View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Tigers sign Prince Fielder to nine-year, $214 million deal 
League MVP

Post Re: Tigers sign Prince Fielder to nine-year, $214 million de
whoops!!! my fault, ill keep the moron part i guess

February 25th, 2012, 9:18 am
Heisman Winner

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
The Legend wrote:

again fielding percentage doesnt tell the whole story. it tells you nothing about range. cabrera has good hands, thats not in doubt. the information presented in this article misses the point. why would you have a guy play 3b when there is room for him to DH? VMart wont be back until spring training 2013 at the earliest.

Quote:
wjb wrote:

Screw you and your reason, Miggy is 100x better at 3rd than George Brett....
Bunch of morons
right back at you and whoever wrote that article.

george brett won a gold glove, ron santo won 5, and schmidt won 10 of them. 3/5 listed in that blurb won gold gloves. nuff said

Big deal, Derek Jeter has won several Golden Glove awards too and he's horrible defensively...HORRIBLE. As much as you want to say so and so won a Golden Glove just keep in mind it's a popularity contest more than proof of ability.

February 25th, 2012, 10:51 am
Team MVP

Hmmmm...

From about EVERY source ive read covering the Tigers this spring training, they say Cabrera is looking pretty darn good at 3rd...

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 7th, 2012, 10:38 pm
kdsberman wrote:
Hmmmm...

From about EVERY source ive read covering the Tigers this spring training, they say Cabrera is looking pretty darn good at 3rd...

Hahaha... Wait until the end of June/beginning of July...

March 8th, 2012, 3:29 am
Afghan Allstar

Not to be a downer, because I really want Miggy to work out at 3B and believe he will be good enough, he has had a grand total of 3 balls hit his way so far this spring. One he made an error on, and one was by all accounts a very nice charging play on a slow roller to get a speedy runner at first. I love the reports of the work ethic he's shown in this switch, but let's not crucify or anoint the guy on 3 chances at 3B. It's just not that big of a sample size.

March 8th, 2012, 4:10 am
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Hmmmm...

Hahaha... Wait until the end of June/beginning of July...

Alright, lets do that.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 8th, 2012, 6:03 am
Hall of Fame Player

buell17 wrote:
Not to be a downer, because I really want Miggy to work out at 3B and believe he will be good enough, he has had a grand total of 3 balls hit his way so far this spring. One he made an error on, and one was by all accounts a very nice charging play on a slow roller to get a speedy runner at first. I love the reports of the work ethic he's shown in this switch, but let's not crucify or anoint the guy on 3 chances at 3B. It's just not that big of a sample size.

That's what I was saying before. There just are not that many balls hit to 3rd base in comparison to everywhere else on the field. 3 balls hit to 3rd base so far. How many balls have been hit to all the other positions?

March 9th, 2012, 7:52 am
League MVP

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7709712/miguel-cabrera-detroit-tigers-takes-hard-grounder-face

yeah he s doing great over there at 3b

March 19th, 2012, 8:07 pm
Afghan Allstar

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7709712/miguel-cabrera-detroit-tigers-takes-hard-grounder-face

Did you see the play? It was a hard hit ball that popped up at his face. Not many 3rd Basemen could have gotten out of the way of that.

March 19th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

buell17 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:

Did you see the play? It was a hard hit ball that popped up at his face. Not many 3rd Basemen could have gotten out of the way of that.

I saw the play on SportsCenter and one of the baseball guys was saying that most if not all 3B get hit by that ball.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 20th, 2012, 8:24 am
Heisman Winner

LionsFan4Life wrote:
buell17 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:

I saw the play on SportsCenter and one of the baseball guys was saying that most if not all 3B get hit by that ball.

No that was proof for sure, come on routine play he's just horrible. /sarcasm

March 20th, 2012, 8:33 am
League MVP

sure, bc everybody's getting hit in the face at 3b, right? never heard of people being nice to the guy that just got hurt? anyway this ball landed and took a weird hop about 15 feet in front of him, he had time to react to that ball and field it let alone avoid getting blasted in the face. anyway, its great to hear the excuses. well his face is broken now - lets see how much better he ll be at 3b with a broken and cut up face.

Quote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120320/SPORTS0104/203200392/Tigers-Miguel-Cabrera-has-fracture-under-right-eye?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

March 20th, 2012, 1:41 pm
LionsFan4Life wrote:
buell17 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:

Get hit where? I guaranty you not in the face! 3rd base is the "hot corner" for a reason. You have to have great reaction time to play the spot. To say that most 3rd basemen would get hit in the face is like saying a professional boxer got "sucker punched" when he got hit right in the eye, while looking at the guy throwing the punch... It's just flat out ridiculous.

Most 3rd basemen would MAYBE get hit (I'll talk about this in a minute), but it would be in the shoulder, or somewhere OTHER than the face. They would have REACTED and either made the play or guarded themselves.

Onto whether or not most would get hit at all... I highly, highly doubt it... Maybe if it were a direct shot right at him, no bounce. With any bounce at all taking velocity off of the oncoming ball MOST third basemen would at least be able to protect themselves, if not make the play altogether.

This trade is really working out nicely... :roll:

March 20th, 2012, 3:54 pm
RIP Killer

Wow wjb, kind of an assinying post. I guess you've never played any infield position, much less baseball in general

March 20th, 2012, 4:01 pm
conversion02 wrote:
Wow wjb, kind of an assinying post. I guess you've never played any infield position, much less baseball in general

I played 3rd, 2nd and SS, actually. I'm not really good 3rd, alright at SS, but I love 2nd. Third base was honestly too fast for me. I could have probably handled it if I took a zanex (joking), but my problems over there were more psychological than anything. I'd sike myself out and sh!t the bed on balls that were drilled in my direction.

Let me ask you this... How often through out the season do you see BOUNCED BALLS drill 3rd basemen in the face? Practically never...

March 20th, 2012, 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next