View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Draft Predictions. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Draft Predictions.
Post your draft predictions here.

I predict that there will be 3 QB's ( Luck, RG3, Tannehill) taken in the first 10 picks. And a 4th QB ( Weeden) will be picked before we draft.

February 17th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Draft Predictions.
I predict that BillySims will be pissed off no matter whom the Lions draft since that's what he does. History is on my side and I dare you to dispute it. 8)

February 18th, 2012, 3:15 am
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
I predict that BillySims will be pissed off no matter whom the Lions draft since that's what he does. History is on my side and I dare you to dispute it. 8)

I actually have not followed the draft prospects until the last couple weeks of the season this year. So, I don't have any emotional attachments. I was too busy just ENJOYING a Lions season for once.

I don't want an O-lineman. But, heck, if they draft an O-lineman, then maybe sometime in the next decade, we can get our defense up to snuff.

Basically, while Mayhew and Schwartz haven't drafted the guy I wanted, their picks have worked out. So, I am not going to get tied into knots this year.

February 18th, 2012, 10:13 am
RIP Killer

I believe some team will draft up to get RG3 by pick four. I don't think Tannehill goes in the top ten, but it is a possibility. Weeden, at 28 years old, would be lucky to get selected in round one. He may not even be the fourth QB off the board. Brock Osweiler, Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles could all go ahead of him, since they still are developing players and Weeden is seen more as a finished, this is what you are going to get type of player. I think Weeden is a player who gets taken by a team who needs a strong backup QB that doesn't need much development time. I could see Jacksonville possibly using a second rounder on Weeden to push Blaine Gabbert, and give them an option in case Gabbert continues to struggle.

I think Osweiler and Cousins go ahead of Weeden, and Foles goes just after Weeden. None of those will go ahead of the Lions pick in round one.

February 20th, 2012, 12:32 pm
Team MVP

Depending on how FA works out, I predict Washington to be the team to trade up for RGIII, not Cleveland. And I also predict my mock draft to be more accurate than Mel Kipers once again. :D

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 20th, 2012, 4:32 pm
League MVP

I think there will be 4 1st rd QBs - Luck/RGIII/Tannehill/Osweiler

February 22nd, 2012, 12:22 am
League MVP

m2k - i cant see cousins going higher than foles. cousins was slightly better in college but foles has better overall skills, size - have to think that he will be the better pro. cousins for how smart he allegedly is, made poor decisions under pressure all 3 seasons he started - foles from what ive seen knows not to run out bounds for loss when flushed out of the pocket or scramble to take a sack instead of throwing it away.

February 22nd, 2012, 12:27 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Cousins is a head case and I'd love it if some team on our schedule names him a starter.

Predictions:Was does everything they can to nab RG3
MN passes on Kalil to draft the best WR from the combine if they don't trade the pick to SEA(RG3)
Ryan Broyles will be a 6th round steal for someone
Travis Lewis will be a steal for us
I predict most of us to join the Josh Norman fan club by day 2(How awesome would it be to end up with Dre Kirkpatrick and Josh Norman).
The Raiders will draft the fastest guy in the combine
No Safety will go before the 45th pick

February 22nd, 2012, 1:19 am
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
Cousins is a head case and I'd love it if some team on our schedule names him a starter.

MN passes on Kalil to draft the best WR from the combine if they don't trade the pick to SEA(RG3)
I predict most of us to join the Josh Norman fan club by day 2(How awesome would it be to end up with Dre Kirkpatrick and Josh Norman).

You apparently know nothing about Kirk Cousins.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 22nd, 2012, 8:21 am
I think there will be at least one safety (Barron) taken before the 45th pick, and maybe three depending on where NFL teams want to play players like Lavonte David and Dre Kirkpatrick. On every prospect ranking I've seen Barron is at least in the top 30, and there are plenty of teams that need safety help. I'm not fond of his coverage skills, so I'd prefer we pass on him, but that's just me. He'll I'd even take him at 34-36 (about where we took Delmas, who, IMO isn't as good).

That said, I think we're going to draft Mike Adams if he's available. I really don't see us getting Gaither, and I see us doing something dumb like letting Backus go and starting Adams his first year. I find this move dumb because it's going to make the team WORSE in the short-term, and IMO that's exactly what we don't need. We need to polish the team we have as much as possible, make our run, and revamp our attempt (not rebuild, just revamp) if it doesn't work out. We need to make a strong push with this squad to actually go all-in and try to win a SB, and NOT "plan for the future" right now. It's maddening, because Kontz allows us to do both (plan for the future AND get better), but I can't seem to convince people of that.

