View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 rumor has it 
Team MVP

Post Re: rumor has it
allenslions wrote:
Looks like landry will be offered a contract when he shows up to allenpark.also if mcneil passes his exam with our med staff look for him to get a 1 year offer to prove he can stay healthy.its a risk but if he does its a huge upgrade.also the lions are now looking hard at cb kirpatrickk with him kinda falling a bit.and with major players ahhead of us in thee draft getting them in freeagency.the draft is gettig interesting.also gilmore who I thought was much smoother in the drills then kirpatrick is climing pretty quick.no matter how they fall its about an 80% chance they go corner with there first pick followed with a running back.also the lions are r gonna wait out tulloch like last year.he didn't get tthe big offer last year and he won't this year.because he is a good mlber he doesn't wow people.

I love it!

I was wondering about Landry. I know they were interested but havent heard ANY updates. Hope we can get him signed. When healthy, Landry will provide a huge upgrade over Spievey. When is he coming to Allen Park?

I think signing McNeil (if they sign him) to a 1-year deal is smart, obviously due to his injury history. The problem is, and correct me if im wrong, they have to sign SOMEONE because currently we dont have a LT under contract. McNeil would be a great addition if healthy.

I dont know about anyone else, but I'd be very pleased with Dre Kirkpatrick. I think hes a solid CB. One thing I like about him is hes a tall CB. I definetely had a feeling that with Finnegan, Marshall, and Carr being signed, and with Wright not being re-signed, that the Lions would definetely look to the draft for a starting caliber CB.

I kind of have my doubts though that Kirkpatrick will fall to #23. I hope im wrong.

I can live with RB in round 2 (i suppose), but please tell me they will look for OL after that, round 3 at the least.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 15th, 2012, 11:19 pm
QB Coach

I like Landry but his injuries scare me a little. I was talking about him with another redskins fan and he called him undisciplined and I agree. Huge talent but needs to play within the scheme and stay healthy.

I'm starting to like Gilmore more and more at 23. I don't want a RB in round 2. 3 at the earliest.

March 16th, 2012, 12:08 am
Varsity Captain

I find it very funny that everyone wants a better running game. But nobody wants to invest a high pick in one.so I,m gonna go with the rest of you wnd prey that best can stay healthy and lashoure beats the odds and can play at a high level.cause if they can't. I just can't see us beating out a much improved bears team.let alone the pack.

March 16th, 2012, 6:33 am
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
I find it very funny that everyone wants a better running game. But nobody wants to invest a high pick in one.so I,m gonna go with the rest of you wnd prey that best can stay healthy and lashoure beats the odds and can play at a high level.cause if they can't. I just can't see us beating out a much improved bears team.let alone the pack.

well, most people on this board understand that part of the issue with the running game has been the blocking more so than the actual backs. Upgrade at RG and RT and we will improve that running game, and I think that is what most people are looking for. Peterman is a joke, and Gosder is....well, an idiot.

Adding Landry would be a good move, but I am hoping Gunther and Schwartz drill him on what's expected of him defensively. He is undisciplined, particularly in coverage. McNeill would be a solid one year deal. But, like everyone else, his back and neck issues concern me.

What's the story with Jason Fox? Is he healthy? Do the Lions truly believe he can be their LT of the future?

March 16th, 2012, 6:58 am
Varsity Captain

My new lions mock. 1rd-kirpatrick -rd2-vinny curry - rd3- brandon brooks-4rd-nigell bradham 5rd-vontaze burfict. 6rd cody johnson - 7rd- cris owasu and these freeagents landry,arron ross,mcneil,micheal bush,an resign tulloch,palmer,hill.then bring in an udfa for 3rd string qb.

March 16th, 2012, 9:46 am
Hall of Fame Player

allenslions wrote:
My new lions mock. 1rd-kirpatrick -rd2-vinny curry - rd3- brandon brooks-4rd-nigell bradham 5rd-vontaze burfict. 6rd cody johnson - 7rd- cris owasu and these freeagents landry,arron ross,mcneil,micheal bush,an resign tulloch,palmer,hill.then bring in an udfa for 3rd string qb.

While Burfict was an idiot. I really don't believe he will slide all the way to the 5th round. He may be an idiot. But, he is an idiot with talent. He will be gone before the 3rd round ends.

