:03 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3818
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
I have nothing but love and respect for that reply. but certainly you see how that was not what you were saying in those 2 responses.

if the best guy is 3rd party...thats who you(and anyone else) should vote for. It doesn't matter if he wins or loses...whats important is your 1 vote..your one voice...gets heard. If people stop fear based voting you will see the likelyhoood of a 3rd party candidate competeing rise.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 22nd, 2012, 3:37 pm
Profile
Post Re: Who's voting, and for whom this Tuesday?
regularjoe12 wrote:
I have nothing but love and respect for that reply. but certainly you see how that was not what you were saying in those 2 responses.

if the best guy is 3rd party...thats who you(and anyone else) should vote for. It doesn't matter if he wins or loses...whats important is your 1 vote..your one voice...gets heard. If people stop fear based voting you will see the likelyhoood of a 3rd party candidate competeing rise.


I agree with you whole heartedly. I would have voted for Cain if he was able... \:D/


February 22nd, 2012, 3:50 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.