View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 6:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Randy Moss as a Lion 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Randy Moss as a Lion
I think the priority of other positions should take precedence over WR. I mean, what's currently the strongest position on the team? I'd say WR is your #1 spot, so why put so much energy into improving it? Nobody is doubting that Moss could be an improvement over a #3 WR (well, maybe some are), but why even bother to spend the money? Are you really going to see the return on your investment?

I think there are other areas for improvement that would suffer greatly if the powers-at-large were to seek a deal to sign Moss, notably LB. I've read more LB complaints on this board than any position in the last 4 months. Tackling seems to be a recurring issue.

March 5th, 2012, 2:00 pm
RIP Killer

49ers wrote:
I think the priority of other positions should take precedence over WR. I mean, what's currently the strongest position on the team? I'd say WR is your #1 spot, so why put so much energy into improving it? Nobody is doubting that Moss could be an improvement over a #3 WR (well, maybe some are), but why even bother to spend the money? Are you really going to see the return on your investment?

Strongest position on this roster is at defensive tackle, not wide receiver.

What money is being spent? Burleson is set to make $4M this year. If Moss agreed to a two year, incentive laden contract we could reduce that number by half, and likely see more production. It's not about spending more money, it's about getting more bang for our buck and reducing the cap hit from the #2 receiver position. That would open up more money to be spent elsewhere.

49ers wrote:
I think there are other areas for improvement that would suffer greatly if the powers-at-large were to seek a deal to sign Moss, notably LB. I've read more LB complaints on this board than any position in the last 4 months. Tackling seems to be a recurring issue.

Again, a good GM seeks to improve their roster where ever possible, even at spots considered to be strengths. Why? Injuries. Having stellar starters with little quality depth will kill a team in no time. And reducing money in one spot opens up money to be spent at another to add either a quality starter or quality depth. That's how strong teams are built. The Packers were decimated by injuries in 2010, but won the Super Bowl because of the quality depth they had.

March 5th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Not really related to the Lions but............
profootballtalk.com wrote:
Saints to work out Randy Moss on Tuesday
Posted by Evan Silva on March 5, 2012, 10:23 PM EST

Mike Florio reported last Friday that the Randy Moss tour would begin this week. FOX 8 New Orleans is now reporting that the Saints will work out Moss “very soon.”

According to FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer, the workout will take place on Tuesday. Former Packers quarterback Brian Brohm will reportedly throw Moss passes during the workout.

It was reported last September that the Saints hosted Moss for a team facility visit just after the club’s season-opening loss to Green Bay. While the Saints disputed the story and denied interest at the time, the writing on the wall suggests their affinity for Moss is not new.

The Saints are now in danger of losing Colston and Robert Meachem in free agency. The fact that New Orleans is giving Moss a “workout” as opposed to a routine free agent visit indicates they’ll ask him to prove his alleged 4.3 speed.

March 6th, 2012, 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4