View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 4:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 shout out from indy 
Post Re: shout out from indy
allenslions wrote:
Ok I see the problem.the reason we neeed barron is so we can put delmas back to his natural free saafety position.I myself think if barron is off the board detroit should trade down as there is aalot of players in the second And 3rd rd with equal talent levels to who. Would still be there in tthe first.

If you really believe that Delmas is a coverage FS and not a more natural SS, then I think you're not only blind, but either incapable of rational thought, or you simply don't watch Lions football.

If you want to say that Delmas is a more natural FS, but more of the hard-hitting type, and not so much of a coverage type - that's fine, but my point still stands... I still don't want him paired with ANOTHER hard-hitting type that can't cover. Again, I would prefer we pair someone like Delmas with someone like Iloka.

March 9th, 2012, 5:48 pm
Team MVP

wjb21ndtown wrote:
allenslions wrote:
Ok I see the problem.the reason we neeed barron is so we can put delmas back to his natural free saafety position.I myself think if barron is off the board detroit should trade down as there is aalot of players in the second And 3rd rd with equal talent levels to who. Would still be there in tthe first.

If you really believe that Delmas is a coverage FS and not a more natural SS, then I think you're not only blind, but either incapable of rational thought, or you simply don't watch Lions football.

If you want to say that Delmas is a more natural FS, but more of the hard-hitting type, and not so much of a coverage type - that's fine, but my point still stands... I still don't want him paired with ANOTHER hard-hitting type that can't cover. Again, I would prefer we pair someone like Delmas with someone like Iloka.

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it Delmas' natural FS position he was playing his rookie year when he had a great year?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 9th, 2012, 9:38 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

We don't play FS and SS in our system. Both safeties will be in either or position for each snap and will do the other duty depending on how the offense lines up. So we don't go after a particular type of safety rather we need safeties that can handle both responsibilities. That's why we don't target players that are good at one thing and terrible at another.

March 9th, 2012, 10:28 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it Delmas' natural FS position he was playing his rookie year when he had a great year?

You're right. In the first season Delmas was here we played the more conventional FS/SS roles, and Delmas was the FS. Now Schwartz runs a left safety, right safety thing just like with the outside linebackers. The idea behind this is to make it easier to hide coverages.

I'm not sure it's working out so far.....

I think to be able to truly run a system like that, you have to have two guys who play the pass and run equally well, and whose talents are pretty similar in that regard. I am not a big fan of Delmas as a coverage safety either. He bites too easily on play action, and gets lost on crossing routes at times. I also see him get looked off by the QB quite a bit, and he falls behind as a result. This is the reason why I don't understand all the love Delmas gets in this town. A few big hits....great. But he has an equal amount of whiffs because he doesn't wrap the ball carrier, and a bigger number of coverage mistakes than people are willing to accept. But he's still better than Spievey.

March 9th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Varsity Captain

Ok wj when nfl teams pay you for your player evaluations then you can say something. The way he has had to play since after his rookiee season is up on the line of scrimage in a traditional ss role.with major run support resposabilities Anmajor coverage duties against te,s a n runningbacks.bringing in barron Android his smooth coverage skills allows delmas to go back to his centerfielder role roaming the deep middle Android back 3rd.delmas excells in this free lance roll.Android comparing. Comparing iloka,s coverage abiliy to barrons is a joka.lol. 8)

March 10th, 2012, 2:16 am
allenslions wrote:
Ok wj when nfl teams pay you for your player evaluations then you can say something. The way he has had to play since after his rookiee season is up on the line of scrimage in a traditional ss role.with major run support resposabilities Anmajor coverage duties against te,s a n runningbacks.bringing in barron Android his smooth coverage skills allows delmas to go back to his centerfielder role roaming the deep middle Android back 3rd.delmas excells in this free lance roll.Android comparing. Comparing iloka,s coverage abiliy to barrons is a joka.lol. 8)

Were you drunk Android tired when you write this?

I've been on this site, a site that many of us came from, and the main site for over 10 years, with an excellent track record of calling out busts, players that lack talent to make it, and improper fits for various systems. Most of the disagreements that I have with people regarding team building have more to do with philosophy than personnel evaluation. Ask around, I'm sure even people that I regularly disagree with will vouch for me on some level...

But apparently none of us should be discussing prospects other than you, because after all, we're not getting paid for it....

What a douche bag...

March 10th, 2012, 2:52 am
Varsity Captain

First off no I,m not drunk my notebook was and well it,s fixed now.you know I don't even no how address this.well first off let's compare how we evaluate talent.ok you may catch a few games your player is in.then read some scouting reports online were most don't even list the players correct measurements then a couple youtube video,s and hey you may even catch a few minutes of that player at the combine.now how I do it.first I. Watch hundreds of hours of tape on him including high school tape to see how he progressed with better coaching.then follow him atleast two years attending a minimum of. Ten practices not including spring practice.I talk many times with the player and his coaches.then the combine and prodays.hell by the draft I now how many zits our on his rectum.and the fact is I don't disrespect any of your opinions on the players you guys like.I come here to share a little inside info and get to be a lions fan.you see I have been a fan for over 35 years And have a job were I can't share that fandom.so talking with you guys is an absolute pleasure.oh and as for your evaluation of george iloka being a better coverage safety then mark barron.let's let our fellow board members end that argument.

March 10th, 2012, 6:40 am
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
First off no I,m not drunk my notebook was and well it,s fixed now.you know I don't even no how address this.well first off let's compare how we evaluate talent.ok you may catch a few games your player is in.then read some scouting reports online were most don't even list the players correct measurements then a couple youtube video,s and hey you may even catch a few minutes of that player at the combine.now how I do it.first I. Watch hundreds of hours of tape on him including high school tape to see how he progressed with better coaching.then follow him atleast two years attending a minimum of. Ten practices not including spring practice.I talk many times with the player and his coaches.then the combine and prodays.hell by the draft I now how many zits our on his rectum.and the fact is I don't disrespect any of your opinions on the players you guys like.I come here to share a little inside info and get to be a lions fan.you see I have been a fan for over 35 years And have a job were I can't share that fandom.so talking with you guys is an absolute pleasure.oh and as for your evaluation of george iloka being a better coverage safety then mark barron.let's let our fellow board members end that argument.

Well said. I think its great that you come here and post and in my opinion its a privelage to all of us that get to hear a little "inside" info. I sure hope some posters here who disrespect you dont make you leave this board, cuz that would suck pretty bad.

I, for one, dont believe that how long someone has been a poster on this board measures their football/Lions knowledge either. Ive been a member since 2007, does that mean a guy thats here since 06' knows more than I do?

As far as Barron vs Iloka.....I would immediately side with Barron. No questions asked.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 10th, 2012, 9:51 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
allenslions wrote:

Well said. I think its great that you come here and post and in my opinion its a privelage to all of us that get to hear a little "inside" info. I sure hope some posters here who disrespect you dont make you leave this board, cuz that would suck pretty bad.

I, for one, dont believe that how long someone has been a poster on this board measures their football/Lions knowledge either. Ive been a member since 2007, does that mean a guy thats here since 06' knows more than I do?

As far as Barron vs Iloka.....I would immediately side with Barron. No questions asked.

+1

Look forward to allenslions insight as I enjoy getting as many different perspectives as possible prior to the draft.

Question to allenslions, and I've asked this previously with no responce. Which if any of the talent boards out there are the most accurate?

March 10th, 2012, 10:24 am
RIP Killer

wjb...yes, you've been right about some players. You've also been wrong about some. That can be said of all of us on this board. And I'm sure there has been some scouts that have believed firmly in the value of a player, only to have that player be a bust. Likewise, I'm sure a scout or two has told a team to stay away from a certain player, only to see that player have a productive career elsewhere.

I like both Barron and Iloka. I like Iloka due to his size and athletic combination. But as I said in my one post, Barron is far more pro ready than any other safety prospect in this draft. I would have loved to have been able to watch Barron workout, but I won't have that chance. I'm interested in watching his change of direction ability, ball tracking ability and other drills that would help determine his coverage talents.

All that said, I don't think it's wise to start the name calling with the who-is-better, my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad approach. If you don't agree with allens assessment, that's fine. Whether you want to believe he is a scout for Blesto or not is up to you. Personally, I happen to think he definitely is, and he provides some really good information before anyone else knows about it. Both of you bring value to this forum, but no more than any other poster here who shares their opinion.

March 10th, 2012, 10:41 am
Team MVP

Quote:
Personally, I happen to think he definitely is, and he provides some really good information before anyone else knows about it. Both of you bring value to this forum, but no more than any other poster here who shares their opinion.

Well said.

March 10th, 2012, 11:52 am
Varsity Captain

Sorry liontrax I must have missed your question.I don't really know much about a lot of them but a few sites that get alott of respect our gil brandt,the war room,walterfootball and of coarse mr mayock.I. don't knoe if mike has a website or not.but he,s pretty solid.and wb let's kiss and make up.if you like iloka that's fine I. Hope he has a great career.heck I wish the bestfor all these kids.

March 10th, 2012, 12:31 pm
League MVP

allenlions: what do you think of robert turbin RB Utah State? Will the Lions consider him in the middle rounds ie 4-5?

March 10th, 2012, 12:57 pm
m2karateman wrote:
All that said, I don't think it's wise to start the name calling with the who-is-better, my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad approach. If you don't agree with allens assessment, that's fine. Whether you want to believe he is a scout for Blesto or not is up to you. Personally, I happen to think he definitely is, and he provides some really good information before anyone else knows about it. Both of you bring value to this forum, but no more than any other poster here who shares their opinion.

I didn't start the "who has a bigger d!ck approach," Allens did, and he's a douche bag for it, period.

He's the one that stated that "until you're getting paid by the NFL for your opinion, your opinion doesn't mean anything," making himself the end all be all voice of player evaluations. That's ridiculous, which us why I honestly thought he must be intoxicated while authoring his response.

In some ways I would more trust the posters on this board moreso than the Lions front office. They have twice as much info available to them, and somehow still manage to get it wrong more often than than some on here.

March 10th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Team MVP

:roll:

March 10th, 2012, 4:09 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next