View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 5:46 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 shout out from indy 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: shout out from indy
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
allenslions wrote:
there is no way miller is gonna be there now.he has the size and speed to be a premiere back in the league.the good news is its a good bet barron will be there.


I kept an eye on the kid you mentioned, Janzen Jackson. I can see where he could become a pretty solid corner. I think he had a pretty decent workout. He might have pushed himself into a round four value, in my eyes.


Just watched it on the DVR finally, and I also can see how Janzen Jackson could be a pretty decent CB.

Im sure I might catch crap for this, but Im really liking Janoris Jenkins, but doubt he will be there at 23 anyway. BUT IF HE WAS........


I didn't put Jenkins on the list because I am assuming he's gone by the time we pick. I have heard that he interviewed very well, and some teams are convinced he's worked hard to put his past behind him. I see Claiborne going top 5, Kirkpatrick and Jenkins will go top 20, easily.

The question to ask yourself is this: will the Lions try to move up to get either Kirkpatrick or Jenkins? Last year they tried to move up and get Peterson. However, that was before free agency and we really had no starters on our roster at that time. Houston and Wright were signed AFTER the draft. So, if Wright does or doesn't sign, do they make a move for a CB? The fact that the Lions are trying to trade Alfonso Smith tells me they are very interested in drafting a CB for development. Even if they sign Wright, I think they would want to pick up a CB to push him in camp, and possibly move Wright to the nickel corner spot.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


March 2nd, 2012, 10:08 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: shout out from indy
Get one of the top tier CBs in this year's draft and move Wright inside to the nickel spot where he played well at last season. Lions don't have the money to spend on a top tier FA seeing as they are already over the cap for next year.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


March 2nd, 2012, 1:00 pm
Profile
Post Re: shout out from indy
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Get one of the top tier CBs in this year's draft and move Wright inside to the nickel spot where he played well at last season. Lions don't have the money to spend on a top tier FA seeing as they are already over the cap for next year.



I think we can afford Backus, Porter and Tulloch if we get Calvin a new deal, and tag and trade Avril.

I would like to see Corey Williams traded or restructured, and Nate replaced as well.


March 2nd, 2012, 4:58 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: shout out from indy
m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
allenslions wrote:
there is no way miller is gonna be there now.he has the size and speed to be a premiere back in the league.the good news is its a good bet barron will be there.


I kept an eye on the kid you mentioned, Janzen Jackson. I can see where he could become a pretty solid corner. I think he had a pretty decent workout. He might have pushed himself into a round four value, in my eyes.


Just watched it on the DVR finally, and I also can see how Janzen Jackson could be a pretty decent CB.

Im sure I might catch crap for this, but Im really liking Janoris Jenkins, but doubt he will be there at 23 anyway. BUT IF HE WAS........


I didn't put Jenkins on the list because I am assuming he's gone by the time we pick. I have heard that he interviewed very well, and some teams are convinced he's worked hard to put his past behind him. I see Claiborne going top 5, Kirkpatrick and Jenkins will go top 20, easily.

The question to ask yourself is this: will the Lions try to move up to get either Kirkpatrick or Jenkins? Last year they tried to move up and get Peterson. However, that was before free agency and we really had no starters on our roster at that time. Houston and Wright were signed AFTER the draft. So, if Wright does or doesn't sign, do they make a move for a CB? The fact that the Lions are trying to trade Alfonso Smith tells me they are very interested in drafting a CB for development. Even if they sign Wright, I think they would want to pick up a CB to push him in camp, and possibly move Wright to the nickel corner spot.


My preference is wait till the 2nd tier of CB's, as opposed to trading up if Jenkins and Kirkpatrick are gone. Believe there are other corners that can be had later to develop.


March 2nd, 2012, 8:10 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: shout out from indy
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
Get one of the top tier CBs in this year's draft and move Wright inside to the nickel spot where he played well at last season. Lions don't have the money to spend on a top tier FA seeing as they are already over the cap for next year.



I think we can afford Backus, Porter and Tulloch if we get Calvin a new deal, and tag and trade Avril.

I would like to see Corey Williams traded or restructured, and Nate replaced as well.


According to Mayhew, Williams and Nate arent going anywhere. (Am i the only the here that likes Nate??)

Anyway, agree with the part about Backus, Porter, and Tulloch...and tagging and trading Avril.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 2nd, 2012, 8:28 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: shout out from indy
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see the Lions taking another RB early (first 3 rounds). Anybody else?


