View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 4:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Colts to release Peyton Manning 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9984
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
49ers wrote:
OMG! HE'S CLOSE TO SIGNING WITH THE NINERS! YES! YES! YES!


He's visiting, not necessarily signing.

There is a fundamental issue here, and that is the fact that Harbaugh isn't likely to give up control of the offense that easily to Manning. Like it or not, admit it or not, Harbaugh is a control freak. Always has been, always will be. Manning isn't going to just sign on the dotted line and then say "tell me what to do coach". That's not his way of doing things. So what we have here is two rocks just waiting to bang together.

No, 49ers, he's very unlikely to sign in 'frisco for that very reason. Manning wants to win, and there is no doubt that San Fran will give him the best chance of that. However, he doesn't want to play in the NFC and possibly keep baby bro from getting to the SB, or worse yet have his baby bro stop him from getting to the SB. I fully expect Peyton Manning to sign with Tennessee.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


March 16th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
.

I jumped to conclusions on a bad tweet. *&T^$*^@RYH(@Y
regularjoe12 wrote:
so much for smith being so good eh niners? lol
mwill2 wrote:
But...but...Alex Smith is a great QB...right? :roll:

Yeah I have never really liked Smith. I said I trusted him.... you know what? I'm not repeating myself yet again. Go look it up if you really care. Besides, Manning would be an upgrade over almost any QB in the league, even at 35. Can you really blame me for being excited?

m2karateman wrote:
There is a fundamental issue here, and that is the fact that Harbaugh isn't likely to give up control of the offense that easily to Manning. Like it or not, admit it or not, Harbaugh is a control freak. Always has been, always will be. Manning isn't going to just sign on the dotted line and then say "tell me what to do coach". That's not his way of doing things. So what we have here is two rocks just waiting to bang together.

No, 49ers, he's very unlikely to sign in 'frisco for that very reason. Manning wants to win, and there is no doubt that San Fran will give him the best chance of that. However, he doesn't want to play in the NFC and possibly keep baby bro from getting to the SB, or worse yet have his baby bro stop him from getting to the SB. I fully expect Peyton Manning to sign with Tennessee.

Harbs isn't a control freak as much as you may think. He does have control over more than most coaches, but mostly because he puts in the extra time and effort to deal with even the most minuscule of details. I have seen him delegate responsibility quite a bit, so to put Manning in control often wouldn't be a shocker to me. One of Harbs best attributes is his intelligence and his ability to Trust people. He knows who Manning is and what he can do, he'll trust him on and off the field.

The second thing you said would probably be a bigger reason he wouldn't go to SF than the first thing you said. NFC = Eli's house. The 49ers play the Giants this year too, and if they met in the playoffs.... ugh. I can see the Titans or Broncos before the 49ers, but I still wouldn't count us out.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


March 16th, 2012, 7:21 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 800
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
Agreed ^

But that said I would rather have Stafford over Manning at this point in both of their careers.


March 16th, 2012, 7:40 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
aManNamedSuh wrote:
Agreed ^

But that said I would rather have Stafford over Manning at this point in both of their careers.


Me too! Absolutely.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 16th, 2012, 8:19 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2375
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
49ers wrote:
Harbs isn't a control freak as much as you may think.


Yeah, I mean, it's not like he throws to receivers they're thinking about signing or anything like that. :?

_________________
"There were a couple times where I was just like, 'Is that legal?" Warford said. "Cause he was getting laid out. I was like, 'Someone might call the cops. This is not fair.'"


March 16th, 2012, 8:55 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
Like half the fans here are REALLY cool, and the other half are the exact opposite. Such a parity.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


March 16th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
49ers wrote:
Like half the fans here are REALLY cool, and the other half are the exact opposite. Such a parity.

I better be one of the cool ones! Lol

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 16th, 2012, 11:08 pm
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: February 12th, 2006, 4:20 pm
Posts: 1861
Location: Des Moines, IA
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
49ers wrote:
Like half the fans here are REALLY cool, and the other half are the exact opposite. Such a parity.


