View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 My lios draft 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: My lios draft
I still think ricardo silva could push for some playing time if we dont draft a Safety or sign one in FA.

February 19th, 2012, 2:40 am
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
I still think ricardo silva could push for some playing time if we dont draft a Safety or sign one in FA.

He can push Spievey, but I don't think he's the answer. Silva didn't impress me that much on the occasions when he did play. The Lions have to address that position in the draft or FA, or this team will suffer in 2012.

February 20th, 2012, 12:25 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

He can push Spievey, but I don't think he's the answer. Silva didn't impress me that much on the occasions when he did play. The Lions have to address that position in the draft or FA, or this team will suffer in 2012.

+1

February 20th, 2012, 12:49 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Questions for allenslions. How accurate are all the bigboards you find posted at draft sites? Are any more accurate than others?

February 20th, 2012, 12:52 pm
League MVP

im not sure silva even played one snap on defense. he played some special teams but even in games where rashied davis played corner, i looked for silva and couldnt find him on tape. in preseason silva was excellent but mostly vs backup/camp players - difficult to judge how that projects although he did stand out.

February 22nd, 2012, 12:30 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The Legend wrote:
im not sure silva even played one snap on defense. he played some special teams but even in games where rashied davis played corner, i looked for silva and couldnt find him on tape. in preseason silva was excellent but mostly vs backup/camp players - difficult to judge how that projects although he did stand out.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ricardosilva/2530987/profile
RECENT GAMESMORE
WK OPP RESULT Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
15 @OAK W 28-27 2 1 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0
16 SD W 38-10 1 1 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

Those could be just special teams, but I'm pretty sure I remember his name being mentioned on defense when I listened on the radio.

February 22nd, 2012, 12:54 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
The Legend wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/player/ricardosilva/2530987/profile
RECENT GAMESMORE
WK OPP RESULT Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
15 @OAK W 28-27 2 1 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0
16 SD W 38-10 1 1 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

Those could be just special teams, but I'm pretty sure I remember his name being mentioned on defense when I listened on the radio.

Yes, he did play some defensive snaps. I remember clearly seeing him playing, and hearing his name called, on defense not special teams.

February 22nd, 2012, 1:29 pm
m2karateman wrote:
I'd like that draft as well, but many pundits are anticipating Barron going as high as #16 to the Jets, or possibly even to Tennessee at #20 if they lose Michael Griffin in free agency.

Vinny Curry is a pick I like as well. I agree that Willie Young is strictly a pass rusher, and LoJack didn't really impress too much this year. If he's on the board when the Lions pick in round two (pick #54), he'd surely be a value pick at that spot. He's listed as a late second rounder on many website Big Boards right now, but I think his value is better than that. I've seen some sites listing him as a first rounder, though, so his value is all over the place. I saw a couple Marshall games, and he stood out.

Josh Norman I have no knowledge of. I know he's got good size, and I saw him listed as a sleeper prospect somewhere. Other than that...I got nothing. I hope he's a Combine invitee.

I didn't realize the Lions were getting a sixth for Polumbus. I knew the pick was conditional, but didn't realize he played enough to warrant a sixth round pick. Another waiver wire coup for Martin Mayhew.

I think Curry will definitely be a first round pick, or early second at worst.

I know Young WAS purely a pass rushing DE, but so was Avril at that point in his career. Remember, he's still young and he should be packing on Lbs, just like Avril. He's currently listed at 6'4" 251, if he can gain 10-15 lbs and get into the upper 260s, lower 270s, even if he loses some speed I think he can be a solid over-all DE. IF we upgrade our secondary with someone like Porter/Carr/Ross, I wouldn't mind going into next season with Young as our DE on passing downs. KVB and Lojack on 1st and 2nd down, and swap out KVB for Young on passing downs.

February 22nd, 2012, 3:49 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I'd like that draft as well, but many pundits are anticipating Barron going as high as #16 to the Jets, or possibly even to Tennessee at #20 if they lose Michael Griffin in free agency.

Vinny Curry is a pick I like as well. I agree that Willie Young is strictly a pass rusher, and LoJack didn't really impress too much this year. If he's on the board when the Lions pick in round two (pick #54), he'd surely be a value pick at that spot. He's listed as a late second rounder on many website Big Boards right now, but I think his value is better than that. I've seen some sites listing him as a first rounder, though, so his value is all over the place. I saw a couple Marshall games, and he stood out.

Josh Norman I have no knowledge of. I know he's got good size, and I saw him listed as a sleeper prospect somewhere. Other than that...I got nothing. I hope he's a Combine invitee.

I didn't realize the Lions were getting a sixth for Polumbus. I knew the pick was conditional, but didn't realize he played enough to warrant a sixth round pick. Another waiver wire coup for Martin Mayhew.

I think Curry will definitely be a first round pick, or early second at worst.

