View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 29th, 2014, 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 A question for all u konz guys 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: A question for all u konz guys
turbin looked like a beast at the combine, i think he s a real sleeper in this draft.

February 27th, 2012, 10:19 pm
Team MVP

I had to miss the DBs today due to work. But I did DVR it, might have to check it out.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

February 28th, 2012, 9:10 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

oh he s a running back from Utah State.

February 28th, 2012, 9:39 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Getting back on topic, I would have no problem if the Lions selected Peter Konz. They could drop Peterman and play him at RG for a year or two before he took over for Raiola. It would benefit the team for the now and the future.

March 11th, 2012, 1:10 am
Hall of Fame Player

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan did their first Mock draft on Friday. Konz was not a 1st round pick.

No OC's, Safeties, and no TE's went in the 1st round.

They had us drafting Zach Brown OLB North Carolina. They claimed he is absolutely perfect for what Schwartz looks for in a linebacker.

March 11th, 2012, 10:18 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan did their first Mock draft on Friday. Konz was not a 1st round pick.

They had us drafting Zach Brown OLB North Carolina. They claimed he is absolutely perfect for what Schwartz looks for in a linebacker.

Shows what they know. We want a linebacker that can run a 4.5, but has the football instincts of a gnat? I don't think so.

March 11th, 2012, 2:06 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Shows what they know. We want a linebacker that can run a 4.5, but has the football instincts of a gnat? I don't think so.

I agree. I say NO on Zach Brown. If we were 1 LB away from a SB (is that possible?), id say maybe. I dont even see Brown going in the first round.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I agree. I say NO on Zach Brown. If we were 1 LB away from a SB (is that possible?), id say maybe. I dont even see Brown going in the first round.

What about that LB from Boston College?

March 11th, 2012, 6:33 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BillySims wrote:

What about that LB from Boston College?

He wont be there when the Lions pick. And just in case you're implying about my previous dislike for Kuechly, I completely admit I was wrong and apparently didnt watch him enough. Therefore, after watching him "enough", I will gladly say he would look great in a Lions jersey, and play great for that matter. Unfortunately, he'll probably be wearing an Eagles jersey at pick 15.

March 11th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Quote:
He wont be there when the Lions pick. And just in case you're implying about my previous dislike for Kuechly, I completely admit I was wrong and apparently didnt watch him enough. Therefore, after watching him "enough", I will gladly say he would look great in a Lions jersey, and play great for that matter. Unfortunately, he'll probably be wearing an Eagles jersey at pick 15.
True he won't be there @23, but I think i felt the same way about him as you did. I'm a believer now though

March 12th, 2012, 12:30 am
All State

In an ideal outcome thought thought of McNiel, Winston, and Konz all joining the OL has me drolling right now! How great would that be to see a nearly full Oline revamp like we've been begging for for YEARS?!

March 15th, 2012, 1:19 pm

DisgruntledFan wrote:
In an ideal outcome thought thought of McNiel, Winston, and Konz all joining the OL has me drolling right now! How great would that be to see a nearly full Oline revamp like we've been begging for for YEARS?!

The problem with that is OLs take time to Gell, and with a whole new set of players (even with more talent) you could actually see regression from last years performance. Id like to see 1 more bonafide trusted Starter in FA (Think Rob Sims when we brought him in) and 1-2 High (1st-3rd round) Draft Pick to push a starter/replace them this year or by next at the latest. If they only get 0-1 in rd 1-3 then 1 more developmental guy would be nice as well, but when you try and replace 3+ starters in 1 season on the OL you are just asking for issues.

March 15th, 2012, 2:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

The problem with that is OLs take time to Gell, and with a whole new set of players (even with more talent) you could actually see regression from last years performance. Id like to see 1 more bonafide trusted Starter in FA (Think Rob Sims when we brought him in) and 1-2 High (1st-3rd round) Draft Pick to push a starter/replace them this year or by next at the latest. If they only get 0-1 in rd 1-3 then 1 more developmental guy would be nice as well, but when you try and replace 3+ starters in 1 season on the OL you are just asking for issues.

Excellent points. If they can upgrade at RG or RT, that would be cool. A first round pick on a OT will mean they reached, unless they traded down. It takes time for an offensive line to learn each others nuances, and that lends itself in a big way toward their success as a unit. There are players that may be available in round two that I like for the offensive line. Guys like Brandon Washington or Kelechi Osemele can play OG or RT for us. I would definitely like to be rid of Peterman and Cherilus. If both get replaced this season, so be it. But beyond that, I wouldn't be too, too comfortable if they also got a new LT in the fray along with the new RG and RT.

We'll see how they handle this.

March 15th, 2012, 5:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I am backing away from Eric Winston. It's been reported that he wants to be the highest paid RT. He's good. But, he isn't that good.

March 16th, 2012, 8:54 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

BillySims wrote:
I am backing away from Eric Winston. It's been reported that he wants to be the highest paid RT. He's good. But, he isn't that good.

That's just how his agent wants to start negotiating. He won't necessarily get what he wants; rather, he'll take the best offer he gets. The Lions should make an offer if they want him. If another team offers him a ridiculous deal, then let him walk.

March 16th, 2012, 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next