View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 1:29 am



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list) 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7483
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
There's talk of the Lions going after Cortland Finnegan, but I don't see it. He'll want $8M+ per year and the Lions can't afford that. The only way it's possible is if they let Avril walk, but even then, I think it's doubtful.


We just hired Finnegan's DB coach from the Titans to be our DB coach. I think we just announced that we are players in the Finnegan sweepstakes.


I figured we would be, and I can't stand it. Hello more talk of us being "dirty"... Welcome to the realm of the Bengals and Raiders...

](*,) :idea:


Embrace the dark side WJB. LOL.


February 15th, 2012, 11:55 am
Profile
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
There's talk of the Lions going after Cortland Finnegan, but I don't see it. He'll want $8M+ per year and the Lions can't afford that. The only way it's possible is if they let Avril walk, but even then, I think it's doubtful.


We just hired Finnegan's DB coach from the Titans to be our DB coach. I think we just announced that we are players in the Finnegan sweepstakes.


I figured we would be, and I can't stand it. Hello more talk of us being "dirty"... Welcome to the realm of the Bengals and Raiders...

](*,) :idea:


Embrace the dark side WJB. LOL.



No way, and if it happens you guys will all be crying "FOUL!" when this cancer ripples through the locker-room, calls are going against us, and you make the claim that we're being treated unfairly.


February 15th, 2012, 5:28 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3866
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
you say that...but tenesee has been "dirty" for years and no one thinks of them like they do the Raiders or Bengals.

that said you are correct about the potential calls/non-calls from the refs. A rep amongst fans I could care less about. when the refs sterio type us though, bad calls are a comming. we saw plenty of that at the end of the year.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


February 15th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9519
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
Colston resigns with NO for 5 years.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


March 13th, 2012, 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
Pablo wrote:
Colston resigns with NO for 5 years.


Not surprised.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


March 13th, 2012, 1:58 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7483
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
Eric Winston got cut by the Texans.

I say we sign him and cut Gosder. Huge upgrade at RT.


March 13th, 2012, 5:44 pm
Profile
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2815
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
BillySims wrote:
Eric Winston got cut by the Texans.

I say we sign him and cut Gosder. Huge upgrade at RT.


Definitely no. Zone Blocking Tackles aren't worth it, which is why Houston is cutting him.

Geoff Schwartz is coming in for visit friday. Played RT and Guard for Carolina in 2010 and was graded extremely high. Didn't play 2011 due to hip injury, so flying under the radar. Would be big upgrade over Gos or Peterman.


March 13th, 2012, 5:55 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7483
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Eric Winston got cut by the Texans.

I say we sign him and cut Gosder. Huge upgrade at RT.


Definitely no. Zone Blocking Tackles aren't worth it, which is why Houston is cutting him.

Geoff Schwartz is coming in for visit friday. Played RT and Guard for Carolina in 2010 and was graded extremely high. Didn't play 2011 due to hip injury, so flying under the radar. Would be big upgrade over Gos or Peterman.


Beyond what you just described him, I have never heard of this guy.

And while Eric Winston has played in a zone scheme in the NFL, he did not play zone scheme in college. And he has been considered somewhat of a bust in the NFL because he was expected to be a stud. Well, the zone blocking scheme is not right for him. He sounds like a really good Jim Schwartz reclamation project to me.


March 13th, 2012, 6:08 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7483
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
P.S. about Eric Winston.

You just gotta like a guy that can simply paint his face green and go to a Halloween Party and look just like Shrek. LOL.


March 13th, 2012, 6:12 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9945
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
As expected, the Chargers re-signed Jared Gaither to a new deal for 4 years. Marcus McNeill was released by the team on Tuesday, so all indications were there.

So much for the Lions making a push to sign Gaither. Do they take a chance on McNeill?

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


March 14th, 2012, 1:20 pm
Profile
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
m2karateman wrote:
As expected, the Chargers re-signed Jared Gaither to a new deal for 4 years. Marcus McNeill was released by the team on Tuesday, so all indications were there.

So much for the Lions making a push to sign Gaither. Do they take a chance on McNeill?


