View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ndamukong Suh in image-repair mode 
Position Coach

Post Re: Ndamukong Suh in image-repair mode
i really hope he isnt taken away from us in a car accident.

March 9th, 2012, 8:03 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

91 in a 55 on a freeway isn't even close to the concern of the accident he was in when he was on his suspension. Its easy to let the speed get away from you on a freeway, especially when traffic is moving along the same pace. If he had been doing that speed on backroads I'd be worried.

March 9th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Suh got a speeding ticket! Cut Him Now! This is starting to get ridiculous, especially when I saw it on my home page a few days ago. It just goes to show you that the media is going to over-analyze everything he does from now on. Suh's gonna have to cure cancer or something before he gets a fair shake. Sure, he brought some of it upon himself, but it's gone completely overboard IMO.

March 10th, 2012, 11:55 pm
Position Coach

I'm not trying to trash the guy or be negative, I really mean it. I hope he makes an effort to be a safer driver. Njroar, It is easy to let the speed get away from you on a freeway, I've done it a bunch of times. I just hope the car doesn't get away from him cuz he does like to drive fast(as seen during last years Gumball 3000, when he was also cited for speeding)

I don't understand how hoping he is'nt killed in an accident is bashing the guy. I have absolutely no problem with him getting speeding tickets at all. I just hope he doesn't lose control

March 11th, 2012, 3:29 am
Veteran General Manager

Killwill25 wrote:
i really hope he isnt taken away from us in a car accident.

I realize that this was nothing more than a speeding ticket. But, you add it to last years car accident, all that is needed now is Suh to start drinking and before you know it, we got another Reggie Rodgers situation.

I am not saying that will happen. But, I am starting to get a little concerned.

March 11th, 2012, 11:26 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Detroit News wrote:
March 10, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Lions star Ndamukong Suh should leave the driving to others

Chris McCosky

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, who moonlights as a Subway pitchman, holds a press conference before last weekend's NASCAR race in Arizona. (Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

Some random observations while we await the start of NFL free-agency:

* On Ndamukong Suh: My first thought was, been there and done that. Come on, he was speeding on an expressway. Going 91 mph in a 55 mph zone sounds extreme — it is extreme — but I am pretty sure most of us have done it.

I know there have been times when I've been cruising along the Lodge or I-96, thinking I was just flowing with the traffic, only to look at the speedometer and see that I am topping 90. (Admittedly, this happened more when I had my beloved TrailBlazer SS than it does now with my old-man Traverse, but the point stands.)

It's not like Suh was weaving dangerously through pedestrian traffic or speeding through a residential neighborhood. He wasn't drunk. I didn't think he should be crucified for it, though I knew he would be.

But, like I said, that was my initial thought. That was before I saw his arrogant Tweet and started adding up his vehicular transgressions.

Here was his Tweet on Friday: "Love the HATE, please keep it coming!! #PDXNEWS #ESPN No insurance?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA #toofunny."

He doesn't get it. It brought me back to his lame attempt to justify his on-field stomp of Evan Dietrich-Smith.

"What? I was trying to regain my balance."

Instead of being contrite, acknowledging that he was driving too fast and maybe pledging to hire a driver from now on, he mocks the police report and subsequent media reports that he had no proof of insurance.

The police report clearly states that he was fined $955 for speeding, improperly signaling and not having proof of insurance. What's funny about that, Ndamukong?

"Love the hate?" It's not hate, it's genuine concern.

Suh is 25 and already has been involved in two potentially serious traffic accidents — one in Portland last December during his suspension when he crashed into a tree, a drinking fountain and a light pole with three passengers in the car; and one when he was still at Nebraska when he caromed an SUV off three parked cars.

Yet, it sounds like he feels persecuted, like the cops and media are going out of their way to pick on him. No, man, you are a menace behind the wheel. I can't imagine how you still have a driver's license.

Seriously. Hire a driver. Instead of being the ad face for Chrysler, he might be better suited to play the Mayhem guy in those insurance commercials.

I'm not certain I agree with McCosky on this but I'm starting to be concerned about Suh as well.

March 11th, 2012, 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2