March 16th, 2012, 9:57 am
Varsity Captain

Billy I agree about the kids talent but when you look out of shape and bad in drills follow that up with running a 5.00 40 then act uncoachable and immature. The 5th round is optimistic for him.I know atleast 12gm,s that won't draft him at all.the lions would be reaching for him.but I think with our lockerroom an playing behind tulloch will give him time to mature.plus jimmy shwartz doesn't mind a player percieved as dirty.(suh,finnigan).

March 16th, 2012, 11:07 am
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:

Id take that draft in a heartbeat.

Landry apparently has a date with the Jets - we better hope he doesnt sign there.

Id love to sign Bush rather than using a high round draft pick on one.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 16th, 2012, 12:17 pm
Varsity Captain

Looks like mcneil passes his med exams and was offered a 1 year deal similar to tullochs last year.his agent is keeping on the table but will continue shopping for a longer term deal.like tulloch no one is gonna offer one.he will be a lion.mayhew is slick

March 16th, 2012, 2:32 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
allenslions wrote:

While Burfict was an idiot. I really don't believe he will slide all the way to the 5th round. He may be an idiot. But, he is an idiot with talent. He will be gone before the 3rd round ends.

Really? Who would have thought Blount would go undrafted? He was a first round talent before the punch. The talent was still there, but teams still passed on him. I believe there is a strong chance the kid goes undrafted.

March 16th, 2012, 3:22 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
Looks like mcneil passes his med exams and was offered a 1 year deal similar to tullochs last year.his agent is keeping on the table but will continue shopping for a longer term deal.like tulloch no one is gonna offer one.he will be a lion.mayhew is slick

Good news. Hopefully the Chiefs and Falcons dont offer him more.

March 16th, 2012, 3:41 pm
Team MVP

Any idea when Landry is supposed to visit? Or has he already?

March 16th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
allenslions wrote:

I dunno, the whole Burfict thing reminds me of Deandre McDaniel from last year

March 16th, 2012, 6:07 pm
League MVP

Quote:

they already didnt tender palmer? do you think they did so bc they think they can get him back cheaper than the tender rate? i really liked the guy as a rookie but he looked lost on defense this season - im not for or against having him back but i view him as strictly a special teamer at this point.

i like your first 3 picks in the draft but i dont believe we ll have the cap space to make those signings as ross/bush/tulloch/hill will command some money. id say draft robert turbin as a RB in rd4/5 range. also if we sign Ross I would be a little surprised if we drafted Kirpatrick but that would be a very strong corner group and id be happy with it. also - how do you see the lions addressing the punter and PR/KR positions? that both badly need upgrades

March 16th, 2012, 8:19 pm
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
Quote:

they already didnt tender palmer? do you think they did so bc they think they can get him back cheaper than the tender rate? i really liked the guy as a rookie but he looked lost on defense this season - im not for or against having him back but i view him as strictly a special teamer at this point.

i like your first 3 picks in the draft but i dont believe we ll have the cap space to make those signings as ross/bush/tulloch/hill will command some money. id say draft robert turbin as a RB in rd4/5 range. also if we sign Ross I would be a little surprised if we drafted Kirpatrick but that would be a very strong corner group and id be happy with it. also - how do you see the lions addressing the punter and PR/KR positions? that both badly need upgrades

With the Lions being around $15M under the cap right now, and with the likelihood of Avril getting a long term deal, I can see them being $20M under the cap before signing any FAs. That should get them enough to sign Tulloch, Landry and Aaron Ross. McNeill, if he's signed, would not get a huge deal since he's coming off injury and has a history of it. I think we are going to lose Shaun Hill, and Palmer leaving or staying really doesn't cause me concern. If they sign Tulloch to a long term deal, they should be able to get his 2012 cap number to be around $4.5 to $5M, or possibly less. Landry and Ross would be less than that, I think. McNeill for around $4M would be fair, as long as that number is the max he can make with performance bonus money and other incentives. Michael Bush is the one FA listed that I am not that big on. He'd be a decent addition, but it would depend on his asking price.

Just remember, $20M is about one sixth of the total cap.....that's quite a bit of money to have at your disposal.

March 17th, 2012, 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next