View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Question for Evangelicals who believe in Tebow 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Question for Evangelicals who believe in Tebow
Would you want the Lions to trade for him? Should he start over Staff?

March 21st, 2012, 8:55 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Question for Evangelicals who believe in Tebow
Sorry Lomas, I believe in Jesus, but like Tebow.

Tebow appears to be an excellent team mate, and is doing an excellent job outside of football with his foundations and personal visits, but I don't understand where you are going with this question?

Do I believe that God would make him a great football player? Not unless he wanted to. In fact, I believe God has used Tim in the context that Tim was to be used. He's drawn a very vivid example of his faith, and demonstrated that he's genuine, in spite of the personal attacks. Will he win a Super Bowl, or be an Elway, Marino, Farve, I don't think so. Football was the vehicle that got him to the stage, and he demonstrated his message while the light was on him, and now his time on stage is done. But that's my opinion, and I could not claim any prophetic vision about his future, that's between him and God.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 21st, 2012, 12:44 pm
RIP Killer

Tebow to the Jets, for 10 hail marys and a 4th round draft pick.

March 21st, 2012, 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Tebow and 7th for 4th and 6th. They're not going to keep 4 QB's. Stanton gets cut, pockets money and re-signs with us?

March 21st, 2012, 1:09 pm

njroar wrote:
Tebow and 7th for 4th and 6th. They're not going to keep 4 QB's. Stanton gets cut, pockets money and re-signs with us?

I was thinking the same thing.

March 21st, 2012, 1:10 pm

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Tebow appears to be an excellent team mate, and is doing an excellent job outside of football with his foundations and personal visits, but I don't understand where you are going with this question?

Do I believe that God would make him a great football player? Not unless he wanted to. In fact, I believe God has used Tim in the context that Tim was to be used. He's drawn a very vivid example of his faith, and demonstrated that he's genuine, in spite of the personal attacks. Will he win a Super Bowl, or be an Elway, Marino, Farve, I don't think so. Football was the vehicle that got him to the stage, and he demonstrated his message while the light was on him, and now his time on stage is done. But that's my opinion, and I could not claim any prophetic vision about his future, that's between him and God.

I was just curious what the 'Tebow as an instrument of God' crowd thought. If that's what one truly believed, then shouldn't he/she want him as the starting QB?

March 21st, 2012, 1:13 pm
RIP Killer

I'm hearing there may be some complications in this deal, primarily the Jets would have to pay some "recapture" money to the Broncos (something like $5M). So cool your Jets and stop Tebowing for a minute whilst we sort through this mess. Might just take a higher power to do it!!!

March 21st, 2012, 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

I was just curious what the 'Tebow as an instrument of God' crowd thought. If that's what one truly believed, then shouldn't he/she want him as the starting QB?

Tim Tebow is a great man of God. Tim Tebow, however, is not a great QB. He would make a good backup QB and 1st team Minister. I would not want him as our starter so we can go from 30+ points/game to about 13 points/game.

March 22nd, 2012, 4:00 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I dont believe in Tebow...he's a figment of your imagination.

On a serious note I don't believe in his QB skills

Quote:

So a good christian is instantly a good carpenter? Mechanic? astro physisist? One has very little to do with the other. and I dont know if I'd call Tebow an "instrument of God" any more than anyone else on the planet.

March 23rd, 2012, 8:49 am

Quote:
Pat Robertson thinks a Peyton Manning injury would be karma
By Reid Cherner, USA TODAY
Updated 6h 47m ago
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... 21RrjuvLTo

Televangelist Pat Robertson is not happy with the Broncos shipping out Tim Tebow. So unhappy that he's wishing Peyton Manning bad karma.

Robertson has his own bounty out on the new QB.

Robertson said Denver treated Tebow "shabbily" after all he did for the "nothing team" last season.

"And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right," he said.

March 24th, 2012, 12:49 am
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quote:
Updated 6h 47m ago

Televangelist Pat Robertson is not happy with the Broncos shipping out Tim Tebow. So unhappy that he's wishing Peyton Manning bad karma.

Robertson said Denver treated Tebow "shabbily" after all he did for the "nothing team" last season.

"And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right," he said.

The very fact that Pat Robertson is talking about KARMA proves that he is not a true Christian. Christians believe in GOD not Karma.

March 24th, 2012, 12:04 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Quote:
Updated 6h 47m ago

The very fact that Pat Robertson is talking about KARMA proves that he is not a true Christian. Christians believe in GOD not Karma.

same diff different verbage. I use the word karma all the time. to me that just means gods will ( as Karma refers to the universal balance...to a christian who would be contolling that balance? :wink: ). but any christian wishing injuries on someone else CLEARLY doesn't get the message....

March 24th, 2012, 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]