View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Radical Idea. 

Would you do it?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 95%  95%  [ 20 ]
I don't know 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21

Radical Idea. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Radical Idea.
kdsberman wrote:
While I would much rather have a first round pick for Avril, i probably would take a 2nd and 4th. If anything else, we could use those to possibly move up.

It would depend. If you look at the draft pick value chart (I know, I know...but it's a decent guideline), the 20th pick is worth around 850 points. The Jaguars second and fourth round picks would be worth a combined total of 622, equivalent to the last pick in the first round or so.

Comparatively speaking, the value chart shows that the 20th overall pick is equivalent in value to the first and last picks in the second round.

Now, all that said, if the Jaguars were to offer their 2nd and 4th round picks to us for Avril, I'd take it. But that is ONLY if no other team is offering more, of course. If Tennessee has waived that first round pick in our face, I'd take that. Remember, while we could use the second and fourth rounders as ammunition to move up, we could likewise use the #20 pick as ammunition to secure more picks by trading back.

Oh, the possibilities.....

February 22nd, 2012, 2:31 pm
m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
While I would much rather have a first round pick for Avril, i probably would take a 2nd and 4th. If anything else, we could use those to possibly move up.

It would depend. If you look at the draft pick value chart (I know, I know...but it's a decent guideline), the 20th pick is worth around 850 points. The Jaguars second and fourth round picks would be worth a combined total of 622, equivalent to the last pick in the first round or so.

Comparatively speaking, the value chart shows that the 20th overall pick is equivalent in value to the first and last picks in the second round.

Now, all that said, if the Jaguars were to offer their 2nd and 4th round picks to us for Avril, I'd take it. But that is ONLY if no other team is offering more, of course. If Tennessee has waived that first round pick in our face, I'd take that. Remember, while we could use the second and fourth rounders as ammunition to move up, we could likewise use the #20 pick as ammunition to secure more picks by trading back.

Oh, the possibilities.....

I agree. I'd rather take a first rounder around pick 20. That would be perfect. Curry to replace Avril, Kontz to replace Paterman/Raiola next year, call it a draft. We could always use picks to move back up, but it sure would be nice to have everything fall into place as-is.

February 22nd, 2012, 4:04 pm
QB Coach

Since this tread was all about radical trades, I'll post this here. The Lions are trying to trade one of their players and it's someone you wouldn't expect.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-repo ... t/17442433

February 26th, 2012, 12:53 am
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Since this tread was all about radical trades, I'll post this here. The Lions are trying to trade one of their players and it's someone you wouldn't expect.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-repo ... t/17442433

Actually it doesn't surprise me. Smith has some market value as a nickel back, but I think the Lions feel they already have some one to play the nickel in Aaron Berry. Why pay Smith the money he's getting when Berry cost less and plays just as good? Some team may want to give Alfonso a shot at a starting job, but I think in Detroit that ship has sailed for him. When pressed into starting duty, he's come up well short of the mark. Now, if it was Chris Houston they were trying to trade, then I'd be shocked.

February 26th, 2012, 1:37 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I think everyone knows that I hate Smith and would be extremely happy if they could get a 7th round pick for the bum. Unfortunately, I think most teams know that he's a freelancer and won't bite. Just to reiterate, I hate that cumstain as if he were the spawn of Obama. Hate can't get any worse than that in my book, so deal with it.

February 26th, 2012, 5:11 am
Team MVP

If I were another team, I wouldnt trade a 6-pack for him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 26th, 2012, 11:51 am
League MVP

I have a hard time believing they will get much for Smith. He isnt good enough to be a reliable nickelback and even as a 4th CB he s questionable. He makes some big plays but with how badly he gets abused out there he has to make one big play a game to make up for it. Week 17 was a microcosm of his play during his tenure.

February 27th, 2012, 5:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

slybri19 wrote:
I think everyone knows that I hate Smith and would be extremely happy if they could get a 7th round pick for the bum. Unfortunately, I think most teams know that he's a freelancer and won't bite. Just to reiterate, I hate that cumstain as if he were the spawn of Obama. Hate can't get any worse than that in my book, so deal with it.

sorry I'm chiming in late but which Smith are you talking about?

February 28th, 2012, 4:08 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

sorry I'm chiming in late but which Smith are you talking about?

Alfonso Smith

February 28th, 2012, 4:32 pm
Hall of Fame Player

No.

February 29th, 2012, 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Killwill2, I was speaking of Alfonso Smith, as M2K said. I hate that guy and hope that the Lions can trade him for a jock strap or something.

I also wanted to add that I'm disappointed that BillySims hasn't chimed in regarding his Henne/Hart scheme he cooked up years ago. I'm sure that I didn't repeat it exactly how he spelled it out, so I was hoping for some clarification. Regardless, it was a classic. :lol:

March 10th, 2012, 11:48 pm
Veteran General Manager

slybri19 wrote:
Killwill2, I was speaking of Alfonso Smith, as M2K said. I hate that guy and hope that the Lions can trade him for a jock strap or something.

I also wanted to add that I'm disappointed that BillySims hasn't chimed in regarding his Henne/Hart scheme he cooked up years ago. I'm sure that I didn't repeat it exactly how he spelled it out, so I was hoping for some clarification. Regardless, it was a classic. :lol:

Regardless of the players that we could have drafted, The strategy of trading draft picks for 1 round improvements the following draft is a sound and proven strategy. The Patriots do it every stinking year. I guess I am as crazy as Bill Belicheck.

March 11th, 2012, 11:02 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Regardless of the players that we could have drafted, The strategy of trading draft picks for 1 round improvements the following draft is a sound and proven strategy. The Patriots do it every stinking year. I guess I am as crazy as Bill Belicheck.

Only if you take advantage of that move up. Lately the draft picks made by New England have failed to impress. And sooner or later, you have to do something with those collected picks.

Not every team that gets a first round pick next year in exchange for a second round this year doesn't always come out smelling like a rose. Trading a player on your roster for a first round pick is preferable to me, particularly when it is known that player has no interest in remaining here.

March 11th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3