I'm not a huge Adams fan. I think he can be good, but I think he's going to make rookie mistakes and get abused by Peppers and others. I think he's going to open the door to getting Stafford killed. I was hoping for a LT prospect to groom last year, and I don't think Corey Hilliard or Culbreath are going to be able to step in and play effectively. I'm pissed off about the mismanagement of our offensive line, but apparently its just me. Everyone else thinks its "peachy" and we should draft a CB or DE.

IMO we should re-sign Backus, as much as I hate to say it. If we can get Gaither, that's great, but I don't like our chances - cap problems and other suitors will preclude our involvement, IMO. Fix the interior of the OL, and draft a LT in the 3rd-5th round to groom for next year.

February 22nd, 2012, 3:39 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I think there will be at least one safety (Barron) taken before the 45th pick, and maybe three depending on where NFL teams want to play players like Lavonte David and Dre Kirkpatrick. On every prospect ranking I've seen Barron is at least in the top 30, and there are plenty of teams that need safety help. I'm not fond of his coverage skills, so I'd prefer we pass on him, but that's just me. He'll I'd even take him at 34-36 (about where we took Delmas, who, IMO isn't as good).

That said, I think we're going to draft Mike Adams if he's available. I really don't see us getting Gaither, and I see us doing something dumb like letting Backus go and starting Adams his first year. I find this move dumb because it's going to make the team WORSE in the short-term, and IMO that's exactly what we don't need. We need to polish the team we have as much as possible, make our run, and revamp our attempt (not rebuild, just revamp) if it doesn't work out. We need to make a strong push with this squad to actually go all-in and try to win a SB, and NOT "plan for the future" right now. It's maddening, because Kontz allows us to do both (plan for the future AND get better), but I can't seem to convince people of that.

I'm not a huge Adams fan. I think he can be good, but I think he's going to make rookie mistakes and get abused by Peppers and others. I think he's going to open the door to getting Stafford killed. I was hoping for a LT prospect to groom last year, and I don't think Corey Hilliard or Culbreath are going to be able to step in and play effectively. I'm pissed off about the mismanagement of our offensive line, but apparently its just me. Everyone else thinks its "peachy" and we should draft a CB or DE.IMO we should re-sign Backus, as much as I hate to say it. If we can get Gaither, that's great, but I don't like our chances - cap problems and other suitors will preclude our involvement, IMO. Fix the interior of the OL, and draft a LT in the 3rd-5th round to groom for next year.

Im curious as to who on this board has ever stated they want CB or DE?

February 22nd, 2012, 4:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

And he doesn't yet realize that the Raiders don't have any picks except their 5th and 6th rounders this year. And that Al is dead. LOL.

February 22nd, 2012, 8:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I'm not a huge Adams fan. I think he can be good, but I think he's going to make rookie mistakes and get abused by Peppers and others. I think he's going to open the door to getting Stafford killed. I was hoping for a LT prospect to groom last year, and I don't think Corey Hilliard or Culbreath are going to be able to step in and play effectively. I'm pissed off about the mismanagement of our offensive line, but apparently its just me. Everyone else thinks its "peachy" and we should draft a CB or DE.IMO we should re-sign Backus, as much as I hate to say it. If we can get Gaither, that's great, but I don't like our chances - cap problems and other suitors will preclude our involvement, IMO. Fix the interior of the OL, and draft a LT in the 3rd-5th round to groom for next year.

Im curious as to who on this board has ever stated they want CB or DE?

I have stated that I want a CB. Because did you see the last 2 games we played? Pathetic.
But, I think I am on board with going OT in the 1st if the Stanford kid is there for us. Why the switch? I am thinking the Bears are going full bore after Mario Williams. Can you imagine having Peppers and Williams coming at you from each side?

February 22nd, 2012, 8:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

And he doesn't yet realize that the Raiders don't have any picks except their 5th and 6th rounders this year. And that Al is dead. LOL.

I have seen Cousins play a bunch of times and I just don't like his game. If you like him, than good for you.

Billy, I had'nt realized the Raiders were so low on picks(though they can still draft the fastest guy). And of course I knew Al was dead, no need to be a smart alec. They are just predictions, it's not that serious

February 22nd, 2012, 8:55 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Killwill25 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

I have seen Cousins play a bunch of times and I just don't like his game. If you like him, than good for you.

Billy, I had'nt realized the Raiders were so low on picks(though they can still draft the fastest guy). And of course I knew Al was dead, no need to be a smart alec. They are just predictions, it's not that serious

And I was joking with you. Thus the LOL.

February 22nd, 2012, 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next