View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Michael Bush anyone? 
Walk On

Post Michael Bush anyone?
How much would it cost us to get Michael Bush to go along with Leshoure & unfortunately Best. Personally I wish we would go draft LeMichael James if he fell to us in the 3rd Rd. But still sign Michael Bush.

March 13th, 2012, 5:32 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Michael Bush anyone?
Brandon Jacobs was released by New York too I think. It was one of those bruiser type backs that was a TJ Duckett style back.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 13th, 2012, 8:03 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He was, and I think Jacobs still has something left in the tank and could be had for 4-5mil for a 2-3 year deal.

I think he would be an ideal fit for the Lions as a bruiser.

Always liked Bush too... he woulda been a 1st rd talent easy had he not busted his leg his final college season. he was destroying people.

March 13th, 2012, 10:29 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

DJ-B wrote:
He was, and I think Jacobs still has something left in the tank and could be had for 4-5mil for a 2-3 year deal.

I think he would be an ideal fit for the Lions as a bruiser.

Always liked Bush too... he woulda been a 1st rd talent easy had he not busted his leg his final college season. he was destroying people.

I had thought about Jacobs, but then I realize he's a idiot. I don't know if you want his idiotic ways in the locker room and sidelines. I think he got cut because of his actions over the years with the Giants. Like him throwing his helmet into the crowd, speaking out about getting less carries to the media, wanting to be traded to the media, making a comment to Brady's wife after the Super Bowl, the list goes on and on...

March 14th, 2012, 3:55 am
Towel Boy

Missing out on Michael Bush is going to hurt us. Having him go to Chicago is going to scar us. I realize the league is pushing the future of passing teams, but having virtually no reliable RB has hurt us for too long. Years ago I had hoped and prayed they would pick up Michael Turner when he left SD. Looks like we missed another Michael opportunity. Hopfully Mikel will prove a better spelling?

March 22nd, 2012, 8:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

jehman wrote:
Missing out on Michael Bush is going to hurt us. Having him go to Chicago is going to scar us. I realize the league is pushing the future of passing teams, but having virtually no reliable RB has hurt us for too long. Years ago I had hoped and prayed they would pick up Michael Turner when he left SD. Looks like we missed another Michael opportunity. Hopfully Mikel will prove a better spelling?

Michael Bush to Chicago only hurts the Lions if Chicago is also able to mend fences with Matt Forte, thus having both of them on the roster in 2012. Forte seems pretty upset with the team right now and it wouldn't surprise me if the Bears are forced to trade him. If that happens, the Bears will have downgraded at RB. No disrespect to Bush, who is a good back, but Matt Forte was their entire offense last year.

I think most here would agree that the Lions need better production from the RB position but I wouldn't hang the fate of the franchise on one free agent that they didn't even pursue.

March 22nd, 2012, 11:23 pm
Hall of Fame Player

jehman wrote:

Welcome to LionBacker jehman! We're glad you're here. You picked an exciting time to join us.

March 23rd, 2012, 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Bears are going to be tough because Cutler is a really good QB and Lovie is a really good coach. However, they have a new OC who's never been an OC, a pitiful offensive line, and an aging defense. We're in tough division to be sure, but we're pretty damn good too.

March 23rd, 2012, 6:53 am
RIP Killer

jehman wrote:

I would have preferred he not sign inside our conference, but I don't think there's too much to fear. It may actually help the Lions, because of the issue it causes with Matt Forte. Perhaps the Bears will finally either give in to his demands (unlikely) or attempt a trade. I know they won't release him, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Forte skip their first six regular season games out of protest.

March 23rd, 2012, 1:24 pm
m2karateman wrote:
jehman wrote:

I would have preferred he not sign inside our conference, but I don't think there's too much to fear. It may actually help the Lions, because of the issue it causes with Matt Forte. Perhaps the Bears will finally either give in to his demands (unlikely) or attempt a trade. I know they won't release him, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Forte skip their first six regular season games out of protest.

We're not usually that lucky...

Still, I'm disappointed that we didn't look at Bush for what he signed for.

Also, I'd take Brandon Jacobs in a heart beat. He wants more carries, I'd give them to him. I'd work him like a rented mule this season and try to replace him next year. I bet he'd sign a one-year deal if we made him our primary back.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:12 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
jehman wrote:

A relative of mine is a huge Bears fan (dont ask :x ), and he told me last night he heard they were going to try and trade him since he is considering holding out. Dont know how much truth there is to that, but that would be nice.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 23rd, 2012, 3:18 pm
RIP Killer

Shockingly, Marion Barber has announced his retirement.

March 23rd, 2012, 3:32 pm
Stats Boy

Michael Bush is sick, I really wish we got him would have been a great fit.

March 24th, 2012, 5:07 pm
lionsflow wrote:
Michael Bush is sick, I really wish we got him would have been a great fit.

I agree. Bush, Stewart, or Brandon Jacobs would all be huge (realize that Bush is now gone). We need to solidify our running game, BADLY.

March 24th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]