That's only b/c you agree with half...........and the other half.............well.....

_________________
Image


March 17th, 2012, 1:12 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2286
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
Titans. sorry to spoil the suspense

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


March 17th, 2012, 1:19 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9984
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
There's no doubt in my mind that if Manning wants to win, and win now San Fran is his best option. All the pieces are there for him. Moss and Crabtree would be like Harrison and Wayne, Davis would be like Clark, and Gore can be very much like Edge. Probably not quite as good, but those guys can be close to that for this year. The thing that Peyton would experience is that right now the 49ers defense is better than any he had in Indy, and their offensive line is pretty solid.

That said, I still think he stays out of the NFC because of his brother. I think Tennessee is his new team. But no way will Tennessee win a bunch of games this year. Their defense is trashed, and their interior offensive line is terrible. I don't know how much they are under the cap, but to sign Manning they'll probably be staring at paying him at least $20M for the season.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


March 17th, 2012, 11:59 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
m2karateman wrote:
There's no doubt in my mind that if Manning wants to win, and win now San Fran is his best option. All the pieces are there for him. Moss and Crabtree would be like Harrison and Wayne, Davis would be like Clark, and Gore can be very much like Edge. Probably not quite as good, but those guys can be close to that for this year. The thing that Peyton would experience is that right now the 49ers defense is better than any he had in Indy, and their offensive line is pretty solid.

That said, I still think he stays out of the NFC because of his brother. I think Tennessee is his new team. But no way will Tennessee win a bunch of games this year. Their defense is trashed, and their interior offensive line is terrible. I don't know how much they are under the cap, but to sign Manning they'll probably be staring at paying him at least $20M for the season.


Though what you said is very understandable, I have a real hard time believing he WONT sign in San Fran. I just wish he would sign so every time I turn the TV on i dont have to hear about it.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


March 17th, 2012, 1:09 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 800
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
There's no doubt in my mind that if Manning wants to win, and win now San Fran is his best option. All the pieces are there for him. Moss and Crabtree would be like Harrison and Wayne, Davis would be like Clark, and Gore can be very much like Edge. Probably not quite as good, but those guys can be close to that for this year. The thing that Peyton would experience is that right now the 49ers defense is better than any he had in Indy, and their offensive line is pretty solid.

That said, I still think he stays out of the NFC because of his brother. I think Tennessee is his new team. But no way will Tennessee win a bunch of games this year. Their defense is trashed, and their interior offensive line is terrible. I don't know how much they are under the cap, but to sign Manning they'll probably be staring at paying him at least $20M for the season.


Though what you said is very understandable, I have a real hard time believing he WONT sign in San Fran. I just wish he would sign so every time I turn the TV on i dont have to hear about it.

I thought I read today that he told the 9ers, Cards and Dolphins that they were out. He's narrowed it down to Titans and Denver.


March 17th, 2012, 2:49 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
aManNamedSuh wrote:
I thought I read today that he told the 9ers, Cards and Dolphins that they were out. He's narrowed it down to Titans and Denver.

If anything, there are reports that the Broncos chances are diminished. Cards and Dolphins are definitely out. Despite the report, the Broncos, 49ers, and Titans are indeed the 3 current ones in the hunt. Don't forget last year though, when Asomaugh (whatever, I'm too lazy to look his name up) was down to the Jets or some other team.... and then signed with the Eagles out of nowhere. That could happen here too. Who knows.

There might be a revenge factor too. Joining the Titans gives him a chance to face his old team at least twice a year. That could be big for him.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


March 17th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 800
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
How quickly things change, I could have sworn the ESPN ticker said that this morning but I could be mistaken. To be honest if I where Manning I would say the hell with Eli and play for the 9ers. The possibility to win multiple championships would be the thing I would key in on, but for some reason I feel like he's going to go to Denver. That's my gut, no real source though.


March 17th, 2012, 5:25 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7550
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning
I hope the 49ers do get Manning. They will be a great team for about 2-3 years. And then, they will be a good team that sucks because they no longer have a QB. LOL.


March 17th, 2012, 9:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.