View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New Lions fan in the works! 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post New Lions fan in the works!
My gal and I just recieved a bit of great news. despite being a 2 times over cervical cancer survivor we have beaten the odds and managed to spawn! it's too early to know what we're having yet but we are both just overjoyed!

March 1st, 2012, 7:08 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Re: New Lions fan in the works!
Congrats!!!

March 1st, 2012, 7:58 pm
Modmin Dude

Awesome news!!! Congrats!!! Way to get 'er done! :wink:

March 1st, 2012, 9:03 pm
Veteran General Manager

God has truly blessed you.

March 1st, 2012, 9:07 pm
RIP Killer

Very cool and congrats. Hope all goes well for you and your gal, along with the baby. Let us know when the happy day occurs.

March 2nd, 2012, 10:15 am
QB Coach

Psalm 127: 3-5, "Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."

Be blessed with the new development, and enjoy this new adventure in your life. IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 2nd, 2012, 10:22 am
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
My gal and I just recieved a bit of great news. despite being a 2 times over cervical cancer survivor we have beaten the odds and managed to spawn! it's too early to know what we're having yet but we are both just overjoyed!

That is amazing Joe - congrats. No rush to find out the sex as this is one of lifes great surprises. The main thing is that mom and the baby are both healthy.

March 2nd, 2012, 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

As a recent new father I can tell you it's an amazing experience if you want it to be. Take in all the small things you can, my boy is only 6 months old but he's already growing up too fast for me. Congrats to you and your wife.

March 2nd, 2012, 11:43 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Congrats! Hope the mother and baby stay healthy.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 2nd, 2012, 1:06 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Congrats!!!!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

March 2nd, 2012, 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I was reading some of the other responses and a memory struck me that I wanted to share with you.

When my daughter, (now 8 ) was in the womb, I used to rub my hands on her mom's belly and tell her how much I love her and how excited I was to see her. Keep in mind, like Pablo, we didn't know what we were going to have, and I was happy either way. By the time she was 8 months in utero (sp?) when I would bend down and start talking to her and place my hands on her mom's belly, I could see scoot around so that I wound up scratching her little tooshy. It used to crack me up to see the little indentation of her rump pushed against my wife's belly so that I could scratch it. If I moved my hand to the other side, she'd flip around. We share these stories even today, and crack up over it. It is a precious time between husband and wife, and daddy and child. Soak it up, and let it change you from being a man, to being a dad! It's priceless, especially when so much of our society is so selfish.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 2nd, 2012, 3:03 pm

thanks guys! it's a lil overhwelming at the moment. One minute im all excited to have an excuse to build model rockets, go see cartoon movies without looking like "that creepy dude", trips to disney world. hell I get to go sledding again!

Then in the next minute I worry about trying to keep up. I may act like a child whenever possible but sadly im an older guy (pushin 40). I gave up on having kids and figured I'd just be one instead.

Now for the first time in 20+ years I have no idea what to expect for tomorrow and for once am not going to be in total conrol of my life. very exciting...and down right frightening as hell! lol

Thanks again gang for your well wishes and prayers. you guys are truely a great bunch a guys.

March 2nd, 2012, 5:42 pm

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

That is amazing Joe - congrats. No rush to find out the sex as this is one of lifes great surprises. The main thing is that mom and the baby are both healthy.

That is my one and only dominant thought. truth is I'd like a boy (cuz im lazy and boys are easier IMO) but as long as it's got 10 fingers and toes, and a mind taht works like it's supposed to I could care less about anything else. it's all just details beyond that. I can warp a girls mind just as well as a boy's

:twisted: MUHAHAhahahahahahaa :-$

March 2nd, 2012, 5:51 pm
RIP Killer

regularjoe12 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

That is my one and only dominant thought. truth is I'd like a boy (cuz im lazy and boys are easier IMO) but as long as it's got 10 fingers and toes, and a mind taht works like it's supposed to I could care less about anything else. it's all just details beyond that. I can warp a girls mind just as well as a boy's

:twisted: MUHAHAhahahahahahaa :-$

I grew up in a family of all boys and really wanted a little girl (at least until the teenage years hit). Funny thing is when you don't find out, every woman on the planet is an expert and can tell. I would say over 90% on my first was sure it was going to be a girl cause of the way she was carrying it or whatever crackball method they use to tell. They seemed so certain that I was convinced it was a girl. So when the baby came out with man parts I was shocked and had no boy name picked out. Lesson learned, for baby #2 I had a boy and girl name picked out.

Women will say they need to prepare for a boy or girl. Total BS. For the first few weeks you need to feed the baby and have diapers. There are plenty of nuetral clothes to go with and you can always add a blue or pink cap and pick up a few specific colored onzi's after birth. In addition, we went with animal themes which where pretty neutral so even if I had a girl our entire baby room didn't have pink puked all over it.

Other lesson learned, no mater how much it was a long shot to have your first (it took us about 5 years and plenty of doctors, etc.), the second one can come after the first night of reconnecting with your wife after baby #1. That why my two boys are basically twins.

Life will never be the same. I've got pictures at 7:30 AM tomorrow, I coach my oldes boys (Troy) soccer team at 9:00 AM, I coach my youngest boys (Lucas) soccer team at 12:30 PM, then I'm off to my oldest son's T-ball practice at 2:00 PM and quite frankly I don't remember what comes after that but I'm sure there will be one of their friends birthday parties or two. And that is just Saturday!!!

March 2nd, 2012, 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

Lol. Yeah the changes are going to be huge for me. I looked at the house with the thought of baby proofing the place and dear lord is my place not ready for children! The good news we have plenty of time to fix that but yeah....I see what yer talking about.

We actually have names for both a boy and girl picked out. She has always liked a certain name for a girl, and I always swore my first born would be named after my mentor from big brother big sisters. He never had children of his own and I figure this gives me a chance to pass on his legacy. He is a good man who helped me grow into a decent ( arguably O:) ) man. I'll never be able to repay him for the simple things he taught me but I can pay it on to his namesake....that kinda thing. The only debate we had was she thought she was going to hyphenate the last name. Yeah, that debate lasted 5 seconds. Not only no but heeeellllllllll no!

March 3rd, 2012, 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next