View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Who will trade up for RGIII? 

Cleveland 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Washington 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Buffalo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Seattle 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Kansas City 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Miami 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

RIP Killer

Post Re: Who will trade up for RGIII?
CMWSR wrote:
profootballtalk.com wrote:
Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:29 PM EST

The Dolphins would be wise to offer Peyton Manning more money, because their Plan B has now evaporated.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback Robert Griffin III. (Or, at the very worst, Andrew Luck.)

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Good God that's a lot to move up 4 spots! The Redskins better hope RGIII isn't the next Ryan Leaf or this will send their franchise back years.

Snyder must be trying for the "worst owner in football" title. No player, not even Manning in his heyday, is worth that much.

It's not like QB is the only position that team needs to upgrade. That poor kid is going to get killed behind that offensive line.

March 10th, 2012, 10:28 am
QB Coach

With the amount of cap space they have, I feel like they're going to go hard in free agency, ignoring the draft like Snyder is known to do. Carl Nicks and at least one of the big name receivers welcome to DC.

March 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Team MVP

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
With the amount of cap space they have, I feel like they're going to go hard in free agency, ignoring the draft like Snyder is known to do. Carl Nicks and at least one of the big name receivers welcome to DC.

They better. As far as WR's, other than Santana Moss, who is RGIII really gonna throw to? And Santana Moss isnt no big time receiver neither.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 10th, 2012, 11:49 am
League MVP

triple negative?

March 10th, 2012, 1:04 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Is everyone 100% sure the Colts won't take RGIII?

If they do the Skins will choose Luck. Either way they get their franchise quarterback.

March 10th, 2012, 1:11 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

CMWSR wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Is everyone 100% sure the Colts won't take RGIII?

If they do the Skins will choose Luck. Either way they get their franchise quarterback.

Oh definitely. I was just wondering if it's everyone just assuming the Colts will take Luck or if Irsay or whoever said it's a done deal.

March 10th, 2012, 6:46 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I actually thought that the Browns would move up for both 1st round picks this year and a 2nd next year, but three 1sts and a 2nd is insane. Because of this, I hope that the Browns take Blackmon at 4 and the Bucs take Claiborne at 5 just to screw the Rams. They got over like bandits, so it would be fitting if they missed out on the two players that could truly help them.

March 10th, 2012, 10:42 pm
RIP Killer

The browns will definately take Blackmon. They have garbage at WR and need to do whatever they can to help McCoy and that awful offense. They don't need a LT and kalil is not going #3 to play RT.

March 10th, 2012, 11:25 pm
Team MVP

conversion02 wrote:
The browns will definately take Blackmon. They have garbage at WR and need to do whatever they can to help McCoy and that awful offense. They don't need a LT and kalil is not going #3 to play RT.

Agree 100%. Unless they trade down, Blackmon by far makes the most sense for them.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 11th, 2012, 8:37 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
CMWSR wrote:
profootballtalk.com wrote:
Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012, 10:29 PM EST

The Dolphins would be wise to offer Peyton Manning more money, because their Plan B has now evaporated.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback Robert Griffin III. (Or, at the very worst, Andrew Luck.)

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Good God that's a lot to move up 4 spots! The Redskins better hope RGIII isn't the next Ryan Leaf or this will send their franchise back years.

Snyder must be trying for the "worst owner in football" title. No player, not even Manning in his heyday, is worth that much.

It's not like QB is the only position that team needs to upgrade. That poor kid is going to get killed behind that offensive line.

I don't think they paid all that much to move up.

They got their Franchise QB for two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. (yes, they gave up this years 1st round pick also. But, they are getting the Rams 1st round pick in exchange.)

That is not that much for a Franchise QB. Now, if he is a bust, the Redskins will never live it down. But, that is beside the point.

March 11th, 2012, 9:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
I actually thought that the Browns would move up for both 1st round picks this year and a 2nd next year, but three 1sts and a 2nd is insane. Because of this, I hope that the Browns take Blackmon at 4 and the Bucs take Claiborne at 5 just to screw the Rams. They got over like bandits, so it would be fitting if they missed out on the two players that could truly help them.

It did not cost the Redskins Three 1st round picks. They do get a 1st round pick from the Rams. So, you have to look at the net cost. The first round pick they gave up this year is offset by the 1st round pick they got from the Rams. So, they only gave up a 2nd round pick this year and their next two 1st round picks.

March 11th, 2012, 9:52 am
Hall of Fame Player

I just can't believe the Rams traded the pick so soon. The closer the draft gets and the more teams lose out on Manning and Flynn, the more desperate those teams become. I think the Rams could have gotten double if they had been patient and waited.

March 11th, 2012, 9:55 am
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

It did not cost the Redskins Three 1st round picks. They do get a 1st round pick from the Rams. So, you have to look at the net cost. The first round pick they gave up this year is offset by the 1st round pick they got from the Rams. So, they only gave up a 2nd round pick this year and their next two 1st round picks.

That is still a LOT! All that for moving up 4 spots! Wow!!

The Redskins BETTER have a plan to surround him with weapons and some protection, or it might get ugly.

March 11th, 2012, 9:56 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I don't think they paid all that much to move up.

They got their Franchise QB for two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. (yes, they gave up this years 1st round pick also. But, they are getting the Rams 1st round pick in exchange.)

That is not that much for a Franchise QB. Now, if he is a bust, the Redskins will never live it down. But, that is beside the point.

They just mortgaged their future for a POTENTIAL franchise quarterback. Sorry, I fully understand the importance of the quarterback position in the NFL. However, I also understand it is still a team game, and that Washington had the sixth pick in this draft not JUST because of poor QB play. They lack talent in many other spots. They have some issues in their secondary, and on their offensive line. They got nobody for RG3 to throw to. They are a franchise that is in rough shape, mostly due to a plethora of poor deals by this egomaniac owner who is STILL trying to buy a Super Bowl.

I'm not saying that Griffin won't turn out to be a great QB. But he has to have some folks around him, particularly as a rookie, to help him develop. I thought the Lions put Stafford in a bad situation, but this poor guy has got it even worse in Washington.

And while they didn't "give up" three first round picks, it did COST them three first round picks to move up four spots. That is guaranteed to be four top 40 picks in exchange for the rights to one player. That is too much, if you ask me.

March 11th, 2012, 10:10 am
Team MVP

Lol i know the Rams aint complaining! Imagine the possibilities for them..

March 11th, 2012, 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next