NOPE! Not likely now that we re-signed Backus. I'm happy that Jeff is coming back (even though I think we need to replace him, and replace him soon). We can groom a LT, look at Culbreath, and draft someone in later rounds, or see if the off-chance that Martin falls (again, I say no way in Hell). I just hope we don't draft Mike Adams and play him behind Backus for a year. I would be more comfortable with it, I just don't think Adams is going to be a great NFL LT.

I would rather fix our interior OL this year with grade A talent, and try to get a starting LT next year.


March 19th, 2012, 12:00 pm
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2815
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
As expected, the Chargers re-signed Jared Gaither to a new deal for 4 years. Marcus McNeill was released by the team on Tuesday, so all indications were there.

So much for the Lions making a push to sign Gaither. Do they take a chance on McNeill?


NOPE! Not likely now that we re-signed Backus. I'm happy that Jeff is coming back (even though I think we need to replace him, and replace him soon). We can groom a LT, look at Culbreath, and draft someone in later rounds, or see if the off-chance that Martin falls (again, I say no way in Hell). I just hope we don't draft Mike Adams and play him behind Backus for a year. I would be more comfortable with it, I just don't think Adams is going to be a great NFL LT.

I would rather fix our interior OL this year with grade A talent, and try to get a starting LT next year.


The way the pieces are falling, I think they know Backus is a stop gap, but 2 years gives us time to see what Fox/Culbreath have while having Hilliard as an emergency tackle and wait til next season to possibly trade up for LT. Everything so far is pointing to us going CB in the 1st round.


March 19th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Profile
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
njroar wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
As expected, the Chargers re-signed Jared Gaither to a new deal for 4 years. Marcus McNeill was released by the team on Tuesday, so all indications were there.

So much for the Lions making a push to sign Gaither. Do they take a chance on McNeill?


NOPE! Not likely now that we re-signed Backus. I'm happy that Jeff is coming back (even though I think we need to replace him, and replace him soon). We can groom a LT, look at Culbreath, and draft someone in later rounds, or see if the off-chance that Martin falls (again, I say no way in Hell). I just hope we don't draft Mike Adams and play him behind Backus for a year. I would be more comfortable with it, I just don't think Adams is going to be a great NFL LT.

I would rather fix our interior OL this year with grade A talent, and try to get a starting LT next year.


The way the pieces are falling, I think they know Backus is a stop gap, but 2 years gives us time to see what Fox/Culbreath have while having Hilliard as an emergency tackle and wait til next season to possibly trade up for LT. Everything so far is pointing to us going CB in the 1st round.



I agree. It's looking more and more like a CB is going to be our first round pick. I don't like it, but I understand.

I just don't see a rookie at pick 23 coming in and outplaying Berry. I see a rookie CB inevitably making big mistakes that cost us games, and I don't think we should be starting a rookie CB with our safety situation. IMO Delmas and Spivey are less than stellar, and only further complicates the liability of starting a rookie CB. Further, IMO the CBs that are likely going to be there at 23 (Jenkins, Gilmore, Denard) are more like 2nd and 3rd round CBs of prior drafts. For that reason, the CB that's there is likely going to be a reach. Of the three I like Gilmore the most, but I do think Jenkins has the biggest upside - his character issues are scarey though, regardless of how "remorseful" he is.

That said, I still think interior OL is the way to go. We would add size, strength, run blocking, free up cap space, and "fix" our Raiola situation next year. It's the pick that makes the most sense to me. I think we should look hard at Porter or Ross to "fix" our CB issue.


March 19th, 2012, 2:35 pm
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2815
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
Both Landry and Atogwe are coming for visits, so I doubt Speivey will be an issue. They resigned Coleman as well.

Porter is still out there as well, but they could wait til after the draft to bring him in.


March 19th, 2012, 2:43 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3376
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Top 50 Free Agents (couple of Lions on the list)
njroar wrote:
Both Landry and Atogwe are coming for visits, so I doubt Speivey will be an issue. They resigned Coleman as well.

Porter is still out there as well, but they could wait til after the draft to bring him in.


Apparently the Jets are pushing hard to get Landry. Hope we are doing the same.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 19th, 2012, 3:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.