View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 rumor has it 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: rumor has it
I feel we could add both bell or atogwe at safety and marcus trufant who is still a solid corner on one year deals then draft curry in rd 1,rd ot bobby massie,3rd og brandon brooks,rd 4 lber nigal bradham,5rd c phillip blake,6rd fb cody johnson,7rd wr cris owasu.this would set us up perfecctly.it would solidify the right side of our oline,it would add another premiere passrusher.more depth at linebacker and wr.a stud fb to open holes for lashoure and a strong developmental center.also the freeagents will improve the secondary.and with next years draft having much better depth at corner an safety it sets us up for quite a few superbowl runs.the plans right in front of us.now let's do it. #-o

March 24th, 2012, 11:13 am
RIP Killer

I notice you continue to show the Lions with a 6th round pick. Is that the case? I always see the pick from Seattle being their 7th.

March 24th, 2012, 12:19 pm
Varsity Captain

As far as I know scott says they do from the pollumbo trade.as I have been told ti was a 7th that became a 6th if he finnished the year on the roster.wich he did.I also believe he got some playing time wich could play into it as well.

March 24th, 2012, 1:09 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
As far as I know scott says they do from the pollumbo trade.as I have been told ti was a 7th that became a 6th if he finnished the year on the roster.wich he did.I also believe he got some playing time wich could play into it as well.

He did play in a game or two. I just wonder why the NFL hasn't released the official picks for all teams yet.

March 24th, 2012, 4:40 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

7 picks - 23 (1st), 54 (2nd), 85 (3rd), 117 (4th), 158 (fifth), 219 (7th), 230 (7th)

Looks like the Polumbo pick didn't get moved up.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/201 ... -draft.pdf

March 27th, 2012, 9:55 am
Hall of Fame Player

ESPN.com wrote:
Will Lions add at RB beyond Kevin Smith?

March, 27, 2012
Mar 275:05PM
By Kevin Seifert

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The Detroit Lions' contract agreement with Kevin Smith adds to the team's collection of running backs. But I would caution you against assuming that the Lions are done assembling their backfield.

When you look at it, Smith, Jahvid Best and Mikel Leshoure have all dealt with injuries of various types in the past few years. Smith struggled last season with an ankle injury, Best (concussion) is awaiting medical clearance to resume football activities and Leshoure ruptured his Achilles' tendon in training camp last summer.

Even with Smith's return, it's worth noting the Lions have put some heavy early draft work into Oregon running back LaMichael James. Coach Jim Schwartz attended his pro day earlier this month, and James also visited the Lions' practice facility.

Could the Lions draft a running back in the top half of the draft for the third consecutive year? We don't know, of course, but their history suggests not to rule it out.

I would rather not spend the draft pick this way and focus on other needs. (OL, DB, LB) But I'm interested in your thoughts.

March 28th, 2012, 11:05 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
ESPN.com wrote:

March, 27, 2012
By Kevin Seifert

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The Detroit Lions' contract agreement with Kevin Smith adds to the team's collection of running backs. But I would caution you against assuming that the Lions are done assembling their backfield.

When you look at it, Smith, Jahvid Best and Mikel Leshoure have all dealt with injuries of various types in the past few years. Smith struggled last season with an ankle injury, Best (concussion) is awaiting medical clearance to resume football activities and Leshoure ruptured his Achilles' tendon in training camp last summer.

Even with Smith's return, it's worth noting the Lions have put some heavy early draft work into Oregon running back LaMichael James. Coach Jim Schwartz attended his pro day earlier this month, and James also visited the Lions' practice facility.

Could the Lions draft a running back in the top half of the draft for the third consecutive year? We don't know, of course, but their history suggests not to rule it out.

I would rather not spend the draft pick this way and focus on other needs. (OL, DB, LB) But I'm interested in your thoughts.

I think Swartz and Mayhew really want a Chris Johnson type back in this offense (to go along with a power back). KJ doesn't fit either definition. I know the fans would throw a fit if they spend a first round pick on a RB but I don't think they care (and probably feel like they have enough goodwill built up to do it).

March 28th, 2012, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:
ESPN.com wrote:

March, 27, 2012
By Kevin Seifert

I think Swartz and Mayhew really want a Chris Johnson type back in this offense (to go along with a power back). KJ doesn't fit either definition. I know the fans would throw a fit if they spend a first round pick on a RB but I don't think they care (and probably feel like they have enough goodwill built up to do it).
KJ??? :confused:

:lol: :wink:

March 28th, 2012, 1:31 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

TheRealWags wrote:

They both get hurt about the same amount, so I can see how he made the mistake!

March 28th, 2012, 1:47 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

They both get hurt about the same amount, so I can see how he made the mistake!

Exactly, basically the same player IMO...

March 28th, 2012, 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

My thoughts are this....I think the Lions will ONLY draft a running back if they think he represents such incredible value that they simply can't pass on him. For instance....let's say by some miracle either Lamar Miller or David Wilson are available with our second round pick, and there's simply no other players that have dropped that represent that much value, they'll make the pick. That's where sticking to your draft board and taking the best player on it comes into play. At that point getting a player like that means they don't have to rush LeShoure, and they can limit Best accordingly. Smith will be either released later on, or kept as the fourth running back.

I am hoping that the front office understands that getting a running back early isn't going to fix the running game. That has to be a combination of improved talent on the offensive line, and some improvement in the run play calls.

March 28th, 2012, 6:21 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Know this probably doesn't mean anything but, have been watching Bama's 2nd pro day this morning on ESPNU. Noticed Sam Gash spending time with Trent Richardson.

March 29th, 2012, 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9