March 3rd, 2012, 2:37 am
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2310
Post Re: shout out from indy
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see the Lions taking another RB early (first 3 rounds). Anybody else?


We were definitely checking out RBs at the Senior Bowl. Maybe those interviews got overplayed in the media, but that seemed to be the position they were most focusing on.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


March 3rd, 2012, 9:18 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: shout out from indy
thelomasbrowns wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see the Lions taking another RB early (first 3 rounds). Anybody else?


We were definitely checking out RBs at the Senior Bowl. Maybe those interviews got overplayed in the media, but that seemed to be the position they were most focusing on.

Unfortunately that's true. It seems they want to keep trying and trying again until they get "that guy". If Lamar miller is gone by 23 I definitely don't see them going RB in the first. But if he is there I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick, I just don't see him being there.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 3rd, 2012, 10:11 am
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post Re: shout out from indy
kdsberman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see the Lions taking another RB early (first 3 rounds). Anybody else?


We were definitely checking out RBs at the Senior Bowl. Maybe those interviews got overplayed in the media, but that seemed to be the position they were most focusing on.

Unfortunately that's true. It seems they want to keep trying and trying again until they get "that guy". If Lamar miller is gone by 23 I definitely don't see them going RB in the first. But if he is there I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick, I just don't see him being there.



Maybe, but as we've seen in the past, misdirection is Mayhew's specialty.

It could all be smoke!


March 3rd, 2012, 1:34 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: shout out from indy
liontrax wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
liontrax wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see the Lions taking another RB early (first 3 rounds). Anybody else?


We were definitely checking out RBs at the Senior Bowl. Maybe those interviews got overplayed in the media, but that seemed to be the position they were most focusing on.

Unfortunately that's true. It seems they want to keep trying and trying again until they get "that guy". If Lamar miller is gone by 23 I definitely don't see them going RB in the first. But if he is there I wouldn't be surprised if he was the pick, I just don't see him being there.



Maybe, but as we've seen in the past, misdirection is Mayhew's specialty.

It could all be smoke!

Exactly.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 3rd, 2012, 2:31 pm
Profile
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: October 26th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Posts: 3039
Location: Elkhart, In.
Post Re: shout out from indy
Actually I'm a huge NATE fan. I love what he does for the receiving corps by building up those around him. He knows his role and plays it, and provides the veteran leadership. I think he is a huge bonus for the team.

_________________
2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


March 4th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2231
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: shout out from indy
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Actually I'm a huge NATE fan. I love what he does for the receiving corps by building up those around him. He knows his role and plays it, and provides the veteran leadership. I think he is a huge bonus for the team.

I like him too. He isn't perfect but he's not the one who missed every tackle in our most important game. And his teammates love him.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


March 5th, 2012, 12:55 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: shout out from indy
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Actually I'm a huge NATE fan. I love what he does for the receiving corps by building up those around him. He knows his role and plays it, and provides the veteran leadership. I think he is a huge bonus for the team.

+1. I don't understand the anth-Nate sentiment at all.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


March 5th, 2012, 1:25 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post Re: shout out from indy
mwill2 wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Actually I'm a huge NATE fan. I love what he does for the receiving corps by building up those around him. He knows his role and plays it, and provides the veteran leadership. I think he is a huge bonus for the team.

+1. I don't understand the anth-Nate sentiment at all.


Some fans are very big into contracts and they mainly value players relative to their output vs. the money they are being paid. As result, they tend to discount non-production value players bring to a team (primarily on the positive side of the ledger).

The bigger the contract, the bigger the scrutiny!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


March 5th, 2012, 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: shout out from indy
mwill2 wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Actually I'm a huge NATE fan. I love what he does for the receiving corps by building up those around him. He knows his role and plays it, and provides the veteran leadership. I think he is a huge bonus for the team.

+1. I don't understand the anth-Nate sentiment at all.


Nate is set to make $4M this year. As a second receiver, I just don't think his value is that high. Yes, he is a great team mate. But players are accustomed to seeing team mate leave all the time. His production as far as catches is well below what it should be. He doesn't even begin to draw focus away from Calvin. And while I understand that few, if any, would take focus off of CJ, Nate doesn't scare the opposition at all. He's a slot guy being paid as a #2 receiver, and a well paid #2 receiver at that. I would say that if Nate loves it here so much, he needs to agree to either a pay cut or to restructure his deal so that his cap hit is greatly reduced and allows the Lions to add some additional talent because of it. If he won't agree to that, cut him, because he's just proven he's not really about the team afterall.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


March 5th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.