View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Another Bengal gets Arrested.... 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Another Bengal gets Arrested....
Even their Cheerleaders end up indicted. :-# :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77533 ... xual-abuse

March 29th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Post Re: Another Bengal gets Arrested....
DJ-B wrote:
Even their Cheerleaders end up indicted. :-# :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77533 ... xual-abuse

What a sucky article... How do you write a story about a cheerleader with no pics?

March 29th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

http://prod.images.bengals.clubs.nflcdn ... n=bilinear

Sarah ?

March 29th, 2012, 11:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
DJ-B wrote:
http://prod.images.bengals.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BENGALS/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/clubimages/2011/10-October/September2011--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.jpg?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

Sarah ?

You do realize that there's two "Sarahs" in that pic, right? Either one looks like they could play that role... I could quote Don Imus to describe those broads...

March 30th, 2012, 9:30 am
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Bengals cheerleader arrested, accused of sex with high school student
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 29, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT

A member of the Bengals’ cheerleading squad who was until recently a Cincinnati-area high school teacher has been arrested and charged with having sex with one of her students.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Sarah Jones, a Ben-Gals cheerleader, was indicted for first-degree sexual abuse and unlawful use of electronic means to induce a minor to engage in sexual or other prohibited acts. Both are felonies that carry sentences of up to five years in prison.

Bengals.com lists one of the team’s cheerleaders as a woman named Sarah J. who is a high school English teacher in addition to having been a member of the Ben-Gals for the last five years.

Sarah’s mother, Cheryl Jones, who is a principal at a different school in the Cincinnati area, was indicted on a charge of tampering with physical evidence in her daughter’s case. That is also a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. The Joneses released a statement from their attorney declaring their innocence.

“Sarah has maintained her innocence. The indictment of her mother is completely baseless,” the statement noted.

Sarah Jones has previously been in the news for suing TheDirty.com, claiming that the website defamed her by publishing a claim that she had a sexually transmitted disease.

Compared to their cheerleading squad, the Bengals look like a bunch of choir boys.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-student/

Joe Fauria, MVP!

March 30th, 2012, 9:33 am
RIP Killer

I've decided to burn up my BA and MBA and go back to high school to get my HS Diploma again.

March 30th, 2012, 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Hott.

Seriously though, it's comical how the Bengals EVERY year have someone in their organization who gets in trouble with the law. Every year. They don't miss a beat. You have to wonder how the owners really feel about it. I'm sure to a certain extent that this is bad luck but they really don't seem to care too much about the character of their employees.

March 30th, 2012, 10:22 am
Hall of Fame Player

Meanwhile, the boy involved (I assume it's a boy) is the envy of the high school.

March 31st, 2012, 6:13 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

LionFan57 wrote:
Meanwhile, the boy involved (I assume it's a boy) is the envy of the high school.

His parents and the justice system refer to him as a "victim". The high school boys around the country refer to him as "that lucky bastard".

March 31st, 2012, 10:12 am
RIP Killer

Pics

http://ftrsports.com/2012/03/bengals-ch ... a-student/

March 31st, 2012, 2:05 pm
m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

His parents and the justice system refer to him as a "victim". The high school boys around the country refer to him as "that lucky bastard".

"That lucky bastard"
"Stud"
"Hero!"

It's not like this kid was 5, 8, or even 12, 13, or even 15, and I guaranty you that he didn't feel like a victim, and probably still doesn't. But if the "system" and enough "adults" tell you you're a victim you do start feeling that way and acting out that way (using it as an excuse to not have "normal" relationships with girls your own age, treating girls like crap, etc.).

I don't know what the answer is, but "victimizing" these "boys" that are smiling from ear to ear certainly doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

March 31st, 2012, 5:23 pm
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

"That lucky bastard"
"Stud"
"Hero!"

It's not like this kid was 5, 8, or even 12, 13, or even 15, and I guaranty you that he didn't feel like a victim, and probably still doesn't. But if the "system" and enough "adults" tell you you're a victim you do start feeling that way and acting out that way (using it as an excuse to not have "normal" relationships with girls your own age, treating girls like crap, etc.).

I don't know what the answer is, but "victimizing" these "boys" that are smiling from ear to ear certainly doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

I'd have no problem being a 'victim'!

April 4th, 2012, 7:10 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

A guy I work with brought up an interesting point. In a case like this, a 16 year old boy is considered a minor. It is a crime because the minor is considered incapable of determining the right course of action, and can be 'swayed' by the clear thinking adult to become involved in something criminal. However, if this were a case where the 16 year old shot and killed the adult, said 16 year old would most certainly be charged and tried as an adult.

So which is it? Is a 16 year old an adult or a minor? It should be the same whether they are the criminal or the victim.

April 4th, 2012, 11:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
A guy I work with brought up an interesting point. In a case like this, a 16 year old boy is considered a minor. It is a crime because the minor is considered incapable of determining the right course of action, and can be 'swayed' by the clear thinking adult to become involved in something criminal. However, if this were a case where the 16 year old shot and killed the adult, said 16 year old would most certainly be charged and tried as an adult.

So which is it? Is a 16 year old an adult or a minor? It should be the same whether they are the criminal or the victim.

This is a great debate question and I don't have time to do it justice now.

However, that 15-17 age is a little grey. I think the courts take into consideration the past behaviors of the juvenile; so a 16 year old with a clean past is treated differently than a repeat violent offender in a shooting case.

Which begs the question that if a 16 year old boy had various and repeated sexual encounters, then was he really a victim of sexual assault by his school teacher? With the exception of contracting an STD (or getting her pregnant) this is pretty much a victimless crime; especially if the kid was not a virgin.

Obviously this is always viewed differently if the sexual assault was perpetrated on a female. That's the double standard that can't be ignored either.

Great question M2K!

April 5th, 2012, 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]