I know Young WAS purely a pass rushing DE, but so was Avril at that point in his career. Remember, he's still young and he should be packing on Lbs, just like Avril. He's currently listed at 6'4" 251, if he can gain 10-15 lbs and get into the upper 260s, lower 270s, even if he loses some speed I think he can be a solid over-all DE. IF we upgrade our secondary with someone like Porter/Carr/Ross, I wouldn't mind going into next season with Young as our DE on passing downs. KVB and Lojack on 1st and 2nd down, and swap out KVB for Young on passing downs.

I agree about Young. I think he can evolve. His listed weight of 251 is what he was when the Lions drafted him. Looking at pictures of him then and now, you can see obvious muscle mass increase, so his weight must be more around the 260-265 mark. I'd prefer to see him get to the 270 mark or so, minimally, because I don't think it will impact his speed or quickness if he did that.

February 23rd, 2012, 12:08 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Young will get better over time. Jackson was the most productive on a per snap basis even with limited time and many forget he was coming off ankle surgery and with the shortened off season, definitely wasn't 100% last season. They all play into the depth. Avril is a good player, but he has to realize the depth was the reason he was as productive as he was, is due to that depth. None of them had a chance to get tired. You saw the dropoff when players started missing time to injuries.

If Avril leaves and they go DE, they're going to have a chance to be productive right away and stay fresh while doing so. You don't need a stud when you have a deep rotation.

February 23rd, 2012, 12:19 pm
Team MVP

njroar wrote:
Young will get better over time. Jackson was the most productive on a per snap basis even with limited time and many forget he was coming off ankle surgery and with the shortened off season, definitely wasn't 100% last season. They all play into the depth. Avril is a good player, but he has to realize the depth was the reason he was as productive as he was, is due to that depth. None of them had a chance to get tired. You saw the dropoff when players started missing time to injuries.

If Avril leaves and they go DE, they're going to have a chance to be productive right away and stay fresh while doing so. You don't need a stud when you have a deep rotation.

Agree.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 23rd, 2012, 1:17 pm
njroar wrote:

That's why I would rather let Avril walk and draft a DE, than sign Avril and draft a CB. It doesn't make sense. Same money, worse result. The FA CB is going to do MUCH better than drafted CB, and isn't going to make as many mistakes. The same isn't true about DE, and the mistakes that a rookie DE makes aren't as costly. It's a no-brainer to me...

Add in the fact that we could likely tag and trade Avril, and it's just all the more reason to do it, and a team needing a DE would be silly not to do it. There are plenty of first round DEs that never amounted to anything. A team trading us their first for Avril would be getting a bonafide double digit sack artist for the same price.

February 23rd, 2012, 4:28 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
njroar wrote:

That's why I would rather let Avril walk and draft a DE, than sign Avril and draft a CB. It doesn't make sense. Same money, worse result. The FA CB is going to do MUCH better than drafted CB, and isn't going to make as many mistakes. The same isn't true about DE, and the mistakes that a rookie DE makes aren't as costly. It's a no-brainer to me...

Add in the fact that we could likely tag and trade Avril, and it's just all the more reason to do it, and a team needing a DE would be silly not to do it. There are plenty of first round DEs that never amounted to anything. A team trading us their first for Avril would be getting a bonafide double digit sack artist for the same price.

I agree. And though I think that if we let Avril walk (or tag and trade) and draft a DE it wouldnt be a bad idea, but I dont think its 100% necessary either with Young pretty close to being ready to start.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 23rd, 2012, 5:34 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Back on topic, here goes my 1st attempt.

23-Cordy Glenn G/T Georgia
54-Bobby Wagner LB Utah State
85-Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina
117-Brandon Taylor S LSU
158-Tom Compton OT South Dakota
219-Bobby Rainey RB Western Kentucky
230-Danny Coale WR Virginia Tech

I would be pleased with this draft, but it never falls the way you hope. I was picking for need, except for the 1st round, went BPA there. My thinking was the top 3 corners would be gone and I don't know if the Lions want to take a chance on a questionable character player in Jenkins at 23. It is still my fervent hope the Lions trade back and acquire an extra pick or two.

April 6th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
Back on topic, here goes my 1st attempt.

23-Cordy Glenn G/T Georgia
54-Bobby Wagner LB Utah State
85-Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina
117-Brandon Taylor S LSU
158-Tom Compton OT South Dakota
219-Bobby Rainey RB Western Kentucky
230-Danny Coale WR Virginia Tech

I would be pleased with this draft, but it never falls the way you hope. I was picking for need, except for the 1st round, went BPA there. My thinking was the top 3 corners would be gone and I don't know if the Lions want to take a chance on a questionable character player in Jenkins at 23. It is still my fervent hope the Lions trade back and acquire an extra pick or two.

Id be good with this. In my opinion, i see no way Glenn falls to us. But ive been wrong many times before.

April 6th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next