View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Who will trade up for RGIII? 

Cleveland 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Washington 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Buffalo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Seattle 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Kansas City 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Miami 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Who will trade up for RGIII?
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Snyder must be trying for the "worst owner in football" title. No player, not even Manning in his heyday, is worth that much.

It's not like QB is the only position that team needs to upgrade. That poor kid is going to get killed behind that offensive line.

I don't think they paid all that much to move up.

They got their Franchise QB for two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. (yes, they gave up this years 1st round pick also. But, they are getting the Rams 1st round pick in exchange.)

That is not that much for a Franchise QB. Now, if he is a bust, the Redskins will never live it down. But, that is beside the point.

They just mortgaged their future for a POTENTIAL franchise quarterback. Sorry, I fully understand the importance of the quarterback position in the NFL. However, I also understand it is still a team game, and that Washington had the sixth pick in this draft not JUST because of poor QB play. They lack talent in many other spots. They have some issues in their secondary, and on their offensive line. They got nobody for RG3 to throw to. They are a franchise that is in rough shape, mostly due to a plethora of poor deals by this egomaniac owner who is STILL trying to buy a Super Bowl.

I'm not saying that Griffin won't turn out to be a great QB. But he has to have some folks around him, particularly as a rookie, to help him develop. I thought the Lions put Stafford in a bad situation, but this poor guy has got it even worse in Washington.

And while they didn't "give up" three first round picks, it did COST them three first round picks to move up four spots. That is guaranteed to be four top 40 picks in exchange for the rights to one player. That is too much, if you ask me.

Vincent Jackson, Mario Manningham, and several other good WR,s are available in free agency. There are more ways to build a team then just through the draft. It's true, the draft should be your primary method of building your team. But, when you need to do something extraordinary to get your Franchise QB, then Free Agency will have to augment your draft. There are a ton of O-linemen available in free agency this year. They can fix most of what ails them.

However, I hate the Redskins, so I am not trying to defend them. I just don't think they gave up all that much to get a franchise QB. And that's how you have to look at it. They did this for a Franchise QB. Not, to move up 4 spots in the draft.

March 11th, 2012, 10:31 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Snyder must be trying for the "worst owner in football" title. No player, not even Manning in his heyday, is worth that much.

It's not like QB is the only position that team needs to upgrade. That poor kid is going to get killed behind that offensive line.

They got their Franchise QB for two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. (yes, they gave up this years 1st round pick also. But, they are getting the Rams 1st round pick in exchange.)

That is not that much for a Franchise QB. Now, if he is a bust, the Redskins will never live it down. But, that is beside the point.

They just mortgaged their future for a POTENTIAL franchise quarterback. Sorry, I fully understand the importance of the quarterback position in the NFL. However, I also understand it is still a team game, and that Washington had the sixth pick in this draft not JUST because of poor QB play. They lack talent in many other spots. They have some issues in their secondary, and on their offensive line. They got nobody for RG3 to throw to. They are a franchise that is in rough shape, mostly due to a plethora of poor deals by this egomaniac owner who is STILL trying to buy a Super Bowl.

I'm not saying that Griffin won't turn out to be a great QB. But he has to have some folks around him, particularly as a rookie, to help him develop. I thought the Lions put Stafford in a bad situation, but this poor guy has got it even worse in Washington.

And while they didn't "give up" three first round picks, it did COST them three first round picks to move up four spots. That is guaranteed to be four top 40 picks in exchange for the rights to one player. That is too much, if you ask me.

Vincent Jackson, Mario Manningham, and several other good WR,s are available in free agency. There are more ways to build a team then just through the draft. It's true, the draft should be your primary method of building your team. But, when you need to do something extraordinary to get your Franchise QB, then Free Agency will have to augment your draft. There are a ton of O-linemen available in free agency this year. They can fix most of what ails them.

However, I hate the Redskins, so I am not trying to defend them. I just don't think they gave up all that much to get a franchise QB. And that's how you have to look at it. They did this for a Franchise QB. Not, to move up 4 spots in the draft.

And because of his outlandish deals in the past, the Redskins may have trouble landing some of those free agents. On top of which, he has tried using free agency as his team building tool in the past, and it has failed. Snyder has a sordid history of overpaying free agents, only to watch the team be mediocre, or worse, as a result. Snyder doesn't build teams, he builds a roster laden with talent. Big difference.

And I understand they traded to secure their chance for a franchise QB. They could have traded back and gotten one as well. Nobody knows if RG3 is going to be any more of a franchise QB in the NFL than Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins or Brock Osweiler. Certainly the odds are in favor of RG3. But one must weigh the potential versus the cost. I think the cost paid was entirely too high. Just my opinion.

March 11th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Team MVP

Agree M2. If they had a bunch of solid pieces around them and were a QB away from being a really good team, id say it was an ok trade. Their defense isnt too bad, even though it could use some upgrades in the secondary. Their O-line is horrible and hardly have any WRs to throw to. Their RBs cant stay healthy. Their colors are ugly (ok i guess thats not important).

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 11th, 2012, 2:27 pm
Heisman Winner

While I'm not sure if the trade was worth it I'm going to say that RGIII will be a great QB in the NFL. He's fast but doesn't rely on his feet all that much, he's got a quick release and a better than average arm. The comparison I hear the most is Steve Young, and while I don't think he'll be on the exact same level as Young I certainly think he can be compared in the end. Time will tell, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

March 11th, 2012, 8:42 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

kdsberman wrote:
Their colors are ugly (ok i guess thats not important).

They have to change the name of the team. It's not even about political correctness at this point--it is simply ridiculous to have a team called the Redskins in 2012.

March 11th, 2012, 9:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

And because of his outlandish deals in the past, the Redskins may have trouble landing some of those free agents. On top of which, he has tried using free agency as his team building tool in the past, and it has failed. Snyder has a sordid history of overpaying free agents, only to watch the team be mediocre, or worse, as a result. Snyder doesn't build teams, he builds a roster laden with talent. Big difference.

And I understand they traded to secure their chance for a franchise QB. They could have traded back and gotten one as well. Nobody knows if RG3 is going to be any more of a franchise QB in the NFL than Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins or Brock Osweiler. Certainly the odds are in favor of RG3. But one must weigh the potential versus the cost. I think the cost paid was entirely too high. Just my opinion.

I'm with M2K on this. Snyder is a fool!

Besides they gave up all these pics and the Redskins can't even be sure which QB they're going to get at # 2.

March 11th, 2012, 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm glad we only had to give up 16 straight losses for our franchise QB

March 11th, 2012, 11:18 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The trade was either incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid.

Look at it this way, would you give away Stafford for 2 first rounders and a second? I wouldn't. If RGIII is a franchise QB, the Redskins got a deal.

Synder through the dice, as he always does. Maybe he'll luck out for once.

March 12th, 2012, 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3