View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 6:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 shout out from indy 
Varsity 1st Team

Post shout out from indy
hey guys hows the combine looking on the tube?i cant wait to get this all finished up.its been rather disappointing on my end here as alot of guys just seemed to not show up.one good note for us lions fans as word around the combine are the jets are looking linebacker or oline now as the barron surgery has really scarred them off.also the lions staff was really impressed with doug martin.well i,ll give a better breakdown on everything thursday.

February 29th, 2012, 1:25 am
Team MVP

Post Re: shout out from indy
Thanks allenslions. Always good to hear from you.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 29th, 2012, 6:05 am
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
hey guys hows the combine looking on the tube?i cant wait to get this all finished up.its been rather disappointing on my end here as alot of guys just seemed to not show up.one good note for us lions fans as word around the combine are the jets are looking linebacker or oline now as the barron surgery has really scarred them off.also the lions staff was really impressed with doug martin.well i,ll give a better breakdown on everything thursday.

You think Lamar Miller goes before the Lions pick now? I have a feeling Cinci takes him before us....if they don't land Trent Richardson.

February 29th, 2012, 10:41 am
Varsity 1st Team

there is no way miller is gonna be there now.he has the size and speed to be a premiere back in the league.the good news is its a good bet barron will be there.

February 29th, 2012, 1:18 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
there is no way miller is gonna be there now.he has the size and speed to be a premiere back in the league.the good news is its a good bet barron will be there.

I like hearing that! Some say Barron is a reach at 23, but I'd be glad to take him at 23.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

February 29th, 2012, 2:50 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

kdsberman wrote:
allenslions wrote:

I like hearing that! Some say Barron is a reach at 23, but I'd be glad to take him at 23.

Agree, at least we'd be filling a HUGE need.

February 29th, 2012, 3:13 pm
RIP Killer

There are a number of players whom I wouldn't be upset with at #23, right now, who may be there when we choose.

Cordy Glenn
Peter Konz
Mark Barron
David Wilson (though I am not a big fan of taking another RB in round one)
Andre Branch (but it may be a bit of a reach)
Alfonzo Dennard (I think he was smooth during his position drills, and has a pretty good backpedal)

February 29th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
There are a number of players whom I wouldn't be upset with at #23, right now, who may be there when we choose.

Cordy Glenn
Peter Konz
Mark Barron
Alfonzo Dennard (I think he was smooth during his position drills, and has a pretty good backpedal)

Though I understand what you are saying, i am STILL having a hard time having any "want" for Dennard.

March 1st, 2012, 11:52 am
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Cordy Glenn
Peter Konz
Mark Barron

Though I understand what you are saying, i am STILL having a hard time having any "want" for Dennard.

Well, here's the thing. Dennard is a physical corner who can jam receivers at the line. When is the last time we had that? I can recall people always complaining that our corners are playing off too much and not disrupting the receivers coming off the line. Dennard has that kind of strength to do that. He didn't show well at the Senior Bowl because of the coverage restrictions during the game (can't press receivers). But in his workouts at the Combines, he seemed smoother than many others in his movements, and his 40 time was respectable (though I don't hold much store in that for CBs). I still think he's a slight reach at #23, but if all other players are off the board I like (highly improbable) then I wouldn't mind him being the pick. Stephon Gilmore looked good, but he's a scarecrow compared to Dennard.

March 1st, 2012, 1:34 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:

I kept an eye on the kid you mentioned, Janzen Jackson. I can see where he could become a pretty solid corner. I think he had a pretty decent workout. He might have pushed himself into a round four value, in my eyes.

March 1st, 2012, 1:36 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
allenslions wrote:

I kept an eye on the kid you mentioned, Janzen Jackson. I can see where he could become a pretty solid corner. I think he had a pretty decent workout. He might have pushed himself into a round four value, in my eyes.

Just watched it on the DVR finally, and I also can see how Janzen Jackson could be a pretty decent CB.

Im sure I might catch crap for this, but Im really liking Janoris Jenkins, but doubt he will be there at 23 anyway. BUT IF HE WAS........

March 1st, 2012, 5:52 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Your not alone kds, kid looks like he might be the most talented corner in this draft, imo.

March 1st, 2012, 7:30 pm
League MVP

Quote:

Cordy Glenn
Peter Konz
Mark Barron

mostly agree with your list

im starting to like glenn more than konz even though glenn projects as a guard and we re all pretty sure he s not drafting ol anyway let alone a guard. id be happy with either of them. barron i like though i dont think he s an immediate ed reed type of player - he should still play at a high level and we need help there. wilson i dont like at all. branch and dennard im okay with but am very impressed with DE Nick Perry.

March 1st, 2012, 8:59 pm
3rd Round Selection

With his combine performance Perry is pretty much a lock to go well before we pick (possibly even top 10).

There were certainly some good performers at the combine, hell I'm half tempted to want Stephen Hill (the WR from GA Tech). Problem is he won't be there in the second and I wouldn't want another WR in the first....although the thought of him playing across from CJ does make me salivate...maybe if we traded down...hmm...nah...still prolly not a good idea....then again...another 6'4 WR with a 4.3 40 certainly couldn't hurt Stafford...BAH...what am I saying....we can't ignore the defense any longer.

March 2nd, 2012, 3:08 am
Team MVP

Rob_Shadows wrote:
With his combine performance Perry is pretty much a lock to go well before we pick (possibly even top 10).

There were certainly some good performers at the combine, hell I'm half tempted to want Stephen Hill (the WR from GA Tech). Problem is he won't be there in the second and I wouldn't want another WR in the first....although the thought of him playing across from CJ does make me salivate...maybe if we traded down...hmm...nah...still prolly not a good idea....then again...another 6'4 WR with a 4.3 40 certainly couldn't hurt Stafford...BAH...what am I saying....we can't ignore the defense any longer.

If we go offense in the first 3 rounds, i say NONE of them can be WRs.

March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next