View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 rumor has it 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: rumor has it
Bell played at an extremely hjgh level last season.an I was right on. tulloch
resigned for 5 years.

March 20th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
Bell played at an extremely hjgh level last season.an I was right on. tulloch
resigned for 5 years.

You're right about Bell...I only know this because he was a D player on my fantasy team and got me some good points!

Good call on Tulloch.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 20th, 2012, 8:44 pm
Varsity Captain

Now. Back to the draft.its now a 99.9% chance we go corner at 23.and here is how the lions have them graded.fitzpatrick,gilmore,jenkens.anyone of these three the lions feel are worth the pick.fitz they feel is a more polished player where gilmore has more upside.and wjth me sitting in there this year I,m gonna be pushing gilmore hard.I just see a little stiffness in fitz that I don't like.and with some work on gilmore,s technique the sky,s the limit with him.

March 20th, 2012, 9:28 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
Now. Back to the draft.its now a 99.9% chance we go corner at 23.and here is how the lions have them graded.fitzpatrick,gilmore,jenkens.anyone of these three the lions feel are worth the pick.fitz they feel is a more polished player where gilmore has more upside.and wjth me sitting in there this year I,m gonna be pushing gilmore hard.I just see a little stiffness in fitz that I don't like.and with some work on gilmore,s technique the sky,s the limit with him.

Who the Hell is Fitzpatrick? Are you talking about Dre KIRKpatrick?

March 20th, 2012, 9:54 pm
League MVP

bills qb re entering draft?

March 20th, 2012, 10:41 pm
Varsity Captain

Wow I need a break.all these names are starting to run together.

March 20th, 2012, 11:54 pm
Varsity Captain

Ashlee palmer has resigned.and they will be meeting with bell by the end of the week.if bell excepts the offer from us that will be it until draft day.also kirkpatrick if he,s there I think has cemented his selection by detroit with his visit yesterday.coach an martin are just in love with him.and my little birdie told me coach said during his private workout(gunn that's my shutdown corner).

March 21st, 2012, 4:15 am
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
Ashlee palmer has resigned.and they will be meeting with bell by the end of the week.if bell excepts the offer from us that will be it until draft day.also kirkpatrick if he,s there I think has cemented his selection by detroit with his visit yesterday.coach an martin are just in love with him.and my little birdie told me coach said during his private workout(gunn that's my shutdown corner).

I like what I hear, thanks Allenslions!

Id be very pleased with taking Dre Kirkpatrick. I think he would fill a big need and be a huge value at #23.

Now what happens if he isnt there at 23, do they take the next best CB? Try trading up for him? The bottom line is we have no CB other than Houston.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 21st, 2012, 9:32 am
Varsity Captain

The chances of him being there are excellent.everyone knew dallas wwas gonna be the one to keep him from detroit.but they got there corner in freeagency and are gonna go after decastro or or even trade down for konz.then there,s the bengals but there in love with jenkins.so that leaves kirkpatrick all to us.I would stake my reputation on him being our selection.him and if we can sign bell and the addition of lacey who is a solid young corner in his own right our secondary should be much improved.

March 21st, 2012, 10:48 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

allenslions wrote:
The chances of him being there are excellent.everyone knew dallas wwas gonna be the one to keep him from detroit.but they got there corner in freeagency and are gonna go after decastro or or even trade down for konz.then there,s the bengals but there in love with jenkins.so that leaves kirkpatrick all to us.I would stake my reputation on him being our selection.him and if we can sign bell and the addition of lacey who is a solid young corner in his own right our secondary should be much improved.

Hope you are right! I haven't seen you wrong very much(if at all).. so you have my hopes up.

NEVER GIVE UP!

March 21st, 2012, 11:56 am
I don't think he'll be there, but even with the Tulloch signing, does anyone think we'd go after Kuchley if he's available? IMO he would be the BPA by far if he's there, we could play him at OLB for a year or two and move him inside if he excels, or swap he and Tulloch (I know Tulloch would be mad, but it's either that or trade him).

Also, is there any chance that we would be interested in signing Hawthorne even with Tulloch on our team? The rumor was he was going to cost less than Tulloch (so I'm thinking $3.5-4.5).

I know we're kind of "set" at LB with Tulloch resigned, but IMO you can never have enough talent back there, and talent trumps physical attributes at the LB spot. IMO Kuchley would be the BPA if he falls to us by some miracle (I know I'm talking a hypothetical here), and he'd be a great addition and a very nice potential upgrade perhaps slightly down the road.

I won't be peeved about Kirpatrick, but still, I think he's going to be gone. I'm glad we have Gilmore rated above Jenkins, and honestly, I'm kind of shocked. That said, IMO this CB class is weak, and if we can get a starting, solid MLB at 23 we should. They're tougher to come by, IMO than mid-grade CBs. Those always seem to be available in the mid-mid/late first round.

I guess what I'm getting at is... Is this draft CB or bust in the first round, or is it still BPA?

March 21st, 2012, 7:11 pm
Varsity Captain

Well first thing luke will be gone before we pick as there are atleast three teams on the hunt for him.and you think kirkpatrick will be gone tell me the Three teams that will be taking a corner ahead of us.and remember the bengals have jenkins primed as there first pick.

March 21st, 2012, 8:06 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
Well first thing luke will be gone before we pick as there are atleast three teams on the hunt for him.and you think kirkpatrick will be gone tell me the Three teams that will be taking a corner ahead of us.and remember the bengals have jenkins primed as there first pick.

Though I completely understand what you're saying, IMO its hard to rule any team out of drafting a CB with the way this game is turning into. Some team may have Dre as the BPA on their board with them taking a BPA approach even though CB might not be their top priority. Kinda like how DT wasnt ours last year but Fairley fell. Maybe im wrong, and I hope i am, i just get nervous some team will steal him ahead of us.

Even if they do, id be more than happy with Gilmore at 23.

March 21st, 2012, 9:05 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:

I could still see Dallas taking Kirkpatrick. If DeCastro is taken ahead of them (Seattle or Arizona), then Dallas may decide that Brandon Carr has one side, but they want help on the other side. Not saying that it will be that way, but I think it's a remote possibility.

Seattle cut Marcus Trufant, so is it possible they go with Kirkpatrick? I don't think so, but stranger things have happened.

Cinci has two picks ahead of us. Would they consider taking Kirkpatrick if Jenkins is gone? I think they would. Cleveland may consider it with their 22nd pick.

The other obvious concern is that some team with a need at corner trades ahead of us. You had mentioned that St. Louis was looking to move back into round one with their second round picks. I think Cinci or Cleveland may be willing to trade down with their 21st or 22nd picks, and the Rams have a need at corner. Possible? Yes. Probable? No. But stranger things have happened.

New England, in my opinion, is another candidate to possibly jump ahead if Kirkpatrick is still on the board around the #20 pick.

I'm sure there are other teams who may have an interest in Kirkpatrick who would consider moving ahead of the Lions, but it's late and I'm too tired to think about it any longer.

March 21st, 2012, 11:51 pm
Team MVP

BUT..we also have to remember, kinda like Allenslions said in another thread, its all about what each team has at its positional rankings. Remember in 2010 when Jacksonville took Tyson Alualu, when guys like Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, and Brian Price were all rated higher by most sources? You never know who might think some other corner is a better fit for their team.

March 22nd, 2012, 12:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next