View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Draft Predictions. 
Team MVP

Post Re: Draft Predictions.
sweetd20 wrote:
Most guys with longer arms usually put up lower numbers in the bench press, to me it's the most useless number that comes from the combine.

Agree.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 24th, 2012, 10:13 pm
RIP Killer

In 2010, Trent Williams only put up 23 benches, and he was taken top 10. In that same year, Anthony Davis put up 21 reps, and was taken top 20.

Analsysts and scouts have already been saying that Adams needs to work on his upper body strength. That being a known factor, he's still likely to go in the first round.

And now I see people going all nuts over David Molk with his 41 reps, and slamming Kontz because he only did 23 or something like that. Please....did any of you guys watch the Michigan games? Molk is OK, but you can't block anyone when you are face down on the ground (ask Raiola). He is slow to bring his hands up and allows defenders to get into his body very quickly. Last time I checked DTs in the NFL weigh north of 225 lbs.

Strength is a good to have, but not the factor which determines whether a lineman is going to be a success in the NFL. It's all about technique and using leverage.

February 25th, 2012, 1:56 pm
Team MVP

Love how Mayock has Cousins ranked #4 for QBs...BUT what does he know.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 26th, 2012, 6:41 pm
League MVP

cousins supposedly had a good showing today at the combine outthrowing most of the competition including foles. i disagree with someone earlier that said cousins is a head case. i think he has great intangibles but i am surprised that he seemed to have one of the better arms at the combine.

February 26th, 2012, 11:34 pm
David Molk is 6'1" 285ish. He is a very chesty guy, and he set out to break the all time record at bench pressing. Perhaps Molk should have focused more on his technique and lower 1/2 than his pecks, and he would be looking like a better prospect. Molk looks a LOT like Raiola, small (285), short (relatively speaking), with short arms. With short arms and a big chest he's pushing that weight about 12", with long arms and not being as chesty Konz is pushing that weight about 18", but that doesn't even tell the whole story.

VERY little of your chest muscles are used when you're blocking someone. Blocking has more to do with your core and legs than your chest. It's your ability to stay upright without getting bent backward (core) and your ability to keep your leverage and hold your ground (height and lower body strength).

Conveniently, Molk is passing on doing the lower body drills, as his poor foot is still hurt from the Sugar Bowl. IMO if he would have done lower body drills you would have seen that Konz is far superior where he needs to be.

Perhaps Konz doesn't have as strong of a chest because he works out properly the muscles that best correlate to proper and effective blocking? I just know that I am a "Michigan man" and that Konz is far superior to Molk.

February 28th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
David Molk is 6'1" 285ish. He is a very chesty guy, and he set out to break the all time record at bench pressing. Perhaps Molk should have focused more on his technique and lower 1/2 than his pecks, and he would be looking like a better prospect. Molk looks a LOT like Raiola, small (285), short (relatively speaking), with short arms. With short arms and a big chest he's pushing that weight about 12", with long arms and not being as chesty Konz is pushing that weight about 18", but that doesn't even tell the whole story.

VERY little of your chest muscles are used when you're blocking someone. Blocking has more to do with your core and legs than your chest. It's your ability to stay upright without getting bent backward (core) and your ability to keep your leverage and hold your ground (height and lower body strength).

Conveniently, Molk is passing on doing the lower body drills, as his poor foot is still hurt from the Sugar Bowl. IMO if he would have done lower body drills you would have seen that Konz is far superior where he needs to be.

Perhaps Konz doesn't have as strong of a chest because he works out properly the muscles that best correlate to proper and effective blocking? I just know that I am a "Michigan man" and that Konz is far superior to Molk.

I just gotta ask. Are you dating Konz or something? You seem to be defending him as if your in love with him. LOL.

February 28th, 2012, 5:21 pm
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I just gotta ask. Are you dating Konz or something? You seem to be defending him as if your in love with him. LOL.

It's the same point that I make in virtually every thread - I just see Konz as the only guy (in a position of need) that could likely be there when we draft that upgrades the team this year. He is also a great long-term solution to make our OL bigger (he's bigger than Raiola by 40lbs right now), stronger, younger, and he saves us around $5 million in cap space over two years. His versatility to this team is HUGE.

I wouldn't mind a WR, but everyone else on this site would go BANANAS if we drafted a wide out. Those are the two best values that I see on the board when we pick at positions that can help us win games NEXT YEAR. Other than that I see a bunch of projects, high risks, and busts.

February 28th, 2012, 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3