View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Who is the "lamestream" media? 
Post Re: Who is the "lamestream" media?
Again, no smoke, no fire... Just another "lame" attempt to nitpick.

You really want to see a conspiracy - look at NBC banning applause at a Republican Debate. God forbid someone actually cheer when they hear something they like!...

:roll: :finger:

March 5th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Modmin Dude

Looks like the 'applause banning' has happened before...in 2007 during a Democrat debate
Quote:
Kucinich got to answer one other question as well. Williams asked which candidates supported impeaching Dick Cheney. Kucinich's hand was the only one, or one of the few, raised (again, I couldn't see, but I'm guessing Gravel raised his hand too). Kucinich raised a copy of the Constitution and spoke of his duty to uphold it. He said that the country had been taken into war on the basis of lies, and that the administration was threatening to do the same on Iran. Sadly, the audience had been strictly forbidden to applaud during the debate. (GE claims to ban clapping to save time, but it would save more time by turning off Richardson's microphone each time he runs over his assigned time limit just clearing his throat. And the debates would be better to watch if some segment of the public were involved.) There was no ban on applause at an event where Kucinich spoke the day before. Here's video:
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/21806

http://www.democrats.com/node/12673
Yeah, some conspiracy there :rolleyes:

March 6th, 2012, 2:06 pm
QB Coach

TheRealWags wrote:
Looks like the 'applause banning' has happened before...in 2007 during a Democrat debate
Quote:
Kucinich got to answer one other question as well. Williams asked which candidates supported impeaching Dick Cheney. Kucinich's hand was the only one, or one of the few, raised (again, I couldn't see, but I'm guessing Gravel raised his hand too). Kucinich raised a copy of the Constitution and spoke of his duty to uphold it. He said that the country had been taken into war on the basis of lies, and that the administration was threatening to do the same on Iran. Sadly, the audience had been strictly forbidden to applaud during the debate. (GE claims to ban clapping to save time, but it would save more time by turning off Richardson's microphone each time he runs over his assigned time limit just clearing his throat. And the debates would be better to watch if some segment of the public were involved.) There was no ban on applause at an event where Kucinich spoke the day before. Here's video:
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/21806

http://www.democrats.com/node/12673
Yeah, some conspiracy there :rolleyes:

I was going to point out that this is nothing new and has happened before, but you beat me to it. No conspiracy. It's actually consistent with previous rules/requests from the networks hosting the debates.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 6th, 2012, 2:22 pm
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Agreed, and pretty much verified by one of our far right members:

Who you calling far right? :lol:
You're right; my bad.
I shouldn't have labeled you and I apologize; especially considering as I have said on numerous occasions how much disdain I have for labels.

March 6th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Kind of funny that in both instances it was a liberal media group banning applause. Agenda driven?

March 6th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'll sum this up rather simply. In what alternate universe does Rush Limbaugh get called out for calling a feminist activist a slut, but Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, Chris Matthews, Davis Letterman, Ed Schultz, and many more get a free pass for doing the exact same thing? It's called a double standard, and anyone that neither recognizes nor advocates against such behavior is a hypocrite. I find it funny that Obama's campaign chairman, David Axelrod, is criticizing Republicans for not denouncing Rush, yet he's gonna appear on Bill Maher's program in a few weeks. Obama defends the slut because she's a private citizen, but sees nothing wrong with the lamestream media vilifying Joe The Plumber back in 2008. Anybody that doesn't see what's going on is either stupid, ignorant, or blind. And that's the primary reason why this country is in the state that it's in.

March 8th, 2012, 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4