View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Who will trade up for RGIII? 

Cleveland 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Washington 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Buffalo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Seattle 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Kansas City 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Miami 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

Team MVP

Post Who will trade up for RGIII?
Im interested in seeing who everyone feels will make the move up for RGIII. I've been saying for 3 months now that Washington will do it, but would not be surprised if another team did. Of course, Free Agency has yet to start, so that changes things. But as of now, what are your thoughts?

I've listed what most would agree as the most probably teams to do the trade.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 3rd, 2012, 9:46 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Who will trade up for RGIII?
I'll tell who the least likely to do it on that list is.

The Rams are not very likely to trade that pick to a division rival. So Seattle is out of that picture. There is a difference between trading the 30th pick of the 1st round and trading the 2nd overall to a division rival.
(Just in case if someone wants to say that the Vikings traded the pick we used to draft Best to us.)

March 4th, 2012, 9:50 am
RIP Killer

I said Cleveland, because they have the most ammunition to make the trade, and because St. Louis doesn't want to trade back too far. Washington is within striking distance. I think Miami and Seattle are well out of contention.

Cleveland can give both their first rounders this year, a fourth round pick this year (they have two) and probably a conditional third rounder next year or something along those lines. It would be more than enough and St. Louis would be fools to reject the offer. They would get an extra first rounder this year, and would be in position at the fourth overall pick to select one of the following three players that they probably covet: Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon or Matt Kalil if the Vikings pass on him (I think Minnesota takes Kalil).

Mike Holmgren is too smart to believe his team will be anything more than decent with Colt McCoy at quarterback. Griffin would give them a dual threat QB who is a proven game changer. More mobility, better arm strength and better deep accuracy than McCoy could ever hope to possess. If the Browns truly want to take that next step, this is the only way for them to do it.

March 4th, 2012, 3:54 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
I said Cleveland, because they have the most ammunition to make the trade, and because St. Louis doesn't want to trade back too far. Washington is within striking distance. I think Miami and Seattle are well out of contention.

Cleveland can give both their first rounders this year, a fourth round pick this year (they have two) and probably a conditional third rounder next year or something along those lines. It would be more than enough and St. Louis would be fools to reject the offer. They would get an extra first rounder this year, and would be in position at the fourth overall pick to select one of the following three players that they probably covet: Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon or Matt Kalil if the Vikings pass on him (I think Minnesota takes Kalil).

Mike Holmgren is too smart to believe his team will be anything more than decent with Colt McCoy at quarterback. Griffin would give them a dual threat QB who is a proven game changer. More mobility, better arm strength and better deep accuracy than McCoy could ever hope to possess. If the Browns truly want to take that next step, this is the only way for them to do it.

Very true about Cleveland, I just have a very hard time believing they will give up both their 1st rounders. And now I read today that they will NOT give both up. Of course, does ANY club tell the truth about their draft plans? I still say Washington, but you're right that Cleveland probably will never take that next step with McCoy at QB.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 4th, 2012, 8:44 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I could see the Redskins completely selling out their draft for RGIII, as the Saints did for Ricky Williams a few years ago. I don't know how high the bidding will go but I don't think Dan Snyder's ego will allow him to back down. If the Redskins want the pick, they'll get it.

March 4th, 2012, 11:19 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

mwill2 wrote:
I could see the Redskins completely selling out their draft for RGIII, as the Saints did for Ricky Williams a few years ago. I don't know how high the bidding will go but I don't think Dan Snyder's ego will allow him to back down. If the Redskins want the pick, they'll get it.

The question is, with Washington and Buffalo being confirmed as using Williams Bounty system in his time there, do they get penalized prior to the draft as well, or does the investigation there run longer. If Washington loses any draft picks, it could seriously put a damper on any chances that they have to move up. Williams is meeting with the NFL today to talk about the incidences with those teams, even going back to his time with Tennessee, so its not out of the picture that some penalty, even small might effect things. Even a 2nd rounder this year would hamper Washington.

Cleveland makes the most sense, but they might not want to give up too much. I believe its between Cleveland and Miami.

March 5th, 2012, 11:53 am
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

The question is, with Washington and Buffalo being confirmed as using Williams Bounty system in his time there, do they get penalized prior to the draft as well, or does the investigation there run longer. If Washington loses any draft picks, it could seriously put a damper on any chances that they have to move up. Williams is meeting with the NFL today to talk about the incidences with those teams, even going back to his time with Tennessee, so its not out of the picture that some penalty, even small might effect things. Even a 2nd rounder this year would hamper Washington.

Cleveland makes the most sense, but they might not want to give up too much. I believe its between Cleveland and Miami.

njroar, I agree! I would have said Washington in this poll but given the WilliamsGate fallout that may not happen now.

March 5th, 2012, 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Jacksonville

March 9th, 2012, 9:18 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Nailed it! Redskins trade THREE first round picks and a second rounder for the Rams #2 pick, according to Adam Schefter. Never underestimate Dan Snyder's willingness to mortgage the Redskins' future.

Edited to clarify: one of those three first round picks is the Redskins' own #6 pick this year. So they are giving up two first round picks and a second round pick to move up four spots in this year's draft.

March 9th, 2012, 11:41 pm
QB Coach

Way overpaid in my opinion. I'm happy they did it cause like I said now I get to see the kid play every Sunday, but they could have give up 1 less first and still gotten it done.

March 10th, 2012, 12:21 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

profootballtalk.com wrote:
Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:29 PM EST

The Dolphins would be wise to offer Peyton Manning more money, because their Plan B has now evaporated.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback Robert Griffin III. (Or, at the very worst, Andrew Luck.)

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Good God that's a lot to move up 4 spots! The Redskins better hope RGIII isn't the next Ryan Leaf or this will send their franchise back years.

March 10th, 2012, 1:47 am
Player of the Year - Defense

The value of the upper spots completely shifted the value chart with the new CBA and the rookie wage scale. Teams didn't want to move up due to giving up picks + the salary requirements that the top picks would have, but now that the top picks aren't getting insane $$, RG3's contract even if you gave him the $ of those other picks traded won't equal what it would have cost to land Peyton for 4 years.

Or look at it this way... if he doesn't pan out, the entire coaching staff and upper office will be fired anyway, so it was worth the gamble.

March 10th, 2012, 1:59 am
Hall of Fame Player

CMWSR wrote:
profootballtalk.com wrote:
Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:29 PM EST

The Dolphins would be wise to offer Peyton Manning more money, because their Plan B has now evaporated.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback Robert Griffin III. (Or, at the very worst, Andrew Luck.)

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Good God that's a lot to move up 4 spots! The Redskins better hope RGIII isn't the next Ryan Leaf or this will send their franchise back years.

I agree! My thoughts exactly.

The redskins got fleeced in this deal. That's an insane amount to move up 4 spots and then not have the firepower in future drafts to get players to support your QB or team.

March 10th, 2012, 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Is everyone 100% sure the Colts won't take RGIII?

March 10th, 2012, 9:26 am
Team MVP

mwill2 wrote:
Nailed it! Redskins trade THREE first round picks and a second rounder for the Rams #2 pick, according to Adam Schefter. Never underestimate Dan Snyder's willingness to mortgage the Redskins' future.

Edited to clarify: one of those three first round picks is the Redskins' own #6 pick this year. So they are giving up two first round picks and a second round pick to move up four spots in this year's draft.

Agree. I nailed it 4 months ago! lol

March 10th, 2012, 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next