View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Randy Moss as a Lion 
Post Re: Randy Moss as a Lion
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
That group (our WRs) seems to have gotten lazy and unfocused. They're too complacent. The only one fighting for more time, more reps, and a better roster spot was Titus, and he's the only one not named Calvin that was worth a damn, IMO

im not sure i agree with this. titus showed some emotion on the field but he also made a lot of mental mistakes. i wouldnt qualify burleson as lazy. he seems to interact with fans a little more than most but i dont know that he s made mental mistakes that would make me think he is unfocused. i dont question stovall or davis effort - they dont offer much as wideouts but i wouldnt use any of the adjective you listed to describe them. i could see calling pettigrew unfocused or lazy at times with his blocking.

agree with what you wrote about ochocinco but Moss and TO are a different breed that I dont want any part regardless of how small of a financial risk it may be.

Young at least gets mad at himself for dropping passes. I see more of a Roy Williams demeanor out of Nate, and I hate it. It is mostly Nate and Pett that seem set in their ways to me. Stovall and Davis don't play enough for me to take notice of them. Both Nate and Pett have way too many mental errors regarding dropping the ball that I think will SUDDENLY clear up right around contract year. I don't care for either of them. I would prefer to part ways for whatever we can get for Nate right now. I'd take a trade up in the 2nd or 3rd round with St. Louis (give them our 2nd and Nate for theirs) or even a 5th to 7th round just send him walking.

I'm not ready to give up on Pett yet, but IMO he has been super disappointing. I would like to part ways with Nate just to show the rest of the club that dropping simple catches isn't acceptable. We're paying these guys millions of dollars per year, and we could seemingly sign a lower tier FA to play better. I wish we would have gone after Laurent Robinson last year. He seemed light years better than Nate.

I understand that Moss was on three teams last year, but by all accounts he felt dejected after NE, and really gave up on football. Allegedly he has re-dedicated himself and he's ready to play. I would at least bring him in for a look.

When it comes to Chad Johnson, however, I can't agree, at all. Chad is ONE YEAR removed from putting up larger numbers than Nate has in his last 7 seasons. He still looks to be in shape, he runs decent routes, he has GREAT hands, he gets BETTER separation than Nate does, he WANTS to play here, AND he should come cheap. I also think that Chad could have a thing or two to teach CJ that Nate is simply not capable of. I would swap Nate for Chad in a minute! And even when he wasn't used virtually AT ALL last year Chad STILL remained a good person, out of the spotlight, and a good teammate. Chad is NOTORIOUSLY generous, involves himself in the community, and, IMO, would be a great addition to our team.

February 29th, 2012, 6:23 pm
RIP Killer

I wouldn't have an issue with Chad Johnson being here. I believe he still has something to offer, and although I hate his antics at times, I think he often backs it up with some solid play. Given the right contract, I think he'd be OK here. Moss, on the other hand, I can't say I agree with. I understand that after being blackballed (or say he says) in New England may have gotten him dejected....but he's SUPPOSED to be a man, a professional and a team mate. He let multiple teams down simply because he didn't feel wanted. Boo hoo. Suck it up, Buttercup. My question would be, what will upset him here? What will cause him to give up here? I realize we could have a contract set up so that it won't cost the team much, if anything, financially. But that's not my primary worry. The last thing you want is someone you're counting on to just quit on the team for whatever reason he chooses to. Ocho never quit on a team during the season. Nate has never quit on a team during the season. Randy Moss has done it, multiple times. No. Thank. You.

February 29th, 2012, 10:51 pm
Stadium Announcer

Moss, TO, or Ocho as a lion??? is this a joke

I got a better idea lets bring back C-Rodg...hes a real example of work ethic and self control
](*,)

March 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
RIP Killer

bishop14772 wrote:
Moss, TO, or Ocho as a lion??? is this a joke

I got a better idea lets bring back C-Rodg...hes a real example of work ethic and self control
](*,)

Best to get your facts straight.

None of the trio you mentioned had any work ethic issues during their career. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact. Self-control? That's a different issue, but in what way are you referring to the self control aspect? Rodgers couldn't stop smoking weed. None of the trio you mentioned has had an issue with that.

Talent is talent. Moss, TO and Chad all PROVED their talents on the field. Rodgers NEVER did. Blame injuries all you want, but the desire simply wasn't there, even if the abilities were. I wouldn't touch Moss or TO because of their obvious "me first" attitudes. But Chad barely had a role in New England this past season, and you never heard a peep out of him throwing his teammates or coaches under the bus for it. I think he still has at least something to offer, and would be an upgrade over Burleson and would come cheaper as well. Bring him in, check him out, and if he doesn't pass the test you release him before the start of the season and pay him nothing. I'd rather give Ocho the shot than Moss.

March 1st, 2012, 1:27 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'd give Ocho and Ward a shot at WR.. but I think the latter is gonna want more money then the Lions can part with.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 1st, 2012, 2:34 pm
RIP Killer

Don't get me started on CRog, talk about wasted talent. I'll never forget his first game when he caught 2 of Joey's 4 TD passes in a win over AZ - all downhill after that.

I think Chad 85 is done and wouldn't trade him for Nate at this point. 85 is 34, Nate is 30. Nate is familiar to the Lions and a leader in the locker room. I'll take the known quantity at this point. 85 is on the Pats books for $4.5M this year ($3M is base), that netted them a whopping 15 catches last year. The Pats will still have to eat $3M even if they cut him so I expect NE to restructure his contract.

Ward turns 36 a week from today, no thank you. Moss just turned 35 and I'm not sure where his speed is but he still has height and hops. I do worry about his mood, but think the Lions have enough leaders on the team to deal with him and he knows both Nate and our OC if he comes cheap. He also serves as a good lesson to CJ what happens when you go from one team when you have a good situation (Vikes) to another (Raiders). I might kick the tires with him but would rather take a developmental target late in the draft.

March 1st, 2012, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

i think moss at times has had major work ethic issues. wouldnt say that about ocho and to but definitely would about moss.

March 1st, 2012, 9:08 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
i think moss at times has had major work ethic issues. wouldnt say that about ocho and to but definitely would about moss.

The reason people say Moss had work ethic issues is because he made the statement "I take plays off". Well, you know what, he was simply telling the truth, and that truth can be placed on ANY NFL football player. I don't recall ever hearing about Moss not practicing hard. I don't recall anything about him not playing hard, or being called out be teammates or coaches in that regards. As for the taking plays off, he was referring to plays like an inside running play, when his blocking wasn't likely to be an influence on the outcome of the play. I've watched Calvin, Nate, and countless other wideouts do exactly the same thing in the same circumstances.

My biggest concern with Moss is him throwing a tantrum and basically shutting down on the team. He's done that numerous times.

March 2nd, 2012, 9:52 am
Varsity Captain

You guys don't even need Moss, what a waste of your time to even consider it. I'm jealous of the top 3 WRs you have already. Why mess with a good thing?

You guys need to find a running game, and be able to stop the run. If Moss was a 325 pound fat guy, then you should be interested. :P

March 2nd, 2012, 11:28 pm
Team MVP

49ers wrote:
You guys don't even need Moss, what a waste of your time to even consider it. I'm jealous of the top 3 WRs you have already. Why mess with a good thing?

You guys need to find a running game, and be able to stop the run. If Moss was a 325 pound fat guy, then you should be interested. :P

Gotta agree with you on that.

Stafford threw for 5000+, yet we're talking about WRs?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 3rd, 2012, 5:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
49ers wrote:

I agree with both of you!

March 3rd, 2012, 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
49ers wrote:

Why are we talking about receivers? I'll tell you.....what kind of depth do we have at that position? Answer: little quality depth.

Talent wise, I think Randy Moss is an improvement over Nate. Depending on the finances, it could also help the TEAM by jetting Nate's cap figure in favor of a lower one for a better talent at the position. If teams don't look at every chance to improve their roster, they are in essence going backwards because other teams are looking to improve, even at positions where they are strong.

My reservation with Moss is attitude. Otherwise I think he would be an improvement and a step in the right direction, ie. talent upgrade, reduced cap hit at the #2 WR spot. THAT is why we are talking about it.

March 3rd, 2012, 5:00 pm
Team MVP

I think we're getting yelled at.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 3rd, 2012, 6:11 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

Do you disagree with what I said? Should the Lions not be looking at EVERY opportunity to improve the talent on their roster AND reduce the cap figure of certain players in the doing?

March 4th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Do you disagree with what I said? Should the Lions not be looking at EVERY opportunity to improve the talent on their roster AND reduce the cap figure of certain players in the doing?

No I dont, I was just joking. I believe in the idea of keeping the WRs together, but at the same time increasing talent and saving money is almost ALWAYS a good thing.

In the end, I have my doubts anyway that he would end up a Lion. But can you imagine the Lions Madden 13 team rating?!?!?!

March 4th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next