View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CALVIN!!! 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post CALVIN!!!
Quote:
Image @ttwentyman
https://twitter.com/#!/ttwentyman/statu ... 0202880000

Calvin Johnson signs 7-year extension with Lions. 8 years total. Signed through 2019. Press conference at 1

March 14th, 2012, 10:45 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: CALVIN!!!
Love it :cheers:

Not much info out there right now, Lions having a 1PM new conference.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76854 ... roit-lions

March 14th, 2012, 10:51 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quote:
Image @ttwentyman

Calvin Johnson signs 7-year extension with Lions. 8 years total. Signed through 2019. Press conference at 1

Reported to be approximately $130M. I think that makes him the highest-paid WR ever, but a monster deal like this is what most everyone expected. The question is how much cap space will this clear?

March 14th, 2012, 10:54 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

7 yr extension at 132 million with 60 million gauranteed from what I've been reading.

March 14th, 2012, 10:59 am
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quote:
Image @ttwentyman

Reported to be approximately $130M. I think that makes him the highest-paid WR ever, but a monster deal like this is what most everyone expected. The question is how much cap space will this clear?

$130/8 - $16.25M per season. I'm sure quite a bit of it will be backloaded so I'm guessing for 2012 it could save the Leo's close to $10M.

March 14th, 2012, 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

mwill2 wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quote:
Image @ttwentyman

Frees up between 5-10 million, putting us at 16-21millionish under the cap. If they get Avril's done, we can get probably another 2-3.

March 14th, 2012, 11:06 am

exact number is $9 million so that should put us right around $20 million in room.

March 14th, 2012, 11:19 am

njroar wrote:
exact number is $9 million so that should put us right around $20 million in room.

Should be enough to sign Tulloch, Backus, and maybe enough space to get a DB or two from free agency.

March 14th, 2012, 11:23 am

Should be enough to sign Tulloch, Backus, Carr and Landry if healthy. Also the RT/G that's visiting friday. We don't have to worry about total contract $, just cap hit this year.

March 14th, 2012, 11:30 am
Mr. Irrelevant

It's good to know that he's here through his prime. Obviously I don't need to mention the room it freed up for us. I'm glad we were able to get the deal done. It'd be nice to use that up on some offensive line or defensive help.

March 14th, 2012, 11:50 am
RIP Killer

$132M, $60 M guar. He is now the highest paid non-QB in the league.

Good news, I can know buy my boys a CJ Fathead without having to worry he may be gone next year...

March 14th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:

Good news, I can know buy my boys a CJ Fathead without having to worry he may be gone next year...

That's the reason my wife didn't want to buy a CJ jersey last year. Looks like we'll have to pony up the cash for that jersey now.

March 14th, 2012, 12:15 pm

The Lions' official website will be streaming video of a Calvin press conference at 1pm today.

Contract details from NFL.com http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/14/lions-give-wr-johnson-53m-guaranteed-in-extension/

Quote:
By Jason La Canfora |

Published: March 14th, 2012 | Tags: 2012 free agency, Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions

The Lions locked up WR Calvin Johnson on Wednesday with a seven-year extension worth $113.5 million, according to league source.

The contract includes an existing roster bonus of $4.5 million that was due in the final year of Johnson’s rookie contract. The bonus was due on the second day of the new league year, and the extension was not done in time to void the final year of his rookie contract. The full eight-year package is worth roughly $130 million.

The contract also includes $53 million guaranteed, with his $1.25 million base salary in 2012 as well as $36 million in signing and option bonuses guaranteed. There is $11.5 million in future salary guaranteed for injury only.

Johnson could void the deal after the sixth year, but the Lions could also buy those years back if they pay him $3.5 million and a guaranteed $7 million in future salary at the end of the contract.

It’s a complicated structure but it’s a deal that had to happen. Johnson was set to count for more than $20 million against the salary cap, and the Lions had to create relief.

March 14th, 2012, 12:37 pm
All State

mwill2 wrote:
Pablo wrote:

That's the reason my wife didn't want to buy a CJ jersey last year. Looks like we'll have to pony up the cash for that jersey now.

Yup, time to get myself a CJ jersey too!

It's an absurd amount of money but he's hand's down the best WR in the league and a humble, hardworking player and a good teammate. We don't have to worry about him being a Diva or having off field issues like the Bears new prize possession that got stabbed in the stomach by his OWN WIFE last year and just got in a bar fight and supposedly punched a woman days before the trade. CJ is worth every penny. Stafford to CJ will be a fixture of this team for years and years to come. =D>

Now GO GET'EM MAYHEW! I'd like to see Tulloch, Landry, and Marshall or Carr. I hope we can pull off a worthwhile OT too if there is one out there still.

March 14th, 2012, 12:44 pm
Varsity Captain

I was getting alittle antsy cause there wasn't even a meow out of Allen Park!

But DAMNNNNN! When Mayhew, Lewand and I'm sure the Fords make a noise everbody can hear the ROAR!!!!!!!

Great Job FO and may I say thankyou very much.

March 14th, 2012, 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next