View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 rumor has it 
Varsity Captain

Post rumor has it
The rams are looking to shop there 2 2rd picks to add another 1rounder.I myself if I were the lions jump all ovver this.what do u guys think

March 13th, 2012, 5:06 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: rumor has it
Very tempting. I think it would depend on how the draft is shaping up as it reaches the 20s and if there's someone they feel they must have.

March 13th, 2012, 5:12 pm
RIP Killer

You move down 10 spots (23 to 33) in the draft to pick up and early 2nd (39)

Would you rather have an OL like Glenn/Martin/Konz or CB like Jenkins/Kirkpatrick
or have

OL like Adams/Zeitler or CB like Gilmore/Dennard or LB Brown

AND

a player like OL Osemele/Sanders, RB Miller or a BPA

it would be very tempting. Keep in mind that Mayhew and company always go for perceived value in round one and draft more on need in round 2. That said, pick 33 is virutally a first round pick and they would likely snatch their top value pick there. If they let CWill go could the add a DT like Worthy (MSU) to the mix? I could see a nice value falling to 33 who they would be tempted to take at 23 like Konz.

March 13th, 2012, 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

allenslions wrote:
The rams are looking to shop there 2 2rd picks to add another 1rounder.I myself if I were the lions jump all ovver this.what do u guys think

To me it's a no-brainer. Make the swap.

March 13th, 2012, 6:12 pm
Team MVP

Interesting, but I don't know if I would or not. Maybe if we did the trade then maybe used those to move back up again would I do it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 13th, 2012, 6:26 pm
League MVP

if thats available the lions should take it

March 13th, 2012, 7:26 pm
QB Coach

I'd want to see who falls to 23. If there is someone unexpected there (Decastro) , I'd rather take the player. IF there's no must have for us on the board and the Rams are interested, I'd take it and add and extra high level player to our roster.

March 13th, 2012, 7:56 pm
League MVP

or you could take the deal now before anyone else does and then plan accordingly and get a closer look at the players that will be there 10-20 picks down the board

March 13th, 2012, 8:46 pm
Varsity Captain

I think its in there best interest .they could have there pick of sttarting quality corners.chase minnifield would be my choice.then bobbie massie who I feel could start at either tackle position and doug martin who I compare to emmitt smith.we need to get tulloch resigned by releasing cory williams or trading him fo a late round pick.then offer brandon Carr 6 million a year with the 9 mill we just cleared.I also think we could save another 5 mill cutting hanson and bringing back dave rayner who we could pick up cheap.I also think they could pick up glen dorsey cheap when he gets cut. The lions need to be harsh this coffseason and not hold onto aging big money players. :arrow:

March 13th, 2012, 9:34 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
I think its in there best interest .they could have there pick of sttarting quality corners.chase minnifield would be my choice.then bobbie massie who I feel could start at either tackle position and doug martin who I compare to emmitt smith.we need to get tulloch resigned by releasing cory williams or trading him fo a late round pick.then offer brandon Carr 6 million a year with the 9 mill we just cleared.I also think we could save another 5 mill cutting hanson and bringing back dave rayner who we could pick up cheap.I also think they could pick up glen dorsey cheap when he gets cut. The lions need to be harsh this coffseason and not hold onto aging big money players. :arrow:

I agree, especially the Cory Williams part. He's played great but man does be take up the cap space.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 13th, 2012, 10:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

And the bigger reason we can drop C williams is... SLH is ready to be our 2nd/3rd DT paired with Suh/Fairley. He has been a good player since we got him and plays a ton of snaps already.

Although CWill has done well for us, the difference in $ is just too much compared to the difference in output between the 2 of them.

March 13th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

DJ-B wrote:
And the bigger reason we can drop C williams is... SLH is ready to be our 2nd/3rd DT paired with Suh/Fairley. He has been a good player since we got him and plays a ton of snaps already.

Although CWill has done well for us, the difference in $ is just too much compared to the difference in output between the 2 of them.

I was also in favor of cutting CWill, but then I saw a report that SLH won't sign his FA tender and will test the market. :? It's an original round tender, I believe--I could see someone giving up a 4th for him, so I'm a bit concerned.

March 14th, 2012, 12:51 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

thelomasbrowns wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

I was also in favor of cutting CWill, but then I saw a report that SLH won't sign his FA tender and will test the market. :? It's an original round tender, I believe--I could see someone giving up a 4th for him, so I'm a bit concerned.

Lions would be able to match any contract offer SLH receives. A draft pick is used as compensation only if the Lions choose not to match the offer. No risk of losing Hill unless the price is outrageous.

March 14th, 2012, 1:14 am

allenslions wrote:

What about Josh Norman later? Do you think he's on Mayhew's radar?

March 14th, 2012, 6:16 am
Varsity Captain

As I said a few weeks ago they loved josh norman.he is set for a private workout in allenpark in a few days.also on a side note cb brandon carr let it slip that he would love to play in front of his home town again.and as you know he is a flint native and former grandvalley state player.could be a nice inside tract for mayhew. :arrow: :arrow:

March 14th, 2012, 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next