View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 What is so special about Israel? 
QB Coach

Post Re: What is so special about Israel?
Hey can one of you research gurus take a look into the "mutual protection treaty" between Iran and Russia? Is there any documentation on it? I've heard about it, but haven't seen anything. That adds a little extra danger to the whole situation, but it also ties in with Scripture too.

Not to mention the former candidate for PM Vladimir Zhirnovsky (Russia General at the time in the 90's) stated that if he became PM, he was not going to be happy until his troops were soaking their feet in the mediteranean, while sitting on the shores of Israel. That kind of adds a little extra in this too!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 8th, 2012, 1:59 pm
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Hey can one of you research gurus take a look into the "mutual protection treaty" between Iran and Russia? Is there any documentation on it? I've heard about it, but haven't seen anything. That adds a little extra danger to the whole situation, but it also ties in with Scripture too.

Not to mention the former candidate for PM Vladimir Zhirnovsky (Russia General at the time in the 90's) stated that if he became PM, he was not going to be happy until his troops were soaking their feet in the mediteranean, while sitting on the shores of Israel. That kind of adds a little extra in this too!

It really doesn't mean much. It is not different than the "mutual protection" part of the U.N. (if one country in the U.N. is attacked without U.N. approval all others are supposed to attack the aggressor). Iran will use it to put pressure on us, and Russia will use it to saber rattle, but at the end of the day, treaties are broken all of the time. I doubt Russia would do anything stupid.

This thing has the potential to blow up into something huge, but the mutual protection treaty between Russia and Iran would do nothing more than to give Russia an excuse to accomplish a self-serving end, to the degree that they wanted to start a problem.

March 8th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

OK Wags, I'll provide a link to a long article about Politifact's bias, but I shouldn't have to. It's a well established fact thet the vast majority of their employees are liberals or Democrats and that they lean decidedly to the left. Here's a short excerpt:
Weekly Standard wrote:
A Smart Politics content analysis of more than 500 PolitiFact stories from January 2010 through January 2011 finds that current and former Republican officeholders have been assigned substantially harsher grades by the news organization than their Democratic counterparts. In total, 74 of the 98 statements by political figures judged “false” or “pants on fire” over the last 13 months were given to Republicans, or 76 percent, compared to just 22 statements for Democrats (22 percent).

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/lies-damned-lies-and-fact-checking_611854.html?page=1
Now, a cynic would argue that Republicans lie more, but that isn't the case. It's called selective fact checking. I have yet to hear a speech where Obama hasn't lied or embellished the truth atleast once, but Politifact convieniently doesn't bother to fact check most of those.

Here's an admittedly biased blog that tracks the bias found on Politifact:
http://www.politifactbias.blogspot.com/

You can dismiss it if you wish, but if you read it with an open mind, you'll see that Politifact isn't as impartial as they pretend to be. It also exposes their tendency to confuse fact with opinion, which is their primary problem IMO.

I also find it hilarious that they gave Sarah Palin their Lie Of The Year for saying that there were "death panels" in Obamacare. Of course those words aren't used in the bill and there's no mention of people determining who will live or die, but there is something called the Independent Payment Advisory Board. One of their duties is to perform a cost-benefit analysis of which procedures will be authorized and which ones will not. If that isn't a death panel, I don't know what is. Palin may have used excessive hyperbole or rhetoric when describing it, but it wasn't a lie. The Independent Payment Advisory Board will ultimately determine who lives and who dies once Obamacare is fully implemented.

March 10th, 2012, 9:48 pm
slybri19 wrote:
OK Wags, I'll provide a link to a long article about Politifact's bias, but I shouldn't have to. It's a well established fact thet the vast majority of their employees are liberals or Democrats and that they lean decidedly to the left. Here's a short excerpt:
Weekly Standard wrote:
A Smart Politics content analysis of more than 500 PolitiFact stories from January 2010 through January 2011 finds that current and former Republican officeholders have been assigned substantially harsher grades by the news organization than their Democratic counterparts. In total, 74 of the 98 statements by political figures judged “false” or “pants on fire” over the last 13 months were given to Republicans, or 76 percent, compared to just 22 statements for Democrats (22 percent).

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/lies-damned-lies-and-fact-checking_611854.html?page=1
Now, a cynic would argue that Republicans lie more, but that isn't the case. It's called selective fact checking. I have yet to hear a speech where Obama hasn't lied or embellished the truth atleast once, but Politifact convieniently doesn't bother to fact check most of those.

Here's an admittedly biased blog that tracks the bias found on Politifact:
http://www.politifactbias.blogspot.com/

You can dismiss it if you wish, but if you read it with an open mind, you'll see that Politifact isn't as impartial as they pretend to be. It also exposes their tendency to confuse fact with opinion, which is their primary problem IMO.

I also find it hilarious that they gave Sarah Palin their Lie Of The Year for saying that there were "death panels" in Obamacare. Of course those words aren't used in the bill and there's no mention of people determining who will live or die, but there is something called the Independent Payment Advisory Board. One of their duties is to perform a cost-benefit analysis of which procedures will be authorized and which ones will not. If that isn't a death panel, I don't know what is. Palin may have used excessive hyperbole or rhetoric when describing it, but it wasn't a lie. The Independent Payment Advisory Board will ultimately determine who lives and who dies once Obamacare is fully implemented.

"Death Panels" aren't "part of the bill," but anyone with any common sense would understand that you can't provide top medical care to EVERYONE in the Country. It's physically impossible, even after you discount budgetary restraints. There simply isn't enough of certain types of chemo therapy's, and enough medical equipment to give people what they want when they want it, without massive lines and people missing out on care, period. That's a FACT that COMMON SENSE tells anyone that looks at what is trying to be implemented, but somehow it is a "lie" to point it out... Amazing...

March 19th, 2012, 11:20 am
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
Ok, so if I'm understanding correctly, its not necessarily that PolitiFact is lying, per se, but seems to focus more on the Right/Repubs, is that correct? I could agree with this assessment (as stated before here, everyone one/source will have its bias), but that doesn't necessarily mean that what they're saying is incorrect. Now, if you or anyone could provide examples of where they flat out lie, then please do, but as of yet I have only seen opinions disagreeing with their assessments.

April 10th, 